SOTD : Saturday 19th October - Friday 25h October 2019.

Seems like your daughters input for your shave surpassed yours, she has fine choice. How do you find the Rainbow Yaqi? It's pretty much become the only brush I seem to use. It might not be the best brush out there, but I find it one of the easiest to get a good lather with.

I used a another blade from the Israeli Personna factory, the Crystal today and didn't have the best shave with it. Many people seem to get on blades from that factory but they either seem to bite or tug.
I think you're right - I'll give her choosing rights for the next shave as well.

I dismissed the Rainbow early on as I (incorrectly) blamed it for some poor lather so it sat on the shelf for a while. I've used it a couple of times since and I've been really impressed with it. I'm convinced the fibres feel different to some of my other Yaqis and the handle is really comfortable. It's a great brush for face lathering. I think if I was to choose my top 3 Yaqis, it would be the Purple Haze Mew Brown, Sagrada Familia and the Rainbow. I won't be disappointed if my daughter chooses the Rainbow again.

In the YMMV world of shaving, I'm getting ready to accept the Personnas are not for me (although I have some SE blades to try which I'll provide a clean sheet to). I'm debating whether or not to give the blade a second outing on my next shave.

SOTD : 22nd October 2019.

c.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 49.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso Sensitive.

Blade: Parker Premium Platinum.(1)

Razor: Pearl SBF-11.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Pearl SBF11 indian made razor,paired up with the Parker P.P. blade superbly resulting in a wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.A superb indian made shaving product duo.

The proraso sensitive soap is a great soap/crope which provides a slick protective lather, my only gripe with it ,is it leaves a white residue on the razor,in-between rinsing which doesn't affect the soap or the razor's performance granted, but i have to give the razor a thorough rinse and clean with a dry cloth,when i use the proraso sensitive, if not the white residue stays on the razor,which i have to clean before use it doesn't help living in a hard water area, which contibutes to the residue film too i suppose...All said though, it's still a fantastic great value for money shaving soap, which i recommend, and will continue to use in future shaves.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

ymGvNnD.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Tue 22nd Oct

Omega 11137boar
L`Occitane Cade Cream
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Today I thought I should try out the TNNSER with a cream, using a favourite of mine. Well despite the blade being on a 6th outing I had no problem getting a quality Shave, in fact the Razor/Blade combo worked very well with The L`Occitane. I have not mentioned how easy it is to keep the Razor from clogging up and clean at the end of a Shave , the Razor rinses so easily under the tap that all gunk is easily flushed away.

IMG_0695.jpg

October 22, 2019
Tatara Masamune OC with Nodachi Top Plate
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Thäter 4125/3
Signature Soaps Hibernia
Fine L'Orange Noir

Trying out Signature Soaps Hibernia today. The scent is listed as Lime, Lemon, Lemongrass, Sweet Orange and Lavender. I really don't pick up the lavender but I do get one of the best citrus scents I have tried. The lather was slick and protective. Three passes and touch ups just missed the baby. A splash of Fine L'Orange was the perfect end to a great shave. I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

22/10/2019
Pre: Nuage Menthol Oil
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: Supply V2 Custom / AS-D2
Blade: Personna (1) / 7OC Yellow (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol

4 Tues 1.JPG

Very disappointing shave after looking forward to it.
A New blade very much under performing, i had the AS-D2 in the bathroom for such emergencies so i abandoned the Supply and completed the shave with the Feather.
Using the Supply the first pass just did not seem to be taking anything off, it was a new blade so i thought i had not put the correct plate in, anyway, it was switched and i completed the XTG and ATG passes with the Feather.
A nice post shave giving me a DFS+ finish, a very nice post shave for a face freeze (maybe the wrong time of year for it mind).
Blade was checked after the shave and it is blunt - to the blade bank it went.
I so much want this razor to work for me.
Have a great day all.

I think you're right - I'll give her choosing rights for the next shave as well.

I dismissed the Rainbow early on as I (incorrectly) blamed it for some poor lather so it sat on the shelf for a while. I've used it a couple of times since and I've been really impressed with it. I'm convinced the fibres feel different to some of my other Yaqis and the handle is really comfortable. It's a great brush for face lathering. I think if I was to choose my top 3 Yaqis, it would be the Purple Haze Mew Brown, Sagrada Familia and the Rainbow. I won't be disappointed if my daughter chooses the Rainbow again.

In the YMMV world of shaving, I'm getting ready to accept the Personnas are not for me (although I have some SE blades to try which I'll provide a clean sheet to). I'm debating whether or not to give the blade a second outing on my next shave.

Thanks for the info about your favourite Yaqis. The Rainbow has a faux horse knot and they are different fibres to the others, they seem to be thinner. I find it a good brush but if I was nitpicking it doesn't release the lather as well as some others, I find at the end of the shave it seems to hold onto lather in the middle of the brush a little more than my Yaqi synths.

I presume the Rex is a bit more on the efficient side of things? I've found Personna Reds and Crystals are a bit more on the efficient side of things, and I can just manage to use them for the mildest razors I own!

Back
Top Bottom