SOTD : Saturday 19th October - Friday 25h October 2019.

Monday 21st October

Pears Glycerine Soap
Natural Ireland Seaweed Shaving Soap
Simpson Special Best Badger Brush
RazoRock ECO with a GWS Blade
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Aloe Vera Gel
Gotas Frecas Hombre Agua de Colonia Concentrada.

3 passes for what should have been a perfect shave.....the little weeper under my nose downgraded it just a little.

21/10/19

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Crystal (6)
Post - Alum/RSC Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

Over the last few weeks I seemed to have stuck to using my Yaqi Rainbow and neglecting my boars in the meantime. Today was a rare outing for the 11819 Omega boar, a brush that pretty much every time I use seems to lose a few bristles but it can get a little boring using a synth all the time, it's quite nice to have a little variation.
In comparison to using synths, with the Omega 11819 I seem to get an inferior lather with the Palmolive. During the shave, the Crystal bit me a few times, and I'm not sure whether it was down to the lather, user error or the blade being past it's best (or in reality a combination of the 3).
A lot of people seem to really like Israeli Personnas but I've found Reds and Crystals seem to bite more than most other blades I seem to use, possibly down to not being able to pair them with the right razor

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

21/10/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Silver Wolf Mysterious 24mm
Soap: OSP Spice Road
Razor: Feather AC SS Non-Folder
Blade: Kai Pro Touch MG (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum astringent
Balm: Tabac Original
Aftershave: OSP Spice Road

3 Mon.JPG
A couple of 1st's today as i am a lot more comfortable with this Non Folder than i am with the AC-DX Folder.
1. I tried my first left handed WTG pass @ LH side burn to jaw line & cheek . An area i struggle with using the AC Folder
2. A Full ATG pass using both hands - although very gently.
So - 3 passes all ways producing a DFS+ finish with a little roughness on the RH side of my chin.
Very happy with that.
A great lather today and i needed it, the only other issue i have is a very small graze under the LH chin/jaw area, not a bleeder though.
Not a lot from the block apart from the graze.
Finishing off with a splash off my Bay Rum Astringent, a good dollop of Tabac balm and a splash of OSP Spice Road aftershave.
Feeling very accomplished and smelling pretty good too.
Have a great day All.

7F6E7980-BE29-4544-B4F3-59ABDE209965.jpeg
SOTD 10/21/19

Great shave today with my new/old silver plated Gillette New Standard Long comb. Great razor! Delivered a BBS face and dome shave.

Gillette Silver Plated New Standard Long Comb
Voskhod Blade
Cold water rinse followed by PAA's Charcoal/Menthol Cube Preshave soap
Cremo Mint Shave Cream
L'Occitane Cade AS Balm

I feel clean and refreshed!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Last edited:
Monday AM 2019-10-21

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Eufros/Jabonman Sandalo shaving soap (tallow)
Bob's Razor Works Gillette Old Type/Black Bull Mastiff
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (10)
Floris Santal aftershave
AMCRFJP.jpg

CaVuZji.jpg

Sunday SOTD

Lea Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Gillette Nacet (?)
N Locio'n Aftershave

I'm late to the Lea soap party, I like everything about it. Very good all round performance.
The star of tonight's shave is the very inexpensive Spanish aftershave -€2.10 for 320ml @Digimonkey - thanks for the heads up Iain
It out performs its price - a real bargain

No problem P. - glad you liked the aftershave - I'd say it would be an excellent buy at three times the price? I reckon that you have saved so much money thus far - that you could get a bottle of Alvarez Gomez Barberia cologne past your other half? Ha ha - I.

21/10/19

Razor: Rex Ambassador #2
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: TOBS Rose
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
ASB: Creightons PSB

IMG_20191021_185548.jpg

With the exception of the razor and blade, today's shave set-up was chosen by my daughter. She likes the red lines on the Rose tub and the rainbow Yaqi handle is her favourite looking brush.

Whilst her choices performed excellently, the Personna blade was utter shit. My poor shaves with these blades significantly outnumber the good ones so I'm thinking of putting them to the back of the drawer. Lots of tugging with poor hair removal despite winding the razor up to #3 to try and compensate.

New week and a new razor to try! I really haven't been excited for a new razor in quite a bit but the Supply V2 really caught my eye and as I have no other Schick type SE I figured why not?! So today I loaded a new Schick blade into this polished beauty and gave it a go.

Today's soap Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars. So good a scent and an amazing performing soap. Really enjoyed using this today and honestly really liking the tobacco and leather scents lately.

So I got through a very easy two pass shave with the “classic” or two dot plate. Close and comfortable with zero nicks or irritation. The angle took a little to get used to but no issues. I have the mild (one) and aggressive (three dot) plate which I will try next. I figure this week will be dedicated to the Supply V2!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Supply The Single Edge V2
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Lather: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
461D666D-F51B-4EA7-9CD5-79F5A8C0907F.jpeg

21/10/19

Razor: Rex Ambassador #2
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: TOBS Rose
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
ASB: Creightons PSB

View attachment 48455

With the exception of the razor and blade, today's shave set-up was chosen by my daughter. She likes the red lines on the Rose tub and the rainbow Yaqi handle is her favourite looking brush.

Whilst her choices performed excellently, the Personna blade was utter shit. My poor shaves with these blades significantly outnumber the good ones so I'm thinking of putting them to the back of the drawer. Lots of tugging with poor hair removal despite winding the razor up to #3 to try and compensate.

Seems like your daughters input for your shave surpassed yours, she has fine choice. How do you find the Rainbow Yaqi? It's pretty much become the only brush I seem to use. It might not be the best brush out there, but I find it one of the easiest to get a good lather with.

I used a another blade from the Israeli Personna factory, the Crystal today and didn't have the best shave with it. Many people seem to get on blades from that factory but they either seem to bite or tug.

Back
Top Bottom