SOTD : Saturday 19th October - Friday 25h October 2019.

Sunday 20th October
Cadman Custom - Vintage Old Spice - GEM Damaskeene - GEM SSC - #4 - Alum - Old Spice A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
f7iQuit.jpg

A Dammy good shave.

jbZyUOx.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger;
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
Razor: Mergress XL
Blade: NOS Personna P74 Med Prep (8)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Balm
Scent: Knize Forest EdT

First shave with the newly acquired Mergress XL. A very handsome razor, and feels great in the hand. I normally shave with my Futur set on 2, but have been enjoying slightly more aggressive shaves of late, so dialed it up to 2.5. It might seem strange to some that I loaded the Mergress with a blade on its 8th outing, but anyone who has shaved with a P74 will know that this makes perfect sense.
The Wholly Kaw lather was predictably excellent; three comfortable passes and I was smoother than James Bond at a cocktail bar.
Finished with the fresh pine-dominant fougère scent of Knize Forest. Tricky to get this right, but the Austrians have done a marvelous job.

Sat 19th Oct
Prep: Shower Liz Earle Men's Face and Body Wash
Liz Earle Men's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
Cream: Liz Earle Men's Sensitive Shave Cream & Hot Cloth
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Bowl: NS 3D
Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Voskhod (4)
ASB: Liz Earle Men's After Shaving Moisturiser
A wonderful long relaxing shave using Liz Earle products
Sun 20th Oct
Prep: Shower Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute
Soap: MLS Grand Havana
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Bowl: Timeless
Razor: Ever Ready Featherweight
Blade: GEM coated (lost count :LOL:)

TOBS Cedarwood cream
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm synth
Steve Woodhead Ceramics bowl
Gillette Red/Black New
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore

Great stuff. Hadn't used the cream and bowl for ages and a small finger tip sized snurdle of cream yielded enough lather for at least another 2 passes. But three was enough.

Have a great forthcoming week, folks.

4F7F6AD0-2C8D-4E48-877B-FD7467347CBF.jpeg

October 20, 2019
Tatara Masamune OC with Nodachi Top Plate
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Thäter 4125/3
Signature Soaps Leodis
Floid Blue Aftershave

Early morning shave with a later afternoon posts. @Satanfriendly Chris reached out to me unsolicited with an offer to ship over some soap samples from Signature Soaps. Each sample was packed in a 60g tin or plastic container. Up first today was Signature Soap Leodis. The scent is listed as Rose, Germanium, Clary Sage, & Grapefruit. The texture of the soap is best described as a croap. I placed pea sized sample on top of the Thater brush and began face lathering. I had anticipated the scent being somewhat busy but was pleasantly surprised. I picked up a nice floral herbal scent with a touch of citrus. The scent strength was nice lasting throughout the shave but was not overpowering. The soap was very easy to lather and very slick. Three passes and touch ups ended in a drama free BBS shave. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom