SOTD : Saturday 19th October - Friday 25h October 2019.

19/10/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Feather AC DX
Blade: Kai Pro Touch MG (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Homemade Neroli Argan Oil
Aftershave: OSP Neroli

1 Sat.JPG

A successful DFS+ shave today with the Feather AC-DX, it was paired with the Kai pro touch as i class myself as in still in training with this razor.
2 Passes WTG & XTG and some ATG touch up.
The OSP soap giving me a wonderfully scented slick Lather.
Very happy with that and smelling very nice indeed.
Have a great day All.

Last edited:
19/10/19

Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Lord Chrome (4)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

I've seen a few reports here and there that all Lord blades are the same but have different packets, but I've found that's not the case with the Lord Chrome one of their smoother blades, different to the Shark Chrome which I found to be rougher and sharper.

Not a bad shave today.

Have a good weekend chaps.

Good to find out your maiden use of the Parker Semi Slant was an enjoyable one. A few seemed to have struggled with the razor, but maybe that was partly down to user error - I'm getting the impression Parker razors seem to require a steeper angle to get the best out of them.
Parker razors do require a steeper shaving angle,which some people find it difficult to adjust to, once you've found your sweet spot, sublime shaves will be rewarded to you..Yeah, user error is also a major contributor to the parker 55SL.,but some people are too quick to say the quality is no good, or some other faint-hearted excuse...'A bad workman always blames his tools'.
Regards.B

Last edited:
Sat 19th Oct
Jayaruh Syn No67
Lea. Classic soap
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S ( 3 )
Lea Classic A/S lotion

For me the test of a good Razor is whether or not you can have trouble free good quality consecutive Shaves with it.Today I was on my 3rd one with The TNNSER , and having adopted a lighter touch,got a troublfree close all round Shave.The finished Shave quality is up there with the best I get with a Streamline,1914/24,and MMOC.

CB093F5F-CB35-415D-89AE-E3E148A77121.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_20191019_151644__01.jpg

Carbon Shaving Co. Cx
Wizamet Super Iridium
Romera Manchurian
APR Fenchurch (sample)
Lúcido aftershave

David @Optometrist kindly sent me two APR samples, Ozymandias and today's soap of choice, Fenchurch.

After using the samples a few times the soap has really impressed me. Top marks on all counts. Classy scents, easy to lather, slick and protective with great post shave too. I'll keep my eye on future releases.

Thanks David for sending the samples, you are a Gent.

Cheers
Rob

Pre-shave:- None
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- None
Soap/Cream:- Bulldog gel and aerosol Gel mix
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Shark (5)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter
Fragrance:- None

Fifth shave with the shark blade, first shave was really bad, close but rough. Second was better, the shave today was good, best so far. I know that some of you guys only use a blade a couple of times and then throw it, I only get the best from a blade after 3+ shaves.

Final day with the Bulldog Gel, I am pleased to see the back of that stuff, next soap is Palmolive Stick and a new badger brush which arrived today, next blade is first use of a pack I bought at Sainsburys.

Saturday AM 2019-10-19

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/51)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Pacifica Sandalwood perfume
Wolfman WR1-SB Antique Bronze/Darwin
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (8)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
B2egid9.jpg

Pre-shave:- None
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- None
Soap/Cream:- Bulldog gel and aerosol Gel mix
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Tech and Shark (5)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter
Fragrance:- None

Fifth shave with the shark blade, first shave was really bad, close but rough. Second was better, the shave today was good, best so far. I know that some of you guys only use a blade a couple of times and then throw it, I only get the best from a blade after 3+ shaves.

Final day with the Bulldog Gel, I am pleased to see the back of that stuff, next soap is Palmolive Stick and a new badger brush which arrived today, next blade is first use of a pack I bought at Sainsburys.

You'll see a marked improvement in the lather with Palmolive.
You'll likely have to dip the brush tips a few times to dial in the right consistency, but it'll be far superior to what you've been using of late

19 October

Fine Platinum
Razorock 400 Noir Plissoft
MÜHLE R89
Feather Hi-stainless
Fine Platinum asl

08674916-868C-4A5F-AA53-27DC415A42C5.jpeg

This morning's shave was a classic. Everything came together to produce a great shave. The MÜHLE was both efficient and very comfortable, all clean in two passes. The Razorock 400 is a superb brush and has killer looks. The photo is not black and white, but it could be.

Saturday

OSP Neroli
Yaqi Red Marble synth
Face lather
ER 1914
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Flöid Mentally Vigorous

Not a bad shave this evening. To be honest, if I'd left it another day or so, I would have got a smoother finish. Yesterday, my Feather Artist Club Kamisori took care of 2-3 days of bristle; and there wasn't enough left to really let the 1914 shine. Still, a DFS.

I normally use a loom band shim on my Gem blade with the 1914, to try and minimise blade chatter and slight movement. As we know, the 1914/24s were designed for the wedge shaped stropping blades; not the current thinner Gems with the cut-outs at either side. Tonight I tried an non-shimmed Gem and I didn't really notice any appreciable difference. A little movement, but nothing that affected the quality of the shave.F956DF2D-6C05-4D2D-9E79-C47E17FA69AC.jpeg

And for this most wonderful of evenings I bring you my shave with the theme 'Shexit'

IMG_20191014_191518.jpg

Angela Merkur - Stainless Colonial General
Boris the Blade - Kai Captain
Honourable member for EU brushes - RazoRock 400
Soap, cream, or the Lib Dem croap? - Extro Barocco
The quiet French negotiator - Michael L'Occitane Barnier of Cade
Deal or no deal? - ESC Duine Fon Choill

This shave has been three years in the making and three years to produce a decision as to exactly what I would be shaving with this evening. After putting it to a vote of confidence and with an overall majority of 1 (A one person only voting system) it was unanimously given in favour of the above mentioned items and shaving legislation was duly passed followed by a directive for the cabinet to issue forth with the necessary accoutrements for a clean and tidy SOTD.

A bit of a dogs dinner of shaving goodies. No different to Brexit really

Anyway, anyway, anyway. This past week has been as busy as buggery with the number of people off sick at work so very little time to even give TSR a look in, never mind scribble up a protracted SOTD. But chaps, and just to put you at peace, yes, I have been shaving. No time for SOTD's and certainly no time to allow facial hair ruin my day.

After a few weeks of Proline blades I decided to go back to my trusted Kai Captain. You can always trust a Captain, believe me. A very nice 'welcome back' and less of that 'careful, careful, careful' prospect. I swore by these blades at the start of my SE experience and I still swear by them. And at them occasionally. 'Not another effing cut!' Gentle and effective for the majority though and to be honest you would have to be pushing the envelope to cut yourself with the General and a Captain. In passing why do people push envelopes? I've tried it and I still don't see the point. Is it supposed to have a stamp on it?

Great brush and a great croap (even if it does smell of an up market toilet cleanser) and together a sterling job of the 'stick some lather on my face please' duties. I don't see too many folk giving Extro their due but I have to give them a mention now and then as they do make a very nice soap croap here.

So one wonderful easy going and relaxing shave and smoother than Brexit ever was/is. Polish it all off with a dab of Cade aftershave balm and a splash of that superb Duine Fon Choill splash and life is great.

I wish you all a great Sunday and may your shaves be free of those 'oh fuck' moments. Be well one and all

And always time for some nice Japanese ladies doing that metal thing

Back
Top Bottom