SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

View attachment 84611
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Evergreen Juniper
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

Amazing shave from the criminally neglected Tech, and the equally sidelined Juniper soap. I've apologised to both, and upgraded the Tech to "official travel razor" status and informed it that it will be accompanying me north of the border next week. I'm happy that it's perfectly normal to talk to shaving paraphernalia - it's only when it answers back you need to start worrying....;)
Superb shave set up...We are all guilty of "criminally neglecting our Gillette Tech's" from time to time..A wonderful razor that every wet shaver should try out....The sinister looking image on the Gillette Super Blue cover looks like "Bela Lugosi" with a mustasch I was expecting the blade cover to have "Made in Transylvania" printed on it with an attention warning stating "Do not expose to daylight, for night shaving only."
200.gif

Superb shave set up...We are all guilty of "criminally neglecting our Gillette Tech's" from time to time..A wonderful razor that every wet shaver should try out....The sinister looking image on the Gillette Super Blue cover looks like "Bela Lugosi" with a mustasch I was expecting the blade cover to have "Made in Transylvania" printed on it with an attention warning stating "Do not expose to daylight, for night shaving only."
200.gif
Agreed @Palmolive fox . On all points ;) I need to dig out my Knack / Slim Twist soon and reacquaint myself with it too. Pretty sure that's a better razor than my early technique gave it credit for.

Agreed @Palmolive fox . On all points ;) I need to dig out my Knack / Slim Twist soon and reacquaint myself with it too. Pretty sure that's a better razor than my early technique gave it credit for.
The Gillette Slim Twist was my first vintage DE razor gifted to me by a friend of the family....Technique & shaving confidence are the winning key to good shaves..."Technique trumps Tools"...Enjoy your reacquaintance with those vintage Tech's. (y)

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Turkish Boar
Blade-Nacet
Soap-P&B Sanskrit**
Razor-Blackland Tradere*
AS-Barts Lime
AAS-4711

I happened to see Kevy Shaves (Is he Welsh?) using a borrowed Tradere and it reminded me of the one given me by a neighbour a few months ago so I dug it out. It worked well with a Nacet blade and I like how the blade is enclosed at the ends by the top cap.

**I hadn’t used the Sanskrit soap for a long while but I think I’ll give it a bit more use in future.

Sunday 20th February

Cream • Nivea Original
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (4)
Post • Nivea 2 Phase Aftershave

I don't often use this Nivea Shave Cream, but when i do I know I can depend on it to deliver.
At only £1 a tube it is a real gem of a bargain.
I haven't seen it for sale on the High Street for a few years though.

Sunday 20th February

AM-JKLWqnAkXfDKdGsx7xJsTM3AZLALTl7sN59UdDKsEiUjy2I7Bik-EjMc3YKTIvtRaxcJNEiKOK34y30zlgvtAsnGeq8tY1vR0UCL-Eq_8mx6w-I2B0fwmla8H6Lt0F95-BQpp0OYRblxbqu9YnDmlofUk_g=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Sorrento Shaving Soap
Razorock Hive w/Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi SE DLC & Treet King (2)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave

Another run with the Treet King and second run has a more mellow feel. I likened the first go to a sorta refined Shark Stainless. Perhaps also (on reflection after the second run) akin to the Wilkinson Sword Economie.

Super!

Saturday night's tales from the demonic sink of Satanfriendly arrived with the theme 'Demonic Diabolical Soaps'. Alternatively themed 'Glitzy shiny presentation, shite contents'

20220219_191803-01.jpeg

Demon razor - Ikon B1
Evil edge - Dorco Prime
Bedeviled brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Malevolent moisturiser - Simple
Fucking shite soap - Acqua di Genova

'And while I am here, is there any chance this man could cut the fucking foul language?'

A brilliant razor with a nice blade. A superb brush in the Whiskey Barrel and an Italian soap. What more could the world of shaving ever want?

A lather, or something similar to shave in to?

I have never had any issue with face lathering any vegetable based soap. Come to think about it, any soap. Some prefer whipping in a bowl (I'll just take the whipping and be very happy). Some can be awkward, some easy, some stubborn, but this one has me beat.

Face lathering away merrily and the bloody stuff is disappearing faster than I can apply. Less water, more soap, more water, less soap and it all ends up like trying to paint my face with white water colour paints.

Hit face with blade and a wet of watar might have been a better bet.

I somehow manage a single pass shave, but it is all down to the razor and the blade that any level of success resulted.

Thank God for moisturisers.

Not the best shave in the world and probably in the bunch of the worse. But I have to smile as at least I don't sport a sodding beard.

Still, there are some Japanese girly bands to make up for the lack of total shaving pleasure. And a very fittingly named band to sing you out, it is over to those to synchronised dancing heavy metal ladies, Scandal

Back
Top Bottom