SOTD : Saturday 19th February-Friday 25th February 2022.

274027136_996660044277967_5161274949032773369_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mytserious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Treet Platinum (3)

Back on the Denim, and that upfront aniseed continues. Not something I recall at all. There was a deodorant in the gift pack as well, so maybe I'll dig that out and spray it around a bit to see if that's more familiar. Treet just tailing off, soo retiring before I taint my thoughts on its performance.

SotD isn't the same without pics so here's the obligatory snap.
This was actually not one of those long drawn out Saturday morning shaves: after another long week I broke my diet and went full on kebab on chips with lager and tunes on the stereo. Late night, early start, but I squeezed in a proper shave with 5 minutes to spare.

The forum Fatboy, loaded with a Voskhod, aided and abetted by the Wickham Gothic Revival, whipped to low fat yoghurt-like consistency direct to the face with my big soft PAA Phantom Aerolite. 2 passes and pickups for a face-feeler that I've been rubbing like I am doing a Jimmy Hill impression! Gothic balm too, (love the scent) and a splash of bay rum to make sure my opponents gloves smell nice after he's finished punching me in the face .

20220219_154647.jpg
If anyone is thinking of the current Jimmy Hill, no, not him. I mean the legendary football guy with the world's best chin. May he rest in peace. His chin rubbing antics became a byword for my generation, if someone said something rather debatable, and you didn't believe them, everyone used to rub their chin and say "ooh Jimmy 'ill!" Never really knew why, but it was a thing round our way when I was at school.

So from Shave of the day to Match of the day
Jimmy-Hill-September-1998.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday AM 2022-02-19
Birthdate in 1816 of Louis-Guillaume Perreaux, inventor of the first motorcycle (the steam velocipede)
iKoGWSK.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
jrUemYj.jpg

Saturday 19th February

AM-JKLVBlnSnN50RYtP1ZxMlnobqF2frAr_bhSGV9spacWAOGMX3kAj8ZLHcYuzYxIGwvk7HNyMYfqnPT3EfVCFiuhnmvYwBCrzuE4ApVCEmMG1_C8A9lms3tqswCDQyu14yppLF0wrlvTXZWr0h7oFNazi9RQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream
Razorock Hive w/Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi SE DLC & Treet King (1)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

Gorgeous lather from the truly artisinal Moon Soaps soap which built an absolutely gorgeous fog of Cherry Bakewell around my face ...

First go, for me, with the Treet King. I tend to like Treet best in razors which have a yawning blade gap and the gap in the Yaqi SE is pretty wide. It's a stainless blade and has a completely different feel to their other stainless blades (like the New Steel, New Edge or Trig Silver Edge) giving what I would say is a more legacy carbon-like shave. I liked it! In a lot of ways, it put me in mind of the Shark Stainless ... but a tad more refined. I think it is marketed kinda back to back with the Falcon, which is a carbon blade and to my face no different to the Treet Classic, so I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't simply another stainless in different packaging.

Enjoyed!

Back
Top Bottom