SOTD: Saturday 18th December - Friday 24th December 2021.

21/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - Personna Med Prep (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 51 2021 (4).JPG
A simple, smooth as you like 2 pass shave, WTG then ATG, leaving me feeling and smelling clean, fresh and bright.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Tuesday AM 2021-12-21
Walt Disney film 'Snow White' premiered on this date in 1937
hQ8fat5.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (5)
Ginger's Garden Almond aftershave
wujdktl.jpg

View attachment 81815
Paradigm Titanium II
Polsilver
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 HMW
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica: bath soap, shaving soap and aftershave
EDP: Acqua Di Parma Ambra
Soundtrack: Radiohead - In Rainbows

I broke up for Christmas on Friday and I've been totally wiped out over the weekend. Such is the relief of getting away from work for a couple of weeks. Still managed to get out on my bike though.

Although I haven't been around much this year. (my new obsession with cycling is the main culprit) I still take the time and enjoy a shave. Today being a great case in point.
I haven't used the Paradigm for a long time, ever since the Outlaw came along. It's still a special razor and delivered great results along with the Saponificio Varesino brush (still my favourite brush) and the SV software (still my favourite software).

A fantastic shave which left me smooth and relaxed. Totally zen baby!

Not sure if I'll be posting before the end of year. If not I wish you all a safe, merry Christmas and a happy New year. If you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you can have a break and spend some time with your loved ones.

Cheers
Rob

Good to see you Rob , Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

21/12/2021

Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Brush: Maseto 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Pannacrema Nuàvia Verde

20211221_193608.jpg

Not a great shave. The blade felt very tuggy. The first few I times I used a BIC Chrome Platinum I loved them. Ordered 100 for a Turkish seller on AliExpress. Each of those blades I've used have been poor. I'm suspicious and wondering if I should even waste my time with the remaining blades.

21/12/2021

View attachment 81859

Not a great shave. The blade felt very tuggy. The first few I times I used a BIC Chrome Platinum I loved them. Ordered 100 for a Turkish seller on AliExpress. Each of those blades I've used have been poor. I'm suspicious and wondering if I should even waste my time with the remaining blades.

Throw them away. I have used a few of them and come across a few which were absolute stinkers, others were great. I get the impression they have some issues with QC.

21/12/2021

View attachment 81859

You buy expensive razors, but then get bargain basement blades to shave with.

laughing.jpg

Themed 'Pretty well much a muchness' this was my offering for today's SOTD

20211221_174927.jpg

Same razor :sleep: - Tatara Nodachi
Same blade :sleep: - Polsilver Lodz
Same brush :sleep: - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Same moisturiser :sleep: - Faena aftershave balm
Different soap? :rolleyes: - Extro Arancia

Same old shave as previous with a dare to be different soap for entertainment value. Same old fucking spectacular results though and Same old happy bunnyism.

And some different Japanese ladies and their music

And some without

And I love you all

Back
Top Bottom