SOTD : Saturday 17th July to Friday 23rd July 2021.

Sunday

Phoenix and Beau Denali
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Yaqi Katana
Permasharp
Bart’s Ben Cruachan After Shave lotion

Post-swim shave, with excellent results. Due care is needed with the Katana though. It’s more assertive than my R41; also, it has more noisy toasty scrape scrape-ness than the founding fathers of the 1912 dynasty.

BEF3318F-90B0-4D73-B1D1-4C2BA8F61DA6.jpeg

20210718_120839.jpg
SOTD 18th July
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - TDS Sandalwood
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #5
Post - Nivea Balm

Excellently effective 3 passes with this simple and cheap set up. Again, tons of excellent lather produced by brush and soap even if there's little by way of Sandalwood scent. The soap holds a ton of water and produces a slick and shiny lather.
This little razor is simply brilliant - mild, smooth but gives a very near BBS EVERY time. Nivea finished proceedings nicely indeed.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

Razor = Blackland Dart
Blade = Super Shave Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Shavemac 3 Band 24mm
Cream = Arko Hydrate
Splash = Skin Bracer
Balm = Nivea Sensitive

Another Decent shave today & probably my last of the everyday shave.
i should be coming out of quarantine today so that means back to work & a shave every two days
Plus i think the Dart it just to aggressive for me although the next time i’ll use it i’ll have two days growth.
The Arko is ok
it lathered well but i probably put in more than i needed, at £1.49 from Amazon well i can’t complain.
The blade was a first for me,
Done the job nicely but nothing to write home about, a good 5/10.
Onwards & Upwards Lads take care
7C46F0D0-D797-4A1A-A0C7-A8771C2D923C.png

Sunday 18th July
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Sandalwood - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #5 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
JrxW5E0.jpg

Sunday AM 2021-07-18
National Shave Day
GimUoLX.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/H&S Black
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (16)
Paco Rabanne aftershave (vintage)

A very refreshing shave on this warm Shave Day morning. It was so relaxing that I almost dropped my favorite razor into the steel bowl in the sink. I wouldn't choose to wear the Paco Rabanne as a fragrance, but it's great for an aftershave.
yUP8w3y.jpg

Sunday AM 2021-07-18
National Shave Day
GimUoLX.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/H&S Black
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (16)
Paco Rabanne aftershave (vintage)

A very refreshing shave on this warm Shave Day morning. It was so relaxing that I almost dropped my favorite razor into the steel bowl in the sink. I wouldn't choose to wear the Paco Rabanne as a fragrance, but it's great for an aftershave.
yUP8w3y.jpg

Whayeeeee! What a national day! It is a national shave day every day for us chaps

10BF978E-1D6F-4546-B411-CAD44111A956.jpeg
Prep: Shower with PAA menthol cube.

Pre: PAA menthol cube.

Soap: Wickhams club cola.

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush

Razor: Futur clone

Blade: Persona Viking Sword

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
A great Sunday shave if a little rushed! Went with a cold shave due to the weather!

Mon 19 SE SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 7th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + HeV-CCC Balm
Awesome soap! Super nice scent...cognacigarish!!! Creamy and slick lather too!
Just an effortless, super smooth, and very comfortable 3passes without any issues for a catfish finish! The razor and the well-used blade combo were terrific! Aftershaves especially the matching HetV balm were excellent!
20210719_092732.jpg

218228641_300990341768656_6855055666997249475_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, Baxter Facial Scrub
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: 1912 Deluxe
Blade: Personna Gem (2)

With a few day's growth to go at, today seemed a good time to bring the UK 1912 off the bench. It is testament to how much I've improved in the last few months that I was able to enjoy a 2 pass DFS with no drama as opposed to the initial carnage that ensued when I bought them! No doubt I was pressing a little hard at the beginning as I worked with the flatter angle - and the alum told me I'd overworked my "problem spot" - but all in all a most enjoyable start to the week.

Back
Top Bottom