SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - 3ONE6 with Impero Handle
Blade - Feather
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Nivea Liquid Cream
Splash - Tabac

I don't usually use the same razor 2 weeks in a row, but I was still undecided about last week's blade (The Bluebeards Revenge) in the 3ONE6. I thought it would be a good idea to test it against a known entity, so I loaded up the same razor with a Feather. A blade I've never used before. Idiot.

It seemed to have a bit more blade feel, but was much smoother. Very nice!

Last edited:

Thanks for the tag Paul, I hope you enjoy using the brush.

17.6.23 Head and face shave

Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP
Razor: Blackland Vector (face)
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

First time I’ve used MWF since April 8th as been using up some products I wanted to finish off and oh how I‘ve missed it. As a daily head shaver the residual slickness is superb as I generally do a one pass plus touch ups, the slickness enables me to touch up without re-lathering unlike a lot of inferior soaps. I had missed the scent too, very comforting.

I - the aluminium version is the one you tried. Gile has the stainless DLC version (diamond like coating - some kind of hard wearing finish). Nice razor but you wouldn't like it if you didn't click with the aluminium version.

SOTD: 17/06/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 7th use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm

SOTD: 18th June 2023.

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Eco Warrior Bergamot & lime Shaving Bar.
Blade: Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D2)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne. /Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Eco Warrior shaving bar performed wonderfully this morning producing a slick protective lather in a short space of time.

The soap has a mild scent good texture & slickness it's protective leaving an impressive post shave feel and pairs with the Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne superbly.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.... Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
SOTD 20230617
Prep; Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Raw Shaving RS26
Soap: Antica Barberia Mondial Original Citrus
Razor: Raw Shaving RS10 A-Plate
Blade: Kai Stainless
AS: Antica Barberia Mondial Original Citrus

Best Regards
Marco

18 June

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Mühle STF Travel Brush
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

The photo gave me a bit of a problem. This is the chrome tube version of the Mühle travel brush, with a more grippy and more substantial feel, but, as reflective as a mirror. The brush has a really pleasant feel to it but is a pig to photograph well. As a compromise you get a picture of the working end only.
A very pleasant shave it was too. A plentiful and almost instant good lather for the whole shave. Two very comfortable passes with the Rockwell and a good close result.

My first entry for this new week of SOTD's and, on a Sunday? Not a Tuesday multi shave entry? News is coming through, Hell has just frozen over.

This shave hence arrives themed, 'What a cool little Devil I am'

Ice maiden - Ikon B1
Warm as ice - Wizamet Super Iridium
Prince of starkness - Yaqi Dandelion
Snowfriendly - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Hot boxing - Pure moisturiser

https://giphy.com/ZE8pOE7h53wYw
'Oh it's just you. How disappointing'

Fortunately not a disappointing shave, but what else would the B1 throw at the world of smoothness before ugliness? A lovely cold water shave with the water being provided by the County of Yorkshire. I have always sworn (and I do swear a lot) there is something about the water this side of the country which leads to a great shaving experience. And pretty damn fine beer in to the bargain. The Super Iridium proving its worth.....

And apparently, I'm not

Dandelion and Signature? Say no more. And I won't. But these ladies will.....