SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

SOTD: 22nd June 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D4)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Boots Cucumber Facial Toner./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A mild yet efficient early morning shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

It's been ages since I last added the P&B Star Noir soap to my shaving soap rotation, and forgot how much of a wonderful performing soap it is.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.
My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 22-June
20230621_155138.jpg
Brush: Highlander M7
Soap: A&E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: CG Gen 1 Lvl2
Blade: Wizamet (1)

Decent shave again, had to get a new Wizamet or again for today (butchered yesterday's to get it to fit in a new razor).

Good finish with zero irritation, for a level 2 designation I kind of expected a smaller step down from the level 3, but he seems to have taken a fair leap, no bad thing just an observation.

Smelling good and ready for the day, hope everyone has a good one!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 20230622.
6zYWSkJ.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
TGS "Sea Citrus" shaving soap.
Design94 "Titanium SpaCe" razor.
Permasharp Super (2).
Clubman Pinaud "Citrus Musk" ASL.

22 June

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Simpson Chubby 2
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

550193C8-DF09-4160-B9CF-31E386FBFE4A.jpeg
Much better. Same soap, better brush. Much quicker lather not surprisingly, this is a much more expensive brush than the Omega. The shave itself was smooth and close and completed in two easy passes. I really like the Nodachi.

Thursday 22 June
So, the nights are now drawing in after summer solstice yesterday. Hey ho, soon be Christmas :eek:

The Wizamet, or to give it it’s full title, Widzewskie Zaklady Metalowe from Poland is a Gillette type, bar guard, and is an interesting razor. The company seems only to make blades now, like Polsilver and Karat.
The razor is made from soft aluminium and getting one today that isn’t fit only for the bin isn’t easy. Mine is long handled so probably the Senior version and came to me from the States, not expensive, although postage cost as much as the razor. It’s in good condition but is showing it‘s age. Nevertheless it is a very comfortable razor to use despite being quite light. The head is stamped from sheet alu but isn’t quite as slim as the tech, quite chunky in fact.
Thought I would use a Polsilver “extra stainless” ( that expression again!). Tabac soap stick and synthetic brush worked well enough but the lather did tend to dry out quickly requiring regular dipping of the brush in water to keep things moving along.
Two passes plus pick ups and a perfectly acceptable finish ensued with only one minor weep, operator error this time.
On with the Old Spice splash and I am ready for the day.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0137.jpeg

A second great shave with the modern London Bridge blade.

The Flexi is a touch aggressive for me on most settings but I did get a good comfortable shave on the lowest setting tonight.

Coming to the end of the Rose of Bulgaria. I love the scent and the feeling it leaves on my face.

I'm working my way to the end of the English Lavender soap which is a great performer but I'm not a massive fan of the base scent which it shares with the Laundry II, also from Grooming Department.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: London Bridge Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64949e1e7561cd6e4045df09

Back
Top Bottom