SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

The stars aligned again this evening for another truly wonderful shave.

Pre - Signature Soaps dragon's blood body soap.
Brush - Yaqi Green Viper 24mm Boar.
Soap - Signature Soaps Wicstun.
Razor & Blade - Muhle Rocca R94 & Wizamet SI (6).
Post - Thayer's Cucumber WH and La Roche-Posay B5 balm.
AS Splash - Signature Soaps Novus Spice.IMG_20230622_201441.jpg

6ECC4EE6-982A-4CE4-9FA1-65B8377B2DC9.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Schick L Twin
Vintage Schick twin blades (13)
OSP Neroli
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

Thirteen and out for these vintage blades. A very smooth and close shave was had, though it felt a little dull at times.
I’ll try a single blade in this razor before using the twin Japanese Schicks I bought recently from Connaught.

Enjoy yours gents.

IMG_2013.jpeg
SOTD: 23/06/2023

Razor: Occam’s Razor
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 4th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Ach Brito Musgo Puck
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Fragrance: PAA Awesome Sauce EdP

I needed a refreshing start to the day after all this muggy weather so decided to dig this old and poorly used soap out. It was just what the doctor ordered! Mixed with the Proraso balm and PAA Awesome Sauce and I’m set for the day!

Friday 23rd June
Triceratops Deluxe 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230620-213541-01.jpg

Fri 23
Soap Shannon's Soap Pineapple Banana
Brush Spiffo Manchurian Badger
Razor Rene Cheron Chatellerault Rattler
Aftershave Stirling MitA Splash
Nice enough lather from the soap. The super nice soft brush is the star today! The splash is best for a hot humid day.
The shave with this razor after another session on the HBA was ok enough but could be better yet...
20230623_111037.jpg

PXL_20230623_091900083~2.jpg
June 23. 2023.

Razor - Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade - Personna Gem
Soap - Eucris - Geo F T.
Brush - Highlander Brushes - Purple haze and black 26mm badger
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Eucris edt + Edp - G.F.T.

Today's shave was nothing short of fantastic, my favourite Gem bladed razor, one of my favourite creams and my new brush from Highlander Brushes.
The brush is reassuringly weighty, it felt great in the hand and it looks fabulous.
A super smooth shave leaving my skin perfectly shaven and after a spray or two of the wonderful Eucris Edp and a few splashes of Eucris Edt I was looking, smelling and feeling great! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy.

Paul.

23 June

TOBS Sandalwood
Simpson Chubby 2
Henson AL13 M
Personna med prep
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

4F024A8D-CED7-40DA-AFBC-FC358CC609F9.jpeg
An excellent, close and comfortable two pass shave this morning. The TOBS cream is now a couple of years old and rather firm in consistency, more like a soft Italian soap than an English cream. It produced mountains of rich lather with the Chubby 2 synth. The Henson is smooth, comfortable and consistent at giving a surprisingly close shave. Fantastic Friday.

23/06/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Mühle R41GS
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
WK 25 (7).jpg
The R41GS certainly looks the part and i am starting to "like" it even the oversized handle. Saying that i still need to be on my game when using it. A fantastic protective lather today and 2 passes have given my a DFS+, nigh-on BBS, i still need to get my technique down with it.
1st pass WTG followed by a XTG on cheeks from ear to nose then ATG on neck to jawline.
No indication from the alum stone and very little from the splash.
Happy with that, (y)
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Sotd-23-06-23.png
Ikon X3 on SS handle - Treet carbon Classic - Simpson Case pure - P&B Spitfire - Vitos Tobacco - Floid balm. Terre d' Hermes.

I managed to use a razor that wasn't made by Karve or Henson - well done me. Nice enough result but the stainless handle made the alu slant head feel horribly clumsy. It'll never catch on. :) - saludos - I.

Back
Top Bottom