SOTD : Saturday 14th May - Friday 20th May 2022.

SOTD 16-May
20220513_142709.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Braizier' Gealousy SHD
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: CG Level 2
Blade: GSB (1)

Good shave this morning, this sandalwood definitely seems to be on the softer side than normal for the B&M, managed to dig out a chunk with the brush this morning. Think I might have to turn this one into a scoop and use otherwise it's going to be liquid by the end.

Despite that still a decent close finish, been favouring the level 2 more when using the CG but think I'll switch it up through its next few rotations.

All smooth and ready for the week to kick off, hope everyone has a good week!

Cheers

Marc

Menthol Monday

GrKuGuu.png

RazoRock SS Hawk V3 / Feather Pro
Vintage Made Rite 24mm Oumo 2-band
Fine Snake Bite Shavie Soap & Aftershave

16/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush Brut
Wk 20 (3).JPG
Great shave that,
The Blade will actually get another run out as it was as smooth as silk today, i am sure it is up to about outing #15o_O. Granted, most shaves have only been 2 passes shaves.
For me the General is the Best "new" SE out there, it may not look as pretty as the Vector, however, the loading is easier and shave it delivers for me is hard to beat.
This razor and brush Combo is up there in my top 3.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
SOTD46.jpg

Soap – A&E The Undersea
Brush – Vie Long synthetic
Razor – Blackbird
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue ) (3)
A/S – A&E The Undersea

I finally got my arse in gear and bought the matching A&E splash. A long overdue acquisition but well worth the wait. It’s milky looking with the feeling of a combined aftershave and balm. Absolutely beautiful and the scent is a true match for the soap.
It’s certain to get a lot more face time in coming months.

Another top drawer affair today. It doesn’t get much better.

Have a great day and enjoy your shaves.

Monday 16th May

Soap • D R Harris Lavender Stick
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102 Slant
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Arctic Kinesia Aftershave

A very smooth removal of four days growth.
The razor was very kindly (and unexpectedly) gifted to me by the very fine gentleman @RussellR5555, and the excellent Spanish Arctic Kinesia Aftershave by @Digimonkey.

I was going to put off my shave until tomorrow, so I could have a birthday shave, but Mrs L complained about my whiskers - being very well trained, I only need telling once !

From last night, a great way to finish last week and to start this one. My shave themed 'The form and function of tables'

20220515_204505.jpg

Picnic table - Ikon B1
Folding table - Polsilver Lodz
Water table - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Alter table - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Dining table - Simple moisturiser

'Quick, run away while the going is good and escape this garbage'

So what is the connection to tables? There isn't one, but shaves need themes. Don't they?

A superlative turn out from a bunch of favourites and another one of those ridiculously close shaves. An expectation from one of the best DE's to enter my shaving world. And a great supporting act from 'Team lather'

I wish you all a great week ahead

I love you all

But not as much as these ladies....

Monday 16th May

Soap • D R Harris Lavender Stick
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102 Slant
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Arctic Kinesia Aftershave

A very smooth removal of four days growth.
The razor was very kindly (and unexpectedly) gifted to me by the very fine gentleman @RussellR5555, and the excellent Spanish Arctic Kinesia Aftershave by @Digimonkey.

I was going to put off my shave until tomorrow, so I could have a birthday shave, but Mrs L complained about my whiskers - being very well trained, I only need telling once !

Thinking about it, how is Russel? I can't recall seeing him too much recently and just hope he is well

32F83C8D-ABC3-4BE9-B95D-F55713A9F210.jpeg
SOTD: 16/05/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

What a difference a handle makes! The Stando Polska Lanca looks great on the Yaqi Excalibur and helped deliver the best shave I’ve had from it yet. Somehow it seemed more manoeuvrable and smoother. Probably all in the mind but a great shave none the less.
Have a great day guys.

Back
Top Bottom