SOTD : Saturday 14th May - Friday 20th May 2022.

And the theme? Well, it may as well be 'A shave called Brian' being as Signature Soaps appear to be very much in vogue at the moment. I didn't even look at the previous SOTD's when I realised 'bloody hell, I ain't special today'

@LeeMaz and @Boycie83 . Snap and snap again

20220514_155506.jpg

A goose called Brian - Stainless Mongoose
Brian the blade - Feather Super Professional
Brian Brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Brian's bloody soap - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Smelly Brian - The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

'Not sure the ASA are going to accept this advert for Signature Soaps'

A day in the garden and a well earned shower and shave was on the menu. What a better way to go than the Mongoose and Wicstun?

These Signature Soaps are pretty much the dogs danglies. I am not quite in to all the scents from Brian, but those I have taken to are stonkingly brilliant. The Wicstun being a top of the tree offering. Plus as Brian knows I do have a Wicstun connection beyond shaving soaps. The Yaqi being a perfect partner in shaving crimes. Bolton's best Brian meets China's cracking (something).

The big Goose? Doesn't need any words outside of a God amongst Geese. And a wonderful razor in to the bargain.

Kind of throw it all together in some sort of facial ritual (a bit like a Satanic ritual minus the goats) and voil ici, una shave, but a pretty bloody good one at that. A big mooning face and ready to face the evening. Which unfortunately involves picking my wife up later (I did that 38 years ago and life remains the same except it is more through being dutiful now) from the depths of Bolton in obscurity. Oh how I will be the smoothest taxi driver in Lancashire.

Hope everyone is well and your weekends going the right direction.

And as Mr Warmsteel pointed out I always finish with some Japanese girls. Did you really think I was going to change a habit of a shaving lifetime? Bizarre.......

Last edited:
Sun 15 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Persona X Series 10th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Clubman VIBR
Very nice soap! Light scent and a super lather...rich and slick!
Excellent shave with this blade paired with the razor. The blade is still crisply smooth and comfortable...no sign of tugging. 3passes without any issues for a dfs+ finish. The aftershaves were good...
20220515_124529.jpg

SOTD : 15th May 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas Boar
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap. (no.3)
Blade: Parker/Personna PTFE SS. (D3)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./4711 Original Cologne-ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap. (no.3) with Lavender & May Chang i haven't added to my shaving soap rotation for a while and forgot how much of a delight it is to shave with.. The zesty citrus scent from the May Chang is a wonderful addition to the Lanolin Soap recipe.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Sunday SotD

Penhaligon's Sartorial - Shaving Soap.
Plisson Joris Palladium - European white Shaving Brush.
Plisson Joris Palladium - Safety Razor.
Penhaligon's Sartorial - After Shave Balm.
Penhaligon's Sartorial - EdT.

43608288lw.jpg

43608289dt.jpg

43608290pn.jpg

43608291hi.jpg

SOTD 15-May
20220513_142559.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: B&M Passiflora
Razor: Blackland Tradere OC
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (3)

Good shave this morning, decent close 3 pass finish, prefer the GSBs or Nacets in this over the 7's but still did the job. Decided to go hell for lather with the manchurian as well. Giving it a little bit of abuse does actual seem to improve it for me, though still not a touch on the SiLVERTiP, to each his own of course.

Overall good shave, hope everyone has a grand Sunday!

Cheers

Marc

DDE23020-3FA9-4DCD-8E90-D5403DA5BADD.jpeg
SOTD: 15/05/2022

Razor: Above The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 7th use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Soap: Signature Capra Insurium Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Continuing the weekend of Signature my first use of @BrianH ‘s Capra base. As @Digimonkey recommended this base is somehow even better than the standard hybrid soap! Lathered incredibly easily and is possibly the thickest base I’ve ever tried! I’ll be honest and when I saw the scents on the tin and opened it, I was worried this scent just wasn’t for me. I’m normally all about citrus scents, with tobacco and wood occasionally making an appearance. It was incredibly strong but mellowed out beautifully when lathered and was just a lovely, lightly refreshing scent wise and more importantly on the face. I have yet another new favourite, my forth Signature Soap and everyone of them has been a hit! This looks like a summer winner for me!
Enjoy the Sunday guys!

Last edited:
15 May

Signature Soaps Leodis
PAA Green Ray
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

FFB257F0-277D-4802-A8F0-C8252795A087.jpeg
A really great Sunday shave, two smooth passes with the Claymore was all it took. It seems, I can’t go wrong with a combination of Signature Soaps and the Claymore. The icing on the cake this morning was the Leodis splash and it’s wonderful scent, a winning combination.

Sotd : 14/05
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Barrister and mann Seville omnibus
Splash: Barrister and mann Seville
Balm: Barrister and mann Seville
Edt: Barrister and mann Seville
Brush: Boti brush 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D plate
Blade gillette nacet 1st use
Bowl: wet the face

Had a wedding to go to last night and had a weeks growth so decided to dig the barrister and mann out also first use of my boti brush and the brush felt really good in the hand and help create a great lather the performance of the soap was top drawer and the karve and nacet is always a winner have a great weekend
20220514_181842.jpg

15/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Soap - Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk 20 (2).JPG
A very close but comfortable 2 pass shave with the Wonderful Dart this morning.
I do not soak this brush as it can get very floppy quickly, so today a quick dip in the hot sink water, a shake and straight into the soap dish to load. It produced plenty of thick, stable Williams lather on the chin for today's 2 Pass shave. As always the Dart commands respect and today was no different, using a very light touch.
Nothing from the Splash even though the shave feels very very close.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

View attachment 88058
SOTD: 15/05/2022

Razor: Above The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 7th use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Soap: Signature Capra Insurium Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Continuing the weekend of Signature my first use of @BrianH ‘s Capra base. As @Digimonkey recommended this base is somehow even better than the standard hybrid soap! Lathered incredibly easily and is possibly the thickest base I’ve ever tried! I’ll be honest and when I saw the scents on the tin and opened it, I was worried this scent just wasn’t for me. I’m normally all about citrus scents, with tobacco and wood occasionally making an appearance. It was incredibly strong but mellowed out beautifully when lathered and was just a lovely, lightly refreshing scent wise and more importantly on the face. I have yet another new favourite, my forth Signature Soap and everyone of them has been a hit! This looks like a summer winner for me!
Enjoy the Sunday guys!
Thank you Lee, so glad you like it. I’ve approval for more fragranced Capra version which I release over next year. Best Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom