SOTD : Saturday 14th May - Friday 20th May 2022.

Monday 16th May

AM-JKLUKvCpeQUrHALIqDu6qXHgEqfhhE2_mbLtk7gZDoa7DUIF5JzOuVEsssai1XWjRVlWUjzFePvvNsQOouj3rlf6Ny-r159KO9f35hxF03bKgheO5AWjbci9D0Db7OaMmC-JmY_0xfIGwYCA24guCrLP5sw=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
3P Shaving Soap
Gan Village Green Horn w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Fusion (Flexball) Limited Edition & Gillette Fusion ProGlide (8)
Brut Splash-On

Some chatter of late about 3P and so I thought I'd make it my soap for the week, along with my home-knotted Gan Village Green handle in faux-horn with a Haryali knot liberated from a wooden handled example which itself got a boar knot. The brush is lovely to hold in the hand and the knot, being post-PurTech has very little spring and even a little scritch. Lovely!

Razor = 1961 Gillette Fat Boy ( 4 )
Blade = 1970’s Scottish Perma Sharp ( 2 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound with a 26mm Hazelet's Apothecary Boar
Soap = Mudder Focker with matching splash
Balm = Homemade
ED198941-0C81-4CFF-A9F7-47A07469B01D.jpeg
Well i feel like i’m saying the same things all the time however again it was a cracking shave.
I know this soap is pretty cheap but i always seem to crave it when i haven’t had in in a while.
The $1.95 for me is superb, i know a lot of guys prefer the slim & don’t get on with this but i have no preference i like the fat boy & the slim equally.
Paired with the vintage blade it’s first class.
Again though the Star of the show has the be the brush.
First use for me & i’ll go as far as to say it’s up there with the best i have performance wise.
What’s the best way to break a boar in, stop being a softie & get it right on the face and it proved to be first class.
I’m off work just now & i feel privileged i can shave everyday ish.
2 years ago my skin just wouldn’t take it but now it’s a dream.
Stay Safe Boys & Girls
Tomorrow won’t come quick enough

Last edited:
To bring me up to date, tonight's shave with the theme 'Testing Tony's theory'

20220516_181622.jpg

The proof is in the pudding - Colonial General V2
Nails, heads and hitting - Feather Super Professional
Boo and tickety - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Show me the money - Signature Soaps Valentia

'I just trumped'

'That is okay. So did I'

And Mr Chin of Tony earlier declared 'The General is the Best "new" SE out there' so drop the idea of a second Ikon outing, grab the V2 and see if there is an agreement.

A rare visit to the Valentia and what have I missed? Quite a bit really and I see this fitting in to my travel bag as a replacement for the recently completed ADP. Nice one.

The V2? Is it really as Tony claims? Well I have said similar before and simply, 'Yes it is'. Small, agile, no fuss and ticks all the right boxes. A super finish in a shorter time than it has taken me to scribble this shite together.

Indeed the man is correct

Over to Tricot to sing this shave out playing Birkenhead September. A big yes from here

SOTD : 17th May 2022.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade : Parker/Personna PTFE SS. (D4)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Blue Stratos ASL./ Nivea Men Replenishing Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Another wonderful performance from the Parker InjRzr.

Everything worked together in my shave set up...The Omega Eucalyptus Shaving cream provided a wonderful slick protective lather which made my early morning shave a pleasurable experience...

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 17-May
20220516_123353.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

Think this might be the first shaving cream I bought when I started all this (not this exact one of course), and I still love the smell as much as I did the first time around. The performance is great and a little goes a fair way.

Excellent 2 pass for a smooth finish, now for a fun day at work.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Tue 17 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Yaqi Knight Helmet Razzo Rocket Handle
Blade Personna X-Series 12th use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Yaqi Malibu Splash
Epic lather from the soap...very nice scent, rich, creamy & slick qualities...
Another excellent shave with this aggressive razor paired with the evergreen blade+shim=not aggressive. The blade is not showing any sign of deterioration. Still crispy smooth and comfortable. 3passes for a dfs+ finish without any issues. The matching aftershave was great!
20220517_092856.jpg

281761971_708741473779343_6470673342934644236_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Figaro Classic
Brush: 24mm Boti Boss
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: GSB (2)

Jumping on the Italian bandwagon with the Figaro. Brilliant performer which is infinitely preferable to Cella IMHO. Akcay's a nice tone-down from the heady Tabac scent, and RSC balm performs above its price point. Running low though, on it so a trip to Savers is on the cards to replenish this and scout out any other shaving bargains they have!

Monday 16th May

Soap • D R Harris Lavender Stick
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102 Slant
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Arctic Kinesia Aftershave

A very smooth removal of four days growth.
The razor was very kindly (and unexpectedly) gifted to me by the very fine gentleman @RussellR5555, and the excellent Spanish Arctic Kinesia Aftershave by @Digimonkey.

I was going to put off my shave until tomorrow, so I could have a birthday shave, but Mrs L complained about my whiskers - being very well trained, I only need telling once !
Hi Paul,
Have a nice Birthday,

Back
Top Bottom