SOTD: Saturday 14 th March to 20Th March 2020

Sun 15th March

The Grosvenor [ 404- mixed ]
Vitos Super Red
Schick "O" Clone
Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 8 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A really nice relaxed Shave this morning. The "O" Clone fitted with a Twin Blade works really well, provided that you do not rush and use quite short deliberate strokes,today I had no problems getting rid of my quite tough beard made very easy with a copious Vitos lather.

IMG_0609.jpg

Hi Paul

I had a few that @Satanfriendly sent me and I really liked those as they for me are one of the few blades I have come across with the ability to be both extremely sharp , but smooth as well (the only other that compare awesome NOS English Wilko's , and some NOS French Nacets).

I was using the few I had very sparingly and really enjoying them, whilst wondering if I should get some from shaving.ie. Then the opportunity came to help a wonderful cause and get some very high quality blades.

So now I have a good supply I can use them more, and I have to say in every one of my Razor's they are outstanding. Just a shame they closed the factory , I have tried the Blue ones that they make in Russia and they are a good blade but nowhere near these.

Blame the Monkey of the Blade as he was the one responsible for getting me in to them.

As you say a lovely balance between sharp and smooth. And again I find the other Polsilvers to be excellent but not quite the same sense of shave happiness.

Here, have some Japanese ladies

Sunday AM 2020-03-15

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (33/52)
Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
Paradigm Titanium II/UFO Titan Fine
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Fine Italian Citrus aftershave
f2KFW82.jpg

IDuk7v0.jpg

Blame the Monkey of the Blade as he was the one responsible for getting me in to them.

As you say a lovely balance between sharp and smooth. And again I find the other Polsilvers to be excellent but not quite the same sense of shave happiness.

Here, have some Japanese ladies

Ha Ha we have all been educated in the ways of Japanese Metal :)

And today I decided to give my shave a theme and the theme was 'Bugger quiting having themed shaves as I am too damn lazy to dream up another format and' why change a bad thing? 'as they say'

IMG_20200315_180347.jpg

A good bad thing - Stainless Colonial General
A bad good thing - Schick Proline
Good. A good thing - Razorock 400
A thing. Good or bad? - Signature Soaps Londinium

So back to what I know. Which isn't much

And my motley crew agree

Same gear as a few pages back and the same brilliant end results.

Have a great week you wonderful bunch and yes, the Japanese ladies are here to stay. Have some Aldious with a very appropriate song

For a band who usually knock out some real heavy material I am always a bit tickled by this one. But they do the pretty thing in a very nice way. Ahhhhhh

And today I decided to give my shave a theme and the theme was 'Bugger quiting having themed shaves as I am too damn lazy to dream up another format and' why change a bad thing? 'as they say'

View attachment 52504

And my motley crew agree

Have a great week you wonderful bunch and yes, the Japanese ladies are here to stay. Have some Aldious with a very appropriate song

For a band who usually knock out some real heavy material I am always a bit tickled by this one. But they do the pretty thing in a very nice way. Ahhhhhh

A belter of a B&W photo, Chris.

dONwStI.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Razor: Merkur Mergress (3.5)
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (13)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Bootleggers El Dorado Aftershave Splash

Very close 3-pass shave. After the ATG pass on my neck, I felt a tad of irritation. Didn't last for long.
As I was cleaning up, I saw that I had inadvertently changed the setting on the Mergress to 3.5 from my ususal 2.5 some time during the shave.
Gotta say it is the closest shave I've had for some time!
Great finish with the Thayers Witch Hazel and Bootlegger's splash.

View attachment 52504

And my motley crew agree
Good of course!!!!

View attachment 52504

And my motley crew agree

A good thing of course!!!!!

Ah the Sunday shave, so much going on in the world, such stress...so yes, a small respite from all of it. Reached for the Karve CB with the A OC plate. Now, I haven't been a fan of Feather Hi Stainless in the past but with a mild setup I favour super sharp blades. My go to blades are the Kai Super Stainless, Gillette Nacet or Polsilver IR in a mild razor. However, I got gifted a tuck of Feather DEs so why not give them a go today.

Soap of the day CBL Black Rose Oud. I have been waiting to give this one a go. The performance of CBL soaps (all of them) is exceptionally good. Premium base, Tonsorial...just give them a go you won't be disappointed. A lovely mild rose scent. Great lather and slickness always awaits with Chris's soaps. Excellent!

A wonderful three pass BBS shave. Topped it off with Thayer's Witch Hazel Rose Petal and Guerlain Habit Rouge. Now it's been a rough and uncertain week for a lot of people. Call those you love and keep them and yours in your prayers. Stay safe and be careful.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: CBL Black Rose Oud
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Pedal
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
2C446274-5606-4C86-B199-5DA85E0A3E53.jpeg

Monday‌ ‌03.16.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0005 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘58 D2 Gold Travel Tech
Gillette‌ ‌Nacet‌ ‌(1)‌ ‌
Frank‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌x‌ ‌53mm‌ ‌Finest‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌ ‌
Fine Italian Citrus Shave Soap in shallow Ball Jar
Cool washcloth rinse

DSCF0011 - Edited.jpg

Mon 16 SOTD
Croap Suezbana Lemon&TeaTree
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade SuperMax Platinum Plus 2
Post & After Shave
Alum + Thayers Lemon + Gatsby Splash
Face lather was very good. Soft brush with backbone. Refreshing scent of lemongrass. Slick too.
Shave with razor and blade a great combo. Safe and reasonably efficient. No issues with blade like in the Single ring previously. Same blade. This time very smooth and sharpish. This shave proved that same blade can be different performance in different razors.
3pass + pickup. WTG, XTG/ATG & ATG. Very satisfied except yesterday's irritated area are slightly made worse. A DFS session with 98% BBS. Rating today 9.5/10
20200316_064852.jpg
20200316_071905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom