PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Gillette Sputnik (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: GFT Eucris

A nice, BBS shave with a Sputnik blade tanks to Digimonkey's generous PIF. The blade was smooth and sharp, giving a three-pass BBS shave. I'll provide another review tomorrow for shave 2, and will add observations of how the week's shaving went next Saturday.

Have a good weekend folks, and stay healthy.

14/3/20

Soap - Tabac
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Treet Classic (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

The first pass was so exceptional I noticed there was very little stubble being removed on the 2nd; I think the Carbon Steel blade loses it's coating and becomes much sharper.

One of the smoothest and most comfortable shaves I've had for a while, really superb.

Have a good Saturday chaps.

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Shavemac The Rowl
Soap: Nuavia nera
Razor: Blackbird OC
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Swiss Pitralon

SOTD-20200314.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

I can see why Merkur have been making the progress for so many years
I agree with your take on the Progress - considered a classic for good reason - it was the first 'proper' razor I bought after using some crap £10 Chinese thing initially - it is still in regular use - for me -very much in the 'if I could only have one razor' category - he shudders at the thought. The Mergress is even better - seen in the post of @TomG earlier today - basically the same thing except the calibration is fine tuned and the stock adjustment knob is replaced by a metal one - it changes the balance and heft for the better - in my opinion - the modifications make a great razor even better. I was lucky enough to pick one up - they are not that common - if you want a lend of it - to see what you think - get in touch. Cheers - I.

And last night brought with it a shave with no theme

IMG_20200313_193637.jpg

Stainless Colonial General
Kai Captain
RazoRock 400
Signature soaps Londinium

I am really in different frames of mind here. Do I continue with my themed shaves, or do I try to find another more original concept, or do I try to be normal?

Mmmmmm. Thinking thinking thinking

'Oh don't think too much. I love you just the way you are'

Ah well while I think have some pretty Japanese metal girlies . Some things will never change. And have a great weekend while at it.

And last night brought with it a shave with no theme

View attachment 52458

Stainless Colonial General
Kai Captain
RazoRock 400
Signature soaps Londinium

I am really in different frames of mind here. Do I continue with my themed shaves, or do I try to find another more original concept, or do I try to be normal?

Mmmmmm. Thinking thinking thinking

'Oh don't think too much. I love you just the way you are'

Ah well while I think have some pretty Japanese metal girlies . Some things will never change. And have a great weekend while at it.

You must never deprive us of the Japanese metal ladies!

Back
Top Bottom