SOTD: Saturday 14 th March to 20Th March 2020

Date:- 15 March 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Beaudelaire (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

15 March

Martin de Candre Original
Plisson size 12 synthetic
Rex Ambassador
Feather Hi-stainless
Nivea 2 Phase asl
Chanel Bleu

View attachment 52466
Very Nice, I have not used a DE Razor for a year, but as a Progress/Futur user really could be tempted by the Ambassador- it looks fantastic and all reports on performance are very positive .

Last edited:
View attachment 52475

Sunday Shave of the day.

Prep - Rose & White Musk soap made by @Digimonkey
Razor - Feather AS-D1
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - Klar Kabinett
Brush - Alpha Outwaw V1 Ti with Rhodium silvertip knot
Post - Thayers astringent
Frag - Panama 1924 - Boellis

A wonderfully mild and smooth shave that left my skin as smooth as smooth can be. A much underrated razor strangely but I love it. :) P.

Have a great Sunday chaps............P
I really must try mine. Quite a few years ago I bought one at the same time as a second generation Ikon open comb. I liked the Ikon and never used the Feather. It's still in the box....I just used the included feather blades. At the time I seemed to gravitate towards more aggressive razors but I appreciate milder shavers now.

I really must try mine. Quite a few years ago I bought one at the same time as a second generation Ikon open comb. I liked the Ikon and never used the Feather. It's still in the box....I just used the included feather blades. At the time I seemed to gravitate towards more aggressive razors but I appreciate milder shavers now.
It's certainly worth a try, I've found that mild razors are what I was looking for all along,
Paired with a blade like a Feather or a Souplex work's perfectly for me.
:) P.

Sunday

Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
ER 1914
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

Nice to use the 1914 again. Although designed for the wedge shaped Corrux blades, modern Gems do just fine; even with the wee cut-outs at their side.

So, a nice finish. Maybe the blade is now on its way out (I'm terrible at counting the number of times I've used them; especially as I alternate between SE and DE on a whim; no plan or strategic approach, whatsoever).

The Spitfire is a tremendous soap. Its scent reminds me of oil or fuel and it performs admirably; together with the Tabac, which compliments it nicely.

2D6CB6CA-6D4F-43E0-B3DD-8A0B51B7FE75.jpeg

Sunday, 15 March 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Gillette Sputnik (2)

Post Shave: Alum
Fragrance: Floris 89

A nice, three-pass BBS shave.

Have a good week folks, and stay healthy.

Sun 15 SOTD
Soap TFS Tabacum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Gillette Super Nacet 3rd
Post & aftershave
Alum + Thayers Lemon + Cavendish
Good thick and slick lather.
Shave with slant and blade initially very nice for wtg then xtg but as always trouble during atg. A few weepers...
Other than that...really close shave. Total 3 pass + a pickup.
DFS result with rating of 8.5/10
20200315_105033.jpg
20200315_112233.jpg

Hi Russ, how do you like the Lodz Polsilver blades? :) Paul.
Hi Paul

I had a few that @Satanfriendly sent me and I really liked those as they for me are one of the few blades I have come across with the ability to be both extremely sharp , but smooth as well (the only other that compare awesome NOS English Wilko's , and some NOS French Nacets).

I was using the few I had very sparingly and really enjoying them, whilst wondering if I should get some from shaving.ie. Then the opportunity came to help a wonderful cause and get some very high quality blades.

So now I have a good supply I can use them more, and I have to say in every one of my Razor's they are outstanding. Just a shame they closed the factory , I have tried the Blue ones that they make in Russia and they are a good blade but nowhere near these.

Back
Top Bottom