The shave themed ':ROFLMAO:'

IMG_20210318_193935.jpg

:ROFLMAO: - Stainless Colonial General V2
:ROFLMAO: - Kai Captain
:ROFLMAO: - Wee whisky barrel
:ROFLMAO: - Penhaligon's Bayolea
:ROFLMAO: - Laboratory perfumes Gorse

'And you think you are so bloody funny don't you? You stupid old man'

And finally an end to the hilarities of this week's SOTD photos and a not so hilarious shave to finish on. Glad to see a return to the Kai Captain in the V2 and a super smooth operator on a few days growth. Shiny happy people results and a shiny happy Satan to see the week out. All to be finished with the new scent and an absolute blinder note to finish on. A scent which says 'Bring on the Summer'

Have a wonderful weekend you shaving people.

And I will end on one of the early Japanese girly bands Shonen knife and a jolly happy song to finish on

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IMG_20210319_100904s.jpeg

A while back, I was looking through my IG feed and saw a very attractive looking razor in a post from IG user peterpaphoto. He kindly told me that it was a Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353, which is “a mild razor with a stainless steel handle.” I’d not heard of Giesen & Forsthoff’s before, although they are apparently a long established German company.

Obviously I had to buy one.

Easier said than done, as none of the UK shave shops stocked it, nor did Amazon. However I found it on eBay from the MontBleu store in the Czech Republic. It was about £40 and took four weeks to arrive.

It has a cast head and 80mm solid stainless steel handle. The head reminds me of a DE89 but it shaves much, much better in my opinion. The knurling is excellent. Despite being a small to medium razor, it’s well built, feels solid, weighing in at 101gm but still possessing agility. The flared portion of the handle below the base plate lets you “choke up” for fine strokes.

It’s marketed as a “Gentle Shaver” and it was. I paired it with a Feather on it’s second use, and had a fantastic shave. It was as comfortable as the AS-D2 but working at the more usual 30 degree angle. It has a wider blade gap and is therefore more efficient. There was a touch of blade feel but just enough to let you know you were on the angle. The gaps in the base plate make for easy rinsing. Three passes and I was BBS.

Also new this shave was Bart’s Lime Balm - which is also superb.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Trumper’s Lime
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm & Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

View attachment 66649

A while back, I was looking through my IG feed and saw a very attractive looking razor in a post from IG user peterpaphoto. He kindly told me that it was a Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353, which is “a mild razor with a stainless steel handle.” I’d not heard of Giesen & Forsthoff’s before, although they are apparently a long established German company.

Obviously I had to buy one.

Easier said than done, as none of the UK shave shops stocked it, nor did Amazon. However I found it on eBay from the MontBleu store in the Czech Republic. It was about £40 and took four weeks to arrive.

It has a cast head and 80mm solid stainless steel handle. The head reminds me of a DE89 but it shaves much, much better in my opinion. The knurling is excellent. Despite being a small to medium razor, it’s well built, feels solid, weighing in at 101gm but still possessing agility. The flared portion of the handle below the base plate lets you “choke up” for fine strokes.

It’s marketed as a “Gentle Shaver” and it was. I paired it with a Feather on it’s second use, and had a fantastic shave. It was as comfortable as the AS-D2 but working at the more usual 30 degree angle. It has a wider blade gap and is therefore more efficient. There was a touch of blade feel but just enough to let you know you were on the angle. The gaps in the base plate make for easy rinsing. Three passes and I was BBS.

Also new this shave was Bart’s Lime Balm - which is also superb.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Trumper’s Lime
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm & Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

The Timors are so overlooked. I have one which although very mild is perfect those days when my skin doesn't feel like taking a full on efficient razor.

Pre: Shower
Brush: Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap: Signature Soap Leodis
Razor: PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci
Aftershave: Brut Original

Wk11 (27).JPG
Its just too easy.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
162909796_504075483921599_387451797277613051_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Executive Shaving Co Bay Rum Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker R22 Interceptor
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Post: Alum, Pinaud Clubman Vanilla ASL (from Newbie Box), Real Shaving Co Balm

Sometimes you just know it's going to be a good shave. The Executive Shaving cream is a dream to use, and the hardware backbone inspires confidence. Two-pass blast around, and the Clubman Vanilla was a lovely ending - far superior in my opinion to the Bay Rum from the same source.

Have an awesome weekend, unless - in the same vein as last weekend - your name appears on this graphic: France.jpg

In which case I wish you a sleepless night tonight, and butter fingers tomorrow :p More of the same bois os gwelwch yn dda, a pob lwc i chi gyd!

celebrate grand slam GIF by Guinness Six Nations

Last edited:
Friday 19th March

Semogue Torga -C5 Mistura - Signature Soaps Britania - Focus R28 Slim Al - Alcolado Glacial

Post Nights shave....brought forward by my next door neighbour deciding to cut his lawn for the first time this year. As a result I am a 'grumpy old bugger'.
The usual Signature Soaps performance....although I will confess that Britania is not my preferred scent. I am a little on the fence due to the Aniseed.

2 passes and a touchup for a 'Face Feeler'

I'm finding the lather to perform in the same category as Tabac, but the Speick stick has a more pleasing scent to my nose but the stick is very hard, I like the larger surface area and slightly softer nature of the Tabac stick.

Both are deserved classics.
I'm finding the lather to perform in the same category as Tabac, but the Speick stick has a more pleasing scent to my nose but the stick is very hard, I like the larger surface area and slightly softer nature of the Tabac stick.

Both are deserved classics.
Before buying the Speick stick, my favourite stick by quite a comfortable margin, was Sir Irisch Moos, which was made by Tabac. Having sampled Tabac, I can say that it’s the same base formula. However I’m very much in the Tabac out camp, GTFO, actually.
I do agree that the wider stick format works so much better.

I’ve found that dipping the end of a soap stick in a small about of hot water for a minute or so really helps to soften it, kinda like blooming a puck. This is really not necessary though when using a synthetic brush, as they particularly excel with shave sticks.

I’ve found that dipping the end of a soap stick in a small about of hot water for a minute or so really helps to soften it, kinda like blooming a puck. This is really not necessary though when using a synthetic brush, as they particularly excel with shave sticks.
Yes, I do that as well when I can remember to do so! Works well to soften the end of the shaving stick a bit.

It's a shame there are so few shaving sticks around at the best of times, it's my favourite format of soap. I much prefer a shaving stick than loading from a tub or a hard puck of soap.

:ROFLMAO: love that!

Ha ha, yeah I missed that. Tabac really seems to invoke some extreme reactions.

The only shaving soap's scent I have found truly repulsive is the Body Shop Maca Root cream which smelt like rotting vegetable matter you find at the back of your fridge after going on holiday for 2 weeks and being a sadist you bring up to your nose to smell it to try to work out what is but you are none the wiser.

Maca Root smells like that.

But worse.

Ha ha, yeah I missed that. Tabac really seems to invoke some extreme reactions.

The only shaving soap's scent I have found truly repulsive is the Body Shop Maca Root cream which smelt like rotting vegetable matter you find at the back of your fridge after going on holiday for 2 weeks and being a sadist you bring up to your nose to smell it to try to work out what is but you are none the wiser.

Maca Root smells like that.

But worse.
I recently did acquire Body shop maca root cream... To me it's not that bad haha!

Then again, I'm a guy who drinks water mixed with maca root (much more terrible smelling than the soap already), spirulina, chlorella, moringa and wheatgrass.... what all mixed together smells like disgusting swamp water... and tastes too :D

I recently did acquire Body shop maca root cream... To me it's not that bad haha!

Then again, I'm a guy who drinks water mixed with maca root (much more terrible smelling than the soap already), spirulina, chlorella, moringa and wheatgrass.... what all mixed together smells like disgusting swamp water... and tastes too :D
I quite like the Macca root scent too just a faint floral to my nose

Friday 19th March

Semogue Torga -C5 Mistura - Signature Soaps Britania - Focus R28 Slim Al - Alcolado Glacial

Post Nights shave....brought forward by my next door neighbour deciding to cut his lawn for the first time this year. As a result I am a 'grumpy old bugger'.
The usual Signature Soaps performance....although I will confess that Britania is not my preferred scent. I am a little on the fence due to the Aniseed.

2 passes and a touchup for a 'Face Feeler'
Thank you . You’ll have a fragrance ally with @Satanfriendly

Back
Top Bottom