SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

Fri 19th March

Jayaruh Syn No67
MWF
ER Streamline
Gem S/S ( 4 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Started my 3rd replacement puck of soap today. The MWF posed no problems even in the chalky water of Kent, an abundant working lather being produced with ease. For me the MWF is a good soap to use during a Shave, and the skin feels refreshed afterwards. May try another Razor after this one as I do not want to long a rotation with the Vintage/ SEs.

CF391F71-B75F-4092-8E6D-7724110C3BBB.jpeg

Ha ha, yeah I missed that. Tabac really seems to invoke some extreme reactions.

The only shaving soap's scent I have found truly repulsive is the Body Shop Maca Root cream which smelt like rotting vegetable matter you find at the back of your fridge after going on holiday for 2 weeks and being a sadist you bring up to your nose to smell it to try to work out what is but you are none the wiser.

Maca Root smells like that.

But worse.
You piqued my interest with the word sadist! I’ve not used the Maca Root, but i love the scent of the old body shop formula shaving cream. It smells similar to Salter‘s Indian Sandalwood scent, but less cologne. I love it, partly because it was the first shaving cream that I used in my teens. I’ve got 1 tube left that I use very occasionally. Think I’ll use it for my next shave.

IMG_20210319_170852_946.jpg

View attachment 88100

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: 345 Soap White Buffalo
Brush: Phoenix Shaving Atomic Rocket Razor: Raw RS-10
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (1)
A/S: Nivea Men Deep Comfort

First use of the Raw Shaving RS-10 razor. Thank you to Phil for letting me try it. This razor gets a lot of love from those that have it and some say its the smoothest razor they've ever used. Time to find out if it's true then...

The 345 soap is a fairly new US artisan and if this base is anything to go by, they are definetley one to watch. The smell of this soap is just great. A beautiful balance of scents that wafted throughout the bathroom as I shaved. I think it's made it's way into my top 5 scents. Great performance too with plenty of soothing skin foods in the ingredients list to make the post shave feel very good too.
PAA brushes are fantastic value and perform way above their price point and the Atomic Rocket whipped up the lather in the bowl with no trouble.

Now onto the razor...

This is a beautifully made and well crafted piece of shaving luxury. The packaging alone is sublime and very luxurious. Personally, I like that sort of thing, although some might say the fancy box won't give you a decent shave! You get 2 plates with the RS-10, a mild and an aggressive. The weight and balance in the hand is just right. As this razor is now unobtanium, the price point for those looking to acquire one just now is eye watering.

I loaded a brand new Gillette 7 o'clock onto the aggressive plate and off we go. First few strokes feel great and 5 days of growth is effortlessly melted away. This is one smooth razor. Second pass feels even better with the aggressive plate. Buttery smooth and an absolute pleasure. Third pass against the growth with the mild plate. Wow! This is going to knock the Rockwell 6S off my top spot if it continues to feel this good. 3 passes and minimal pickups and my face is like a skating rink.

Post shave feel from the 345 soap was really good. The Nivea splash smelks like something I've used before but I cant think what it is; like a strong cologne with a vanilla type base, very nice, although it only hangs around for an hour or so.

As I was cleaning out my gear reflecting on this shave I started to think to my myself, have I just had the "perfect" shave? I reckon its the closest I have come to it in over five and a half years of shaving this way. Everything just clicked and worked perfectly. So...is the Raw Shaving RS-10 the smoothest razor I've ever used...?

Yes.

Friday AM 2021-03-19
San Juan Capistrano Swallows Day
rpl75A6.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Valobra Menthol soft shaving soap + a few drops of Floris Ormonde (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (1)
Caldey Abbey aftershave

The Valobra's menthol effect is light, which I like, but even just a touch of the Ormonde is too dense and 'old perfumey' for me, so it's getting tossed.
0mikehI.jpg

Friday 19th March

• Noble Otter Monarch
• Zenith Synthetic
• Razorock Hawk V3-A
• Kai Protouch MG (5)
• Pre De Provence No63 Balm
• Endymion Cologne

A nice way to finish the working week
The Protouch MG blade is so smooth I don't detect any blade feel, but it delivers a very good shave. Five shaves in it's still doing the business, - if I get another 4-5 from it I won't be disappointed.
Its a shame they're so expensive, around £15 for 15 blades double the price of Prolines.

Friday 19th March

ACtC-3dIB4hVOKxkqiKe0mbNr79YhVsI3hZ4pJ79sZdFhvYln5l-tNltFyA5eNJ4soGuI-j4Qe2FTxhIh-KFsCyL7ZBcgxB4trU8fKMAUjzg_9D8QVaeWpATQGueb7DsOuI_crxDme99L7cAsjhhCUzS4twB2g=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Shibden Woods Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R95
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1)
Cuba Aftershave

Subtley sharper and subtly more smooth than the Gillette 7 O'Clock PermaSharp Stainless that I've just been shaving with but it took most of the shave for the smoothness to come through ... from the off, it was probably neither but a good few strops on the face brought out the blade it should be. The shave was very much like I've been enjoying recently from the Super Platinums in the SuperMax house - in many respects, much like the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum just not from the off. I'm expecting a really fly shave from it tomorrow ...

Odd product, that Cuba aftershave! It is aftershave, rather than a cologne but it has a spray head. I tend to use it to compliment using Witch Hazel as aftershave, which I did tonight. Massage in the Witch Hazel, spray on the Cuba - it's minty, so nicely refreshing then the tobacco, vanilla and woods come through.

The 12" underneath? Turkey Bones & the Wild Dogs 'Purple Noise Sandwich'.

Before harbour towage where I am now I was oil and gas for 25 years. Then out when it all went downhill. Worked worldwide but very happy being in my own back garden here in Liverpool now.

If I'd known about this game years ago I would have left O&G years back.
I was oil and gas too for about 30 years, not doing anything now☹️

Back
Top Bottom