SOTD : Saturday 13th February to Friday 19th February 2021

Sunday 14th February
Anbbas Tux - OSP Tallow Cream - Canadian Schick E3 - Schick Proline B #7 - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
5QvozP6.jpg

If you look at the lid. That is what I smeared into my warmed Giles scuttle. I easily built a lather I was happy with by gradually adding water. It was super creamy and glossy. More than enough for my 3 passes. Glide and slickness were top notch and the finish from the E3 was much appreciated.
I really like the scent. But it is puzzling me what it is that accompanies the vanilla. Whatever it is, the spiciness of my bay rum complimented it perfectly.

Last edited:
14/2/21

Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached 24mm/56mm)
Soap - OSP Tallow Cream Sample
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Stainless (3)
Post - Denim

3rd use with the OSP Cream today, the last two times I used two different synths (a Tuxedo and a Plissoft) and I found it definitely required more product to getting going with the boar than with the synth and the lather was easily better with the synths than with the boar, but the lather was still a very good one. I'm loving the slickness of the lather, and the post shave feel, the scent profile isn't one that I am massively enthusiastic about so far.

3rd shave with the Lancet Super Stainless, a very smooth and efficient blade in the FBT and produced very smooth and comfortable results, especially under the chin. Second blade from Lancet I've tried and I'm very impressed with their range.

Also, it's Paul's @Blademonkey birthday today, so a very happy one to him!

14 February

P&B Iceni
Mühle Rocca
Mühle Rocca R96
Gillette Silver Blue
Proraso white asb
Chanel Bleu

CAE758AD-F58B-4911-8045-24EC336D59BE.jpeg

A very pleasant two pass shave with my Mühle Rocca set. This razor has a somewhat blade forward feel like the Buckland Blackbird I was using yesterday. When I first got the Rocca I struggled with it, every shave I got a cut or a nick, or two. I was going to move it on, but now it gives me a good shave (almost) every time. Practice.

Back
Top Bottom