SOTD : Saturday 13th February to Friday 19th February 2021

Mon 15th Very Good SE SOTD!
Soap
Ach Brito Mogno 1st Use of New Soap (y)(y)(y)
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 12th use(y)(y)(y)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Awesome shave today!
Was it the super slick and very pleasant scented new soap?
Was it because I strop the well-used blade on a chrome-oxide laced linen strop copying a fellow forum member??
Perhaps a combination of all factors?
Regardless, today's shave was so smooth and so comfortable for 3passes even for the troublesome atg pass on chin and lips using this GEM without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves...Marvelous shave session.
20210214_232442.jpg
20210215_081135.jpg

View attachment 64821

Sotd - 15/02/21

prep - facial scrub
razor - Streamline
blade - Gem (?5)
soap - OSP sample
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
post - witch hazel
a/s - nante
balm - nante
scent - Dior Sauvage - edp.

Enjoy yours - one and all - I.

ps. lathered in a cat food bowl. Touch of class I like to think.
A stainless steel cat bowl no less, a touch of class indeed! :)

Paul.

How you getting on with the Hawk now, after a week or so?

Hi Chris

I'm very pleased with the razor overall
It's inventiveness in use was apparent from the get go. The no fuss angle is something I have taken to - I find some angle variation is required on the chin and to reach those pesky whiskers under the nostrils.
For me, there is no fear factor with the standard plate, and I have managed to source an A plate from a forum member that will be with me very soon. Maybe the more aggressive plate will come with a learning curve, and possibly a degree of extra care?
So far I've tried three different blades in the Hawk, and the Proline is the best yet.

Hi Chris

I'm very pleased with the razor overall
It's inventiveness in use was apparent from the get go. The no fuss angle is something I have taken to - I find some angle variation is required on the chin and to reach those pesky whiskers under the nostrils.
For me, there is no fear factor with the standard plate, and I have managed to source an A plate from a forum member that will be with me very soon. Maybe the more aggressive plate will come with a learning curve, and possibly a degree of extra care?
So far I've tried three different blades in the Hawk, and the Proline is the best yet.

Good to hear

I knew you had good taste!

Super pro all the way here

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Striling Hipster sample
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)

Lovely shave all round. The Parker really suits me, the Hipster's scent has grown on me hugely, and the Nacet was a pleasure to try. Have a great week (y)150057271_170508841293299_1632003483911962918_n.jpg

MONDAY ‌02/15/21 SOTD
WCS Two-Tone Tall 26mm Synth
B&M Lavanille Shaving Soap
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean AS

Ur3uYlv.jpg

And on the 14th February I present you the shave with the theme 'St Valentine's day massacre'

View attachment 64805

Razor - Occams Enoch
Blade - Kai Titan Mild
Brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Scent - Czech and Speake No.88

A very flowery rose based shave and very apt to the day. Oh how I could wish my wife could have given me a bunch of roses to say 'I love you', but no, I got a fucking mop and bucket. And I ain't shitting you.

View attachment 64808

A top drawer soap with a top drawer brush and a top drawer razor as a way to an absolutely blindingly brilliant shave. This Enoch grows on you.

Superbly clean shaven and with the cleanest floors in the street. A truly massacred St Valentine's day
Have a lovely week ahead everyone and may everyone, friends, families and whoever else be healthy and well.

And I want you all to be my Valentine because I love every one of you. Have some Japanese girlies as a token gesture of my love.

Interesting. Can you let us know if the mop works best with a soap or cream?

Back
Top Bottom