SOTD : Saturday 13th February to Friday 19th February 2021

SOTD 13/02/21

Pre-shave:
Warm face flannel - a few drops of Natura Emporium Pre-Shave Oil - warm face flannel
Soap: Tabula Rasa Steampunk.
Brush: Shavemac 'The Flat Top' Silvertip.
Bowl: Turkish copper.
Razor: H&S N075 Black-Coated.
Blade: Personna (Reds) (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, Musgo Real No.1 Orange Amber Cologne and Tabula Rasa Steampunk Aftershave Gel.

H&S (2).jpg

A lovley, relaxed, late Saturday afternoon shave. The Haircut and Shave Razor arrived on Tuesday this week - my first 4 shaves were with a Gillette London Bridge blade - mixed results some excellent shaves, but a few with irratated skin - how much the cold and snow played a factor in the irratation I don't know.

The H&S is solid, well built, feels great in the hand. When the angle is at the sweet spot very smooth and efficient - a joy to shave with. For me in's on a par with shaving with the Rockwell - slightly more edgier - but the results are worth it. A little like the Feather AS-D2 in that a degree of focus is required to maintain the sweet spot. Early days, my first impression is that this razor will sing with sharper blades.

The pre-shave felt luxurious - the Natura Emporium Pre-Shave Oil smelled divine, and felt amazing as it soacked into the skin - its very cold and the air is today - so I decided to spend more time on prep - making sure the skin well moisturised before and througout the shave.

The Steampunk soap never fails to impress - good lather - scent - skin feels amazing post shave - the Musgo Amber Cologne finished off the shave nicely. I kept to a 2 pass shave - wth a DFS+/BBS- finish with no issues to report.

SWMBO went off to work in a snow storm on Wednesday, ill prepared for the journey. I got a dirty look (not a good one) when I made inquiries about the availability of a snow shovel. Not wishing a ban from the forum, I won't reveal her reply.

I have a friend who maintains that you have to poke the fire every now and then to keep the spark alive in your relationship (his code for being cheeky/annoyng the missus) - taking a leaf from his book I have ordered a YOUNGDO Camping Shovel, Military Folding Survival Shovel, Entrenching Tool - hopefully the perfect valentines gift :)

All the best, take care, stay safe and sane,

Chris

Last edited:
Saturday AM 2021-02-13
7iu8tYS.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/Triad Aristocrat Black
Wilkinson London Bridge (19)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave

VNHUGhM.jpg

Saturday 13th February

ACtC-3eVEB1DDZsXJE_0wW1iewsZu5SViNti8VN0pVJ3DqJBbztzZHkgi1pt9Ev3YM50zcaW3XwD1YBv7O7kLtWJ93OM8SrEJ-6kTCtGUDkPcuAPdAz_Z1gFHWebO5gcUMmfisWhWeyZPGhISOMGuggf3vzsnw=w1200

L'Oreal Men Extra Pure Charcoal Face Wash
Wickham 1912 Gothic Revival Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
RazoRock German Slant
SuperMax Super Stainless (3)
Wickham Gothic Revival Aftershave Cologne

Three consistent and wholly acceptable shaves from this SuperMax Super Stainless in the green packaging, which is the current global market offering and I am pretty certain that it is the same blade as the blue packaged legacy V(idyut) Super Stainless.

Much enjoyed and a provisional 8/10 as per the other named blade. I say provisional as I've only tried one blade and will be able to firm that up with more shaves in the future from the rest of the blades in the tuck, which is something that I am sure I will do. This score nestles it in amongst such peers as the Shark or ASCO Super Stainless and the Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (Indian), a tick above Gillette London Bridge, a couple of ticks above Rapira or Ladas Stainless and a mere tick below the likes of the Lord Classic or the current SuperMax Super Platinums (under their various names).

My kinda shave! Much enjoyed ...

Sun 14th SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor GC.84 SB
Blade Tatra Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Really good lather from the soap. Thickly creamy and slick. Love the scent! I thought it's just leather but now definitely can smell the smokiness of tobacco...because my wife says so...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good! Really smooth and comfortable especially during the atg pass on the chin and lips area. 3passes for a very close result without any issues.
20210213_234016.jpg
20210214_061642.jpg

SOTD : 14th February 2021.

46.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic. (2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

All of the Wilkinson Sword products worked well together....My personal method of using with the soap bowl, is to bloom the surface in tepid water for a few minutes, then rub the puck directly in to my stubble like a shave stick, rather than load it into the brush i find it creates a much better lather when face lathering.

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sunday, 14 February

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3.5, 3.5, 3)
Blade Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

A “take my time” shave for a great result. Have a good remainder of the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom