SOTD: Saturday 13 January - Friday 19 January 2024.

Thur 18th January

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
Schick J3 - Hydromagic 500
Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion
This was a nice addition to my collection of Injectors as my original Golden 500 had a wobbly head. Got this Hydromagic 500 in nice condition which delivers a decent Shave.

IMG_0914.jpeg

20240117_195221-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Hot shower with Signature soaps shower scrub, then Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi synthetic.
Soap Proraso cool.
Razors PearlBlaze & Gillette Raz=r
Blade Super Shave X
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Proraso cool aftershave.
Balm Proraso cool moisturiser.

I went full on Proraso today as I looked at all my gear and thought well it's been ages why not break it all out and use it.
The Yaqi brush I didn't realise I even owned so definitely been an age since that got a turn in my rotation.

As usual all the Proraso stuff performed perfectly and still amazing for the price point but it's not a Trumpers cream or a MWF and it shows but it's half the cost. That being said I am happy to pay more money for better because of the sheer pleasure I get out of using them.
The brush provided a great lather so no complaints from me.
I have to say the star of the show was the Super Shave X blade, I usually throw a blade away after 3 uses but it's still shaving as well as the first so I have decided to pop it into another razor and see if it can deliver 3 more.
That's all folks from me and have a cracking day ahead.

Thursday

Face- Merkur 34G + Treet Platinum
Head- Leaf + Gillette Platinum
Simpson Colonel
Lea Menthol Shaving Cream
Lea After Shave Balm

IMG_9609.jpeg

A shave of firsts.First time using the Lea shaving cream/balm and treet blade and all performed superb,nice creamy slick lather and a really sharp and smooth blade.

Last edited:
Thursday 18th January
Ever Ready Natural Angle HFT - GEM Stainless #2 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Bay Rum prototype - BigBoar's No4 Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017232-01.jpg

• 3one6
  • Personna Platinum
  • Omega 10066
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street Almond cream
  • Bull Dog Original moisturiser
A return to TOBS for the first time in almost 10 years. I have a distant memory of the cream drying quickly on the chops; however, this almond cream was a delight to use. Bloody love almond creams. Bizarrely I have never used Cella which seems to be one of the cheaper and more popular creams.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom