Monday's Shave

• Pre: Argan Oil Soap
  • Brush: Shavemac 24mm Synbad
  • Razor: Ribbon 1000 Japanese Straight
  • Splash: Quorum
  • Balm: Bart's Unscented
  • Scent: 401 E Amatrice
20200914_091723 (1) 2.jpg

So today it was the Turn of PAA CAD same great performance and a very nice American style Barbershop Scent, I prefer the European style Gondolier but that is pure personal preference , both are very enjoyable.

1. Harvest Moon
2. Astra Planeta
3. Gondolier
4. CAD
5. Solstice
6. John Frum CK6

Monday‌ ‌09.14.20 ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0007.jpg

Gillette '40s Brit Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech #77 Set
NOS Gillette Red Thin Blade
Simpsons‌ ‌Commodore‌ ‌X3‌ ‌Best‌ ‌Badger‌
Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver in a vintage mug
Fine Accoutrements ‌Fresh‌ ‌Vetiver‌ ‌aftershave‌

DSCF0014.jpg

14/09/20
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade: Andrew @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, Shower, TC's Bay Rum #1
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Neroli
Wk38 (3) Mon.JPG
A very nice shave today, a wonderful lather with one of my favourite soaps mixed in the Bideford Pottery bowl with the Duke 3.
I completed my 2 pass routine without issue leaving me very smooth, DFS++.
A nice post shave routine starting with nothing from the block and finishing with the OSP splash.
Feeling and smelling good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Sunday AM 2020-09-13
t7ZAnkI.jpg

You gotta just love the humour in these pogo cartoon strips!:ROFLMAO:(y)

14/9/20

Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Astra SP (5)
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I generally shave every day, but for today's shave I had around 48 hours worth of growth and the Flat Bottom Tech/Astra SP mowed it down without the slightest bit of trouble, but it did take a little time to get the right angle dialled for the 2nd pass. A very close and comfortable shave for 2.5 passes and my face feels great.

Have a good start to the week gents.

Sotd-14-09-20.jpg

Razor - Alu Karve - D plate
blade - Nacet (7)
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon
brush - Chubby 1 best
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL - apricot
balm - none
scent - Hermes - Eau D'Orange Verte - edt.

All good - the picture has nothing to do with my shave today. Yours - I.

@RussellR5555 - CaD - only number four in the hit parade? - harsh - say it ain't so. :) Incidentally - what's the difference between American and European barbershop fragrance? I would agree about Harvest Moon though.

Second of four Cyril R Salter R Salter creams I'm trying during the week: this afternoon it was ‘Fresh Mint'...
I was interested to see how it compared with TOBS Peppermint. I found the TOBS was significantly more ‘minty'. ..the CRS mint scent was merely a rumour by comparison, however, I did occasionally get a scent that was reminiscent of Denali. No where near Denali's potency but it definitely brought it to mind now and then, which can only be a good thing!

Using the Phoenix AA Starcraft again, the cream lathered well and very quickly….better than the Rose cream I tried yesterday, and it was equally good in terms of performance.

I used the same EJDE89 as yesterday, with the Razorock Titanium handle, but today I used a ‘Rapira Lux' blade. There was definitely a little more blade feel that the Derby Extra, but still a really comfortable non-aggressive shave. Two and a bit passes and a dab of Aqua Velva and all was well with the world!

Here's a piccy:

DSC_1233.JPG

Have a good evening all;)(y)

Back
Top Bottom