15/9/20

Soap - Arko Puck
Brush - Omega 10075 (23mm/48mm)
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Astra SP (6)
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm - Nivea Cool Kick
AS - Brut Oceans

I'd not used my Omega 10075 for a while, the loft is a little shorter than I usually like, I find a few extra mm's of my usual 23mm/55mm boars makes quite a difference for the ease of building a lather and the Omega 10075 feels a little small for it's handle as well, but it's a good brush for occasional use; easily the boar I've owned which sheds the least too.
Picked up a little weeper under the lip today, had to close it up with the alum but a good shave otherwise.

Enjoy the sunshine gents, could be one of the last days of summer...

Tuesday's Shave

• Pre: Argan Oil Soap
  • Brush: Wild West 24mm Cashmere
  • Razor: ERN Ator 13/16 Straight
  • Soap: PAA Dapper Doc
  • Splash: Skin Bracer
  • Balm: Bart's Unscented
  • Scent: X-Bolt
20200915_092601 2.jpg

So today it was the Turn of PAA Dapper Docs same great performance and a nice scent a little sweet for my taste , but still a soap I would be more than happy to use.

1. Harvest Moon
2. Astra Planeta
3. Gondolier
4. CAD
5. Dapper Docs
6. Solstice
7. John Frum CK6

Quote Reply

Tabac Tuesday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Traditional Shave co badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Personna Red (5)
Post - Moisturiser

I can't believe I've put off buying Tabac for near on ten years. This stuff is amazing. It loads easily and builds a fantastic lather. Of course, you already knew that. Today was a nice two and half pass shave, leaving a fresh feeling smooth face.

IMG_8063.jpg

3A57A203-230F-4902-9515-FC14DDCE2AE3.jpeg

Gillette Slim Adjustable (3)
Łódź Polsilver (1)
AP Shaveco 26mm Synbad
Vie Long stick

I've been on the lookout for a mint conditioned Slim for quite a while and pulled the trigger on this N.O.S. model from a UK seller, as soon as I saw the listing last week. I've seen shabbier versions go for a lot more than i paid for this. First use and I'm delighted. Very smooth and comfortable to use. I started on a low setting but I think I'll take it through the gears in the next few weeks.

15/09/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Rockwell Model T #2.75
Blade: Treet 7 Days (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC Bay Rum Splash #1
Balm: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Wk38 (4) Tues.JPG
Very Nice, I do like a Tabac Tuesday.
A very easy lather, the razor as smooth as ever.
BBS from 3 passes, feeling good and smelling very 1970's
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Today is 'Battle of Britain' Day - the 80th Anniversary...

Mission Report of Flight Officer Eggles pre-flight shave...it had to be a good one as it could have been his last!

We scrambled at 16.00 hours to intercept bogeys at angels five-six ((that's) not 56,000 feet but at about chin height)

Flight prep: I was in for some hot water but managed to cover up my nerves with the usual flannel

Chocks away: Using all the power of the PAA Starcraft engine, I was able to turn my P&B Spitfire into a cloud pretty darn quickly. With the fighter wing spread out evenly it took just a couple of sorties to wipe out multiple bogeys. Our Tech was clearly superior to the enemy's.

Debrief: I completed my flight checks with Wing Commander Alum, and then followed this with a cold shower and one or two brandies in the mess.

DSC_1301.JPG

Of course, RAF pilots were not issued with Gillette Tech razors in WW2 - they were for the US forces. Here's an interesting bit I found online:

In 1942 the War Production Board ordered Gillette to dedicate its entire razor production and most blade production to the U.S. military. By the end of the war, servicemen had been issued 12.5 million razors and 1.5 billion blades. Gillette also assisted the U.S. Army in military intelligence by producing copies of German razor blades for secret agents venturing behind German lines so that their identities wouldn't be compromised by their shaving equipment. The company also manufactured razors that concealed money and escape maps in their handles, and magnetic double-edge blades that prisoners of war could use as a compass.

…Mmmm…even better than a Rex then!

As I post this, I am sipping on that brandy and paying my own quiet respects to ‘The Few'.

Have a great day all;)(y):)

Tabac Tuesday
I can't believe I've put off buying Tabac for near on ten years. This stuff is amazing. It loads easily and builds a fantastic lather. Of course, you already knew that. Today was a nice two and half pass shave, leaving a fresh feeling smooth face.
Well done and your head of lather is delicious looking......and yes Tabac lather is fantastic! So you are ok with the scent too yah...hahaha:D:D

Tue 15th Sept.

Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Occams- Hiram Commander / Dot2 plate
Feather Pro [ 2 ]
Alcolado Glacial A/S Splash

I am enjoying Shaves so much with this Razor, that I am finding it difficult to revert to my normal sequence of razor rotations. My second use of the Feather blade was good, but definitely not as forgiving a blade as the Schick Proline

87D02B73-2EAD-4292-BA22-ACC5AB6BD7BA.jpeg

Tuesday 15th September
Jayaruh #289 - OSP Bay Rum - Pal Injectomatic - Personna SSC #1 - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
C64QaMZ.jpg

My recently acquired British Injectomatic, with a Personna blade produced a lovely smooth result.
Very happy!!!!

Today is 'Battle of Britain' Day - the 80th Anniversary...

Mission Report of Flight Officer Eggles pre-flight shave...it had to be a good one as it could have been his last!

We scrambled at 16.00 hours to intercept bogeys at angels five-six ((that's) not 56,000 feet but at about chin height)

Flight prep: I was in for some hot water but managed to cover up my nerves with the usual flannel

Chocks away: Using all the power of the PAA Starcraft engine, I was able to turn my P&B Spitfire into a cloud pretty darn quickly. With the fighter wing spread out evenly it took just a couple of sorties to wipe out multiple bogeys. Our Tech was clearly superior to the enemy's.

Debrief: I completed my flight checks with Wing Commander Alum, and then followed this with a cold shower and one or two brandies in the mess.

View attachment 59495

Of course, RAF pilots were not issued with Gillette Tech razors in WW2 - they were for the US forces. Here's an interesting bit I found online:

In 1942 the War Production Board ordered Gillette to dedicate its entire razor production and most blade production to the U.S. military. By the end of the war, servicemen had been issued 12.5 million razors and 1.5 billion blades. Gillette also assisted the U.S. Army in military intelligence by producing copies of German razor blades for secret agents venturing behind German lines so that their identities wouldn't be compromised by their shaving equipment. The company also manufactured razors that concealed money and escape maps in their handles, and magnetic double-edge blades that prisoners of war could use as a compass.

…Mmmm…even better than a Rex then!

As I post this, I am sipping on that brandy and paying my own quiet respects to ‘The Few'.

Have a great day all;)(y):)

Excellent excellent and....... excellent

Back
Top Bottom