View attachment 59470

Razor - Alu Karve - D plate
blade - Nacet (7)
soap - PAA - Harvest Moon
brush - Chubby 1 best
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL - apricot
balm - none
scent - Hermes - Eau D'Orange Verte - edt.

All good - the picture has nothing to do with my shave today. Yours - I.

@RussellR5555 - CaD - only number four in the hit parade? - harsh - say it ain't so. :) Incidentally - what's the difference between American and European barbershop fragrance? I would agree about Harvest Moon though.
Ha Ha it is in strong company ! everything apart from the John Frum I would happily use.

For me European Barbershop is a bit more Herbal and USA a bit Sweeter and powdery , it has to be said I am no expert having used around 2 of each ! The Gondolier is PAA's take on Italian Barbershop.

Last edited:
Monday AM 2020-09-14
National Creme Filled Doughnut Day
l7nuoe7.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Ethos Lavender soft shaving soap
LASSC BBS-1
Schick Plus Platinum (11)
Ethos Lavender splash

The soap made great lather, and the scent of it and the aftershave is a very pure lavender, not overly sweet or earthy/muddy, like some others. My skin was left feeling quite soft and moisturized. Even with the blade nearing the end of its life, the razor easily lived up to its name.
RkG6fVK.jpg

Good evening everyone

Pre- Myrsol Emulsion
Soap- Signature Soap Britania
Brush- ExS Medium Jock
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade- Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp #5
Post- Myrsol Emulsion

A very warm day down here today so went for a cooling shave this evening.
A superb Slick lather ensured what can only be described as an enjoyable shave.
A little bit of feedback from the Alum block but I'm lovely and smooth, and smelling great and (that's) what counts.

Have a great rest of the evening everyone and stay safe.

Apologies for invading your internet space with my pathetically themed shaves, but this wonderful facial outing was given the theme 'Famous big black and white cuddly bears' and it will include some Japanese girls screaming heir heads off at some point. Or may be not screaming. But it will include some Japanese ladies.
And a panda?

IMG_20200913_180148.jpg

Chi Chi - Stainless Colonial General
Wang Wang - Feather Super Professional
Hua Mei - The Groom Room whiskey barrel brush
Jia Yueyue - Signature Soaps Valentia
Kung Fu Panda II - Nivea moisturiser

Ailuropoda melanoleuca or more commonly known as the giant Panda are native to Central China and characterised by large black patches around their eyes. They are fluffy and could quite easily be considered cuddly despite weighing up to 160Kg. To the same extent a Friday night could also have one meet 160Kg of large animal with black patches around their eyes but the term cuddly would be questionable.

The shave

Welcome back the stainless General. The first decent SE I ever bought and still holds pride of place in the cupboard. A timeless classic which always delivers perfection and on this ocassion was no different. The Feather happens to be a super work mate for the General and just adds to that perfectionist edge.

A week of Signature Soaps and the Valentia was the happy lather of this day. I ain't going to hark on too much about these 'born in Bolton soaps', but just to say each one delivers the same fantastic shaving medium. Love them.

Where is Valentia?

Always a welcome shaving sight the whiskey brush is as good as brushes come as far as I am concerned. The more I use the more I appreciate.

All in all then a wonderful Panda smooth shave. In due consideration they are indeed big hairy arsed bears I excuse myself as I needed some description fitting to the theme, so I made it up. A lovely close shave with a draw dropping finish.

Then again I am still on my little boat at work with a bunch of big hairy arsed sailors, but we are all entitled to live in a fantasy world.

Some Japanese ladies minus the Pandas? Of course.

SOTD : 15th September 2020.

23.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Fine 24mm Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : G F. Trumper Violet Shaving Cream.

Blade: Centwin ~ SP. (3)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint, lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Everything in my shave set up worked together superbly this morning resulting in a enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups DFS/ near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tue 15 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Excellent lather, scent was great!
Slant razor paired with blade very smooth and comfortable. Efficient too. Very good combo.
A brief moment of lapse & too much pressure result in a weeper. Enjoyable shave! Rating 9/10
20200914_224439.jpg
20200915_112729.jpg

Apologies for invading your internet space with my pathetically themed shaves, but this wonderful facial outing was given the theme 'Famous big black and white cuddly bears' and it will include some Japanese girls screaming heir heads off at some point. Or may be not screaming. But it will include some Japanese ladies.
And a panda?

View attachment 59469

Chi Chi - Stainless Colonial General
Wang Wang - Feather Super Professional
Hua Mei - The Groom Room whiskey barrel brush
Jia Yueyue - Signature Soaps Valentia
Kung Fu Panda II - Nivea moisturiser

Ailuropoda melanoleuca or more commonly known as the giant Panda are native to Central China and characterised by large black patches around their eyes. They are fluffy and could quite easily be considered cuddly despite weighing up to 160Kg. To the same extent a Friday night could also have one meet 160Kg of large animal with black patches around their eyes but the term cuddly would be questionable.

The shave

Welcome back the stainless General. The first decent SE I ever bought and still holds pride of place in the cupboard. A timeless classic which always delivers perfection and on this ocassion was no different. The Feather happens to be a super work mate for the General and just adds to that perfectionist edge.

A week of Signature Soaps and the Valentia was the happy lather of this day. I ain't going to hark on too much about these 'born in Bolton soaps', but just to say each one delivers the same fantastic shaving medium. Love them.

Where is Valentia?

Always a welcome shaving sight the whiskey brush is as good as brushes come as far as I am concerned. The more I use the more I appreciate.

All in all then a wonderful Panda smooth shave. In due consideration they are indeed big hairy arsed bears I excuse myself as I needed some description fitting to the theme, so I made it up. A lovely close shave with a draw dropping finish.

Then again I am still on my little boat at work with a bunch of big hairy arsed sailors, but we are all entitled to live in a fantasy world.

Some Japanese ladies minus the Pandas? Of course.

Valentia - Island just off the Irish coast. I tried to include all parts ok UK otherwise I'd have been in trouble for sticking to Yorkshire towns and cities!!

Back
Top Bottom