SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

Saturday morning's shave arriving here on a Sunday and hence the theme 'Better late then never'

20220311_203028.jpg

Late at platform 3 - ESC Evolution
The delayed train at platform 1 has just arrived, late - Feather Proguard
The 1020 will now arrive at 1037 - Wee Whiskey Barrel
The delayed 0530 from London has now been cancelled - Extro Arzachena
This shave has arrived 30 hours late - Extro Arzachena splash

'Is this the late train which is on time or the on time train which is early?'

A wonderful turn out for team shave. Job done and job done to perfection. Have some lovely Japanese ladies to see you out

Sotd Sunday 13/03
Pre shave: paa cube
Soap: TGFS Italian orange
Splash: TGFS Italian orange
Balm: arko unscented
Alum bloc
Razor: Razorine premium special nickel
Blade : Gillette platinum 3rd use

Had my first attempt using the Razorine this morning and yeah was an experience lol went for a 2 pass shave and the shave felt really good at times but I dropped my gaurd and it bit me the chin also there was an area on my chin and neck that I wasn't quite confident with so ended up finishing with the open OC -D plate on the karve all in not a bad shave but definitely a learning curve haven't used a goodfellas smile soap in a while so thought I would dig the Italian orange out and yeah performed well
20220313_114011.jpg20220313_114030.jpg20220313_114040.jpg20220313_114129.jpg20220313_114208.jpg20220313_114432.jpg20220313_114419.jpg

22Tb8Qr.jpg

Pinaud Whiskey Woods AS
Gillette 365 (#1)
RR GC .68 razor
YaQi Beehive 24mm synth
Soap: see photo

Fantastic one pass DFS on a 1 day beard

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Muster Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = Pinnacle Grooming Tales of Leonforte
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Barts Balm Ben More
866AE714-2B3F-4EA7-AD6B-C541455C930D.jpeg
Well another relaxing top drawer shave for me today.
i was meant to be getting a flight home but i’m now staying another few days.
Another sample of pinnacle grooming and just like the rest an absolute top performer and very thirsty soap, they all are.
The scent was nice although not as strong as i like and i reckon it’s a 2-3 on strength.
Another go with the Muster Platinum, 3 shaves in and i’m going to give it another go.
In my own head i only give a blade 3 shaves even if i feel i can get more but i think i might stop doing that,
Certainly with this blade i’m really just experimenting.
Overall another class shave
Stay Safe Lads

74D73798-5699-431B-BF46-3E057985E197.jpeg
SOTD: 13/03/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Taylor’s Of Old Bond Street Lime Zest Cream
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Ben Cruachan Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Back home shave was a refreshing lime extravaganza! I wanted a quick and easy shave so the Leaf and TOBS were on call to do what they do best! It’s my favourite TOBS by a distance and I’ve yet to find a stronger fresh lime scent.
A great weekend but glad to be home!

Very random shave today with no theme or whatnot. After a killer week at work, followed by a bit of training and then the joy of replacing the bathroom floor, I was overdue some chill time.

Pears soap and a hot shower, stub end of an LEA shave stick, my little cheapo scratchy badger in a wooden handle which I only use occasionally just to justify its existence. Then the mighty Koraat 14-2.0, stropped on cloth and leather. 2 passes would have sufficed but I went for 3 and got a cracking result. Bio oil and Tabac AS completed the session and I am well pleased.
That LEA is a good understated performer. Got a great creamy lather even with the most unassuming of brushes. I think next time we go to see the outlaws I will scour Mercadona or El Corte Inglés for spanish shave gear. Seems to be generally good.

Last edited:
Mon 14 SOTD
Soap/Cream Suezbana Aloe Vera & Lavender
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Used to be a cream but is now hardened into soap-like consistency. Lovely scent with rich creamy and slick lather...
A good shave with the razor after stropping on buffalo leather. Can see and feel some improvement on the edge...awesome! Workday rush 2.5passes for an acceptable dfs/ccs finish. The aftershave was awesome & long-lasting...
20220314_092428.jpg

SOTD 14-Mar
20220311_151312.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: NO Barrbarr
Razor: Blackland Era OC (Level 5 Dodgy?)
Blade: Nacet (1)

First go out with the OC plate, stuck to the one side that I could clearly see was fine. Obviously only the first go with it but initial impression is that it is a slight step up in terms of aggression, it didn't feel as smooth as the SB and from an efficiency perspective I couldn't really feel a difference. Perhaps if I was looking at scything down a weeks worth I could tell immediately.

Might just be a bit of a settling in period, and the plate itself is questionable course, but from initial impressions I prefer the SB.

Hope everyone has a good kick off to the week!

Cheers

Marc

275489696_322121289909851_1200162001920299668_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (3)

Perfect shave from the Dorco on day three. The rest of the setup - at the cheaper end of the spectrum - played an admirable supporting role for a great start to the week :giggle:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom