SOTD : Saturday 12th March - Friday 18th March 2022.

12/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A", Darwin handle
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice

P3120001.JPGP3120005.JPG
A wonderful shave today, everything worked as it should.
It never ceases to amaze me the true generosity of this shaving community i belong to, i have been looking for a Darwin style handle for a long, long time, even discussing the "when" with Andrew from Windrose, eventually he told me he could not find a machinist who could do the handles that would be cost effective, therefore they would not be made anymore.:cry:
I put up a WTB ad up in BST and was contacted by @Ferrum who just happened to have one.
Once it was established that it was indeed what i was after, it was gifted to me and sent out without delay.
So a Massive Thank you to Peter @Ferrum thanks.gif you have made me a very happy shaver

I think it looks really smart on the Hawk.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Saturday AM 2022-03-12
Birthdate in 1685 of George Berkeley, who famously questioned whether an object could exist if not perceived
ejUgTuY.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Eufros Kasbah shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (4)
Ginger's Garden Colonia aftershave
3gGFXoH.jpg

Omega 10066 brush.
Fat handled Gillette Tech.
Derby extra blade.
MWF soap.
Baxters of california balm.

Swapped a 12 shave Gillette nacet for a derby extra, the nacet was good but but so was the derby. I am finding that no matter what blade I use there is very little difference between them. I can get a good shave with a derby or a feather or probably a sharpened spoon.
Not sure where I am going with this. But it was a good comfortable shave.(y):)

Edit: one thing I did notice is that the derby was louder in the buttering toast sound, may be due to not being as sharp as nacet blades.
But I could not feel the difference.

Edwin Jagger 3one6
Feather Blade 2nd Use
A&E Asian Plum
Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
A&E Serum

Don't mean to sound like a hype job but what a shave this was. So glad I don't get a reaction to this scent because it's so nice, probably my favourite A&E scent.

Now on to the razor, wow! Honestly was not expecting this, this was a 2 pass shave, but the 1st pass felt like the best 1st pass shave I've ever had. Smooth and efficient, in my opinion if you are someone who has been shaving with a DE for at least a couple of years and you've not tried this razor and you do like to buy razors, this has to be on your list. Buy it from connaughts, get the discount load with a feather blade and enjoy.

PXL_20220312_194650488~2.jpg

7AC4294F-D5DA-430C-A88E-B2810D3C069C.jpeg
SOTD: 12/03/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT dupe
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely shave on site with the caravan, it’s been a good day testing it out except the fuse box is screwed and the power keeps cutting out so it needs to go back for a repair. No such need for the Tech and MSC soap which provided a great shave.
Enjoy the weekend guys.

IMG_0626.jpg

Confirmed. The Rex Envoy is bitey!

I thought I would try another of my favourite blades and selected a new Shark Chrome for my first shower shave with the Envoy. Well - shall we just say that the Envoy requires more attention than most of my existing razors, even after 10 minutes of beard softening in the shower.

Blood flowed. Properly flowed. It was one of those, I don’t even know how I sliced myself, moments. Then there were two, I don’t even know how I sliced myself, moments. Blood flowed.

Gone were all thoughts of using some aftershave or cologne. Balm was called for, and a good handful at that.

The thing is, this is clearly a brilliant razor. For most of my face, it provided a smooth, really keen, clean shave. I just need to remember that it’s on the next level up and to take it slow and carefully.

Experimentation and blood donation will doubtless continue.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1)
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Brush: Yaqi Lake Cavern
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: Castle Forbes Lime Balm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

SOTD : 13th March 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Derby Normal Shaving Cream.
Blade: RK Stainless. (D2)
Razor: parker 22r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

The Real Shaving Co. SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The RK Stainless felt super smooth & efficient on it's second outing....I find that some DE blades especially stainless & teflon coated ones start show to their true potential after a few shaves... This seems to be the case with the RK Stainless.

The derby normal shaving cream doesn't have much of a fragrance, which for me personally isn't a great issue. It's slickness protection and post shave feel make up for it's lack of fragrance.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 13 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + B&M Vespers Balm
Just beautiful, this soap! The lovely scented lather is just impeccably creamy and very slick.
This shave with one of my best SRs was very enjoyable. This razor's jnat edge after being stropped on the buffalo leather... wow, feels extra smooth & comfortable...nice! 3passes for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs results. My right neck to jawline is the area I am still unable to clear cleanly. The aftershaves were great!
20220313_120324.jpg

Back
Top Bottom