SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 November 2022.

6NYUUt4.jpg

B&M's description of their latest offering:

gGzKLhV.gif

You shaving with some cheese?

3AB85D2B-56B3-4C2E-9E3C-609E62E22FAB.jpeg
Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Leaf (Astra SP 3) head
Blackland Era (Astra SP 1)
Zenith Unbleached
Tabac
Homemade witch hazel recipe
Tabac AS
L’Occitane Original Balm

My new Blackland Era razor and stand arrived today so I was very excited to try it out this evening. After some deliberation I opted for a single L4SB as I’m a daily shaver and don’t want to have lots of plates knocking around that I would rarely use. The razor feels very tight indeed, absolutely no blade chatter, it felt like a well put together luxury car. I like the weight distribution and handle length, in fact everything about it is exceptional. Used an Astra SP in it and I couldn’t be more happier with my plate choice.

Credit to Shane and the rest at Blackland for producing a great razor at a good price point. I have it on display next to my Vector, both pioneering razors and great designs in their own right.

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic
Razor: Merkur DE head with ESC Claymore Evo handle
Blade: Derby Premium (Black)
Cream: ESC Fragrance free
After: Thayer's Witch Hazel, then Proraso Sensitive after shave balm

A really nice shave to celebrate my new (used) brush from @Boycie83 and a new Merkur DE head that I bought because it was cheap as chips and I wanted to try a DE razor, having only used SE/AC razors recently.

I ended up having the most irritation free shave so far, to the extent that I even went for an ATG pass to no ill effect. Certainly not the closest shave even after two passes, but it's nice to finish a shave without being in pain for a change.

You shaving with some cheese?
Not to be confused with Stinking Bishop, where pear cider is used to wash the rind of the cheese. The result is a moldy exterior, a squidgy texture, and an everlasting pungent smell. Getting a good lather from it could be a challenge but you would get several seats to yourself on the bus to work. :oops:

This evening's shave arrives on your doorsteps carrying a substantial brush and the theme, 'Size? Does it really matter?'

20221115_194358.jpg

Cor blimey, that's a big un gov - Ikon B1
Patagotitan Mayorum - Polsilver Lodz
Giant Bradley's brush - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
John Holmes cream - Extro Arancia
How big? Lucky you Mavis - Collegen moisturiser
Big Orange XVIII - Hermes vert Orange

BigorangeXVIII_j.plug.jpeg

The most unimaginative named ships I've ever come across. Yes the others are all called I, II, etc etc etc.

Si si si
I dream of a man with big feet
Cha cha cha

'Bollocks to this SOTD. I'm gone'

A first shave using the newly delivered 26mm Cashmere from @gile And what a superb brush it proved itself to be. I have a certain love for the bell handle style of brush and this one ticked all the right boxes. Beautifully made, beautiful to look at (unlike me) and beautiful in use. It also happens to be rather large which suits my shovel head hands. Face lathered with the Extro in double quick time and beautifully lathered at that. A real face masher.

And then all wonderfully removed with the Ikon but not so quickly as this thing needs respect and care otherwise it will happily rip you open. Fortunately nothing out of order this evening. A slap of one of the best moisturisers I know of, a spray of the Hermes and a Big Orange XXX of a finish.

Brilliant all round

A shave finished by those Puffyshoe girlies

View attachment 96271
SOTD: 14/11/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

A lovely shave again with the superb Rockwell 6s. The Signature soap lather is just amazing and from memory it’s the first time I used it with my 3-D printed bowl, the lather just exploded into a thick cream creating enough to overfill the bowl! There’s nothing quite like it!
Enjoy your evening guys!
Thank you, that’s kind of you. Best Regards Brian

Tuesday 15th November

Soap • Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Feather Pro (7)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Having used DE razors for a few weeks, tonight's shave with the Hawk seemed to be over in a trice. The blade width really does speed up the process.
Feather Pro still smooth secen shaves in.
Citrus Musk, a Wickham Soap I had in the den and sold. Luckily, @LeeMaz offered the same for sale, so I snapped it up. What a scent - proper in your face, and reliable 1912 formula performance.
This little Moka Express Synthetic really is a jem. It builds lather quickly, doesn't tend to flick lather around the bathroom, like some loftier Synthetic, and is very soft on the face.
Forest Fresh Aftershave to finish, and all is well.
Smooth as Huggy Bear once more (those under the age of 40 won't know of Huggy?)

No photo today - have this tune om me

This little Moka Express Synthetic really is a jem. It builds lather quickly, doesn't tend to flick lather around the bathroom, like some loftier Synthetic, and is very soft on the face.
Indeed. I bought mine for the handle shape because I am a coffee head. I like it way more than "Chinese plastic" has a right to, especially with the company it keeps, but credit where credit's due. It's a lovely little brush that's just so easy to live with. Sometimes I have to try to not reach for it. Annoyingly I like it more than my Phantom Aerolite, which I was really keen to get, and which I do like, but find slightly big and floppy compared to the 24mm Moka.

SOTD: 16/11/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3 With Titanium Halo Handle
Blade: Feather Professional, 4th use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun Croap
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Shaving Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Nothing to see here, move along, move along, just a damn fine shave.

FC4A57FB-5DFD-435F-981F-B6EAD7478AAA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom