SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 November 2022.

View attachment 96277

Feather AS-D2
Astra SP (2)
SOC Taj
MWF
Witch hazel
Old Spice AS
L’Occitane Original Balm

Another wonderful shave this evening using my favourite soap. I wanted a shave where I didn’t have to think and the AS-D2 can be used without too much worrying. 2 passes and minimal touch ups for a comfortable finish.
A perfect line up for a wonderful shave, it can't get much better! :)

Paul.

WKmMxVs.png

RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium AC Razor from Boti Brush
BLADE: Feather Professional
BRUSH: Vtg. brush w/Boti custom order 16mm silver tip knot
LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap
This tiny brush whips up, holds, and releases a lot of lather.

Razor: Razoroc Game Changer JAWS .64
Blade: Astra Stainless (1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac

Well that was brutal! Why I thought the JAWS would be a good idea I don't know, far too harsh and aggressive for me so it's going right in my sell pile. A shame about the Tabac too, I struggled to build a lather, any time I added water or seemed to just dissolve. The lather was thin and didn't lubricate at all. I think it is the best smelling of the 'manly' scents but based on this performance it's also going in the sell pile. View attachment 96267
I have never tried to bowl lather a stick. As far as I am aware....sticks are designed to be used like a crayon on the face and face lathered.

SOTD: 15th November 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp. (D3)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable. (settings) 6-wtg,5-atg,4-pick-ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub. /Cold Water Face Rinse/ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / La Toja ASL. /Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up paired together wonderfully.

The recently added Alum rub to my post shave application has been a tonic for my mature skin.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD: 15/11/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V2
Blade: Feather Professional, 3rd use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Arko Stick
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Lemon Chill Balm
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

A quick dash round with the Arko this morning. While I do enjoy a shave stick it's not my favourite but nor do I hate it, it's been open for about 3 years airing and still smells the same. I won't replace it when it's gone as I have two sticks of derby un-opened to go at as well.

240476EF-D9F1-41A4-80E0-275E33B3BD0C.jpeg

Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood
Brush: vintage Evans, London Made no. 4 reknot synthetic
Razor: WR1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Wolfman could become an every day razor for me. Whilst it doesn’t feel aggressive ii delivers a really close shave with the lightest of contact. I started with a Lord blade but quickly switched to a new Gillette and immediately felt the difference. No pick ups required but ran the alum block for good measure followed by a dab of Gillette moisturiser gel.
Have a great day fellas, Noah’s arc was seen around here this morning looking for somewhere to moor up. :rolleyes:

0717CDA1-37A0-45B9-8C85-A505F44BF8DD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom