SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 November 2022.

16/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Old 1925 repaired Handle
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 46 (5).JPG
A nice 2 pass shave that, i could have got away with a single pass and touch up, however, you don't throw away this vintage lather.
When i repaired the cracked handle i was worried it would be slippy as the replacement was just smooth brass tubing, i have had no such issues so i am happy with the repair.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

16 November

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

3073F7D1-A4A2-4A0B-BEB2-CA807D968E65.jpeg
A luxury shave from start to finish. Close and comfortable finish, accompanied by the wonderful scent of the Hibernia splash. The dent in the lid of the Simpsons cream is thanks to my new superpower of dropping stuff.

...John Holmes cream - Extro Arancia...

iizcTLG.jpg

Razor: Razorock Game Changer CC .84
Blade: Astra Superior (1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: A&E Asian Pear
Splash: A&E Asian Pear

Well that was a surprise! I was sure that the .84 would be too aggressive for me as I struggle with the #6 on the Rockwell 6S, but it was actually great; a close shave with no cuts or nicks, straight in the keep drawer. A&E absolutely make the best and longest lasting scents, it was fresh and fruity but still with a slightly darker note, even if it is a bit more drying then the other current generation artisan soaps on the market now. All in a great shave.

Attachments

• 20221115_043650.jpg
    20221115_043650.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5
Karve Christopher Bradley (brass/SB/C) :: (German) Personna (4) :: Lea stick (new version) :: Omega boar brush :: Lea Classic lotion
IMG_20221116_103627.jpg
Was a bit rougher shave than what I now expect from the super smooth Karve CB razor, but the result is still fine. I started with a Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack blade (3), but I very quickly switched to a Personna, which did improve the smoothness. The Lea aftershave is really magic for my skin (thank you @pjgh!).

Wednesday 16th
Theme “gold and silver”

Razor: Alpha Bandit brass ( yeh I know it’s not gold but close enough colour wise)
Blade: Silver Blue Gillette (6th use)
Brush: Silver Edwardian synthetic re knot
Soap: Vergulde Hand (Golden Hand)

Just picked up the Bandit from @Shaveguru (cheers Nick) and it is everything that I had hoped for. Classy looks, superb engineering and finish; there is a fair amount of blade on show but the head design ensures that it doesn’t deliver an aggressive shave even at a high angle. Balance and grip are very good, one pass wtg and pick ups for a smooth finish.
The Dutch soap lathers easily and has a great scent, lemon citrus.

Update on Noah, water is still rising but he’s given up looking for a mooring and is quoted as saying “where is @Satanfriendly when you need him, I expect he’s listening to his favourite girl band again, I’m off :rolleyes:

Have a great evening fellas

66D3BD14-22D0-4C1F-A4FA-F4D4E65CF317.jpeg

Last edited:
Wednesday 16th November

AL9nZEU0b2EOB9ZwWxzsEV3mxLbEcpPq_yPE9piweuLFQ1slvlomSZYOCC7EQw4LZTQVFNxOgT-snJFvQzy2S4lR5M-JKMgiwa4tnWoOb6K08QuzMhDZ9nRQGmc5M6YCP9o1o53oZllapy9Jf0LIyK_YqRR7Pw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
SuperMax Classic Lather Shave Cream & Razorock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
KCG & Vidyut/SuperMax Super Stainless (3)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Three consistent shaves of a good standard with this setup. Not the best, not the sharpest, not the most exciting but ... consistent and sound.

16/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Old 1925 repaired Handle
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
View attachment 96332
A nice 2 pass shave that, i could have got away with a single pass and touch up, however, you don't throw away this vintage lather.
When i repaired the cracked handle i was worried it would be slippy as the replacement was just smooth brass tubing, i have had no such issues so i am happy with the repair.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Bare brass or nickel plating is fine, chrome is slippery as eel poo.

Back
Top Bottom