SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 November 2022.

17 November

PAA Future Fiction
Cadman M55
Rockwell 6S
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

127D9F1A-C4ED-4C9B-95C7-9F6D86D8F4A3.jpeg
A wonderful rich lather from the Future Fiction, but this soap has little in the way of scent, unusual for a PAA soap. The Rockwell with the Treet Platinum was as smooth as could be and gave a good close shave. Hibernia splash to finish, an excellent start to the day.

7Zcz9Tc.jpg

Thursday 17 November

Razor: SUPPLY Adjustable injector
Blade: SUPPLY Black Label injector
Soap: ToBS Sandalwood in old barber pot
Brush: Old Pewter re knot synthetic

South Downs now visible in the distance, not been visible for a few days.
I’m impressed with the SUPPLY, razor and blade, I set it on 3 and it did the job with minimum fuss, good enough with one pass and a few clean ups around my jaw line. The ToBS brush combo also delivered a good creamy lather but I find it tends to dry out quickly, not that this is a problem as I like brushing soap on, bit like painting (DIY) which I also enjoy.

Have a great day fellas,

D1FD55CD-B7F7-4051-B23E-63DD9F6BFA20.jpeg

Thursday 17th November
Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #5 - Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick - Yaqi Robin - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
e5Uxivy.jpg

I do like a shave stick for lathering. Especially the tallow versions. The Wilkie stick had been on my radar, but was becoming harder to source. A fortunate trade with @trainman resulted in the above.
It lathered very easily, had a light fresh scent with excellent slickness. The shave was faultless.
Rather pleased!!

Last edited:
Thursday 17th November

AL9nZEUMIz5Iyy1rBtD-4Sn3-w92KURPkPc9XIvg0sbkSqQg1gDGAWQFo_ryv4Ds3CY224U-nIgOaxlIlAlAyUShYs2eHHr_IDqHxLzjFoYTCrmV3nomzsSkg9HpHfOpKsDJM2bi-lqRVAnuRs2IcSe7rnym2g=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Lord EmoFresh Shaving Cream & Razorock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Muhle R89 w/Razorock HD (Stainless) Handle & Super Gillette Blue Stainless (1)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

The R89 is one of those razors that we probably all own, but so rarely use ... and we should! It is ace! Merkur have their 34C HD so I made up my own R89 HD with the handle from Razorock. The head will sit on a Muhle Rocca handle tomorrow to compare a lighter but longer handle.

First go with the Lord cream and it's a good 'un! Menthol, yes, but nothing like Ingram's. Much gentler and there's some camphor in there, too. Slick! Maybe a little messy in the basin with the wash-off and some residue to clean up. Damn good otherwise!

Razor = Parker Varient
Blade = London Bridge ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat
Soap = House Of Mammoth Damocles with matching balm
ETP = Victor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme
84CAC27E-5470-485B-8645-7CDFC1DA999C.jpegFirst shave for me for 4 days i think lol
and a wonderful shave at that.
First time virgin on the Parker which was a pif win from paul @Blademonkey in collaboration with @Boycie83 :). Thanks Lads
just having a read through @Boycie83 posts i decided to stay on setting 3, which was comfortable & easy,
i reckon it’s one of these razors suited to beginners & experienced alike depending on settings used.
The Razor is very efficient and paired with the london Bridge it was a proper 3 pass bbs.
i can’t fault it at all but if i was to pick one downside it’s a tad heavy although not an issue in the slightest.
I have no ideas why i went for this soap today but i’m glad i did, the residual slickness on mammoth soaps is pretty much second to none,
i really need ot get some more.
Also decided to go with the Spice Bomb just so my wife would think it was her birthday again ;)
Over all a lovely 9/10 shave and i enjoyed every minute.
Stay Safe Boys

17/11/2022

Razor: Alpha Outlaw Std
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Semogue Torga Silvertip
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands

20221117_185725.jpg

I've had this soap (new) since 2019 and never used it. Why did I wait so long? It's great! What a shame we can't buy Nanny's soaps any more. I'm still enjoying the Outlaw.

Not sure on the Semogue Silvertip. I've used it a couple of times now. I really like the knot - it's great. I don't find the handle comfortable. I thought the same of the boar version and sold it. That knowledge didn't stop me buying this brush though....

I've had this soap (new) since 2019 and never used it. Why did I wait so long? It's great! What a shame we can't buy Nanny's soaps any more. I'm still enjoying the Outlaw.

Nanny's was all the rage when I came to this forum in the Autumn of 2013. Sharon was a regular poster here and a true artisan. Artisinal soap making had yet to take off ... and let's face it, most now are factory made. Not Nanny's. I had Morccan Sands. Again, a scent profile that was way ahead of its time and possibly something that opened my mind up to Arabic perfumery.

Thursday 17 November

Razor: SUPPLY Adjustable injector
Blade: SUPPLY Black Label injector
Soap: ToBS Sandalwood in old barber pot
Brush: Old Pewter re knot synthetic

South Downs now visible in the distance, not been visible for a few days.
I’m impressed with the SUPPLY, razor and blade, I set it on 3 and it did the job with minimum fuss, good enough with one pass and a few clean ups around my jaw line. The ToBS brush combo also delivered a good creamy lather but I find it tends to dry out quickly, not that this is a problem as I like brushing soap on, bit like painting (DIY) which I also enjoy.

Have a great day fellas,

D1FD55CD-B7F7-4051-B23E-63DD9F6BFA20.jpeg
Beautiful view

99B1D097-BF3F-47B9-8DCC-8427836C761F.jpeg
SOTD: 17/11/2022

Razor: Blackland Era OC level 3
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My first shave with the Era, and it was great. I ummed and aghhed over this purchase but first impressions are positive so I’m glad I got it. I’m not normally a OC fan but since trying a few courtesy of @slapo I thought I’d try the Era, as the Blackbird was coming too I thought I’d see if I could get it included with the delivery, (I did!) It was a little more efficient, or the blade obviously more open and exposed for want of a better word, but it was extremely smooth. I’d love to grab a solid bar 4 plate too but alas it’ll be down to the BST for that.

Back
Top Bottom