SOTD: Saturday 12 - Friday 18 November 2022.

18/11/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Pearl Blaze with IKON Bulldog
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDC
Wk 46 (7).JPG
Its been 6 month or so since i used the Tabac - why o' why?
A wonderful face lather with the little Duke 2, When the scent wafts it just takes me back to the past. Thick and creamy protection, what more can a shaver want?
I fitted the Pearl with the used Plat Lux - It was fine. No issues whatsoever. Fitted with the bulldog handle the Blaze just ticks a lot of my boxes, although the tiniest niggle is the top cap corners, which i can sometimes feel during the shave - is that just me?
2 Passes for a lovely, comfortable, BBS finish, this blade is really holding up, i may give it one more run out.
A very nice post shave, although, the Tabac Black is spluttering a bit now, thankfully i have another 2 tubes stashed somewhere.
Finishing with a splash of the Tabac EDC to finish off a very enjoyable bit of sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

5iyeG3e.jpg

Prep: Barrister and Mann Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: Arko
Razor: Above The Tie S1
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Scent: D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

In locations where the water quality can be an unknown quantity, I have found no soap more bulletproof than Arko.

The Great Simpson Desert is beautiful in Springtime.......

D68wRx7.jpg
Stunning foto Tom, what a fantastic contrast of sky colours :love:

Friday 18th November

AL9nZEUSS-a_gh8D7uiniHl9SwnZZxdST-UTGfIMZ0Tsh8uK8kaFBtgIDeW_MRCG2-_HzVCAFmbwz-pjhS2qNS9fGLXY6pCt01t_jtvsDqW_8fQFwsM3O9Tg8RofMLYBxGcDaAXyxh6wJQ_uB-XMm0V05NZOCw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Lord EmoFresh Shaving Cream & Razorock Bruce w/Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Muhle R89 w/Muhle Rocca Gold Handle & Super Gillette Blue Stainless (2)
Alt Inssbruck Cologne (as Aftershave)

So easy to click back into using the R89. Tonight's shave was sheer class! Close, and a real face-feeler ...

Between the mildly mentholated camphor of the shaving cream and the highly mentholated tobacco blossom of the aftershave, I've got a really fly woody floral chill going on. Quite lovely!

Merkur 15C :: Kai blade (1) :: Hampshire Wool Fat (No.1) :: Yaqi 24mm brush :: Nivea Sensitive balm
View attachment 96414
First time using a Kai blade: sharp, but I need to work on the techique since I ended up with an irritated neck. Possibly a combination with a lighter razor. I like the HWF soap, very slick and a pleasant scent (for me).

The second shave should be better. I have limited experience of the KAI but I certainly found improvement from the second shave on. Treet Silver is another with potentially awful first run which might lead you to ditch the blade, but then four particularly keen and comfortable shaves follow.

I enjoyed my Merkur 15C the other day, a razor I rarely pick up. It's a fine thing, really.

And as my final entry for this week of SOTD's, this was last night's shave and arrived with the theme, 'Something to do with flies and scary dairy products'

20221117_204530.jpg

Yoghurt - Occams Enoch
Butter - Titan mild
Kefir - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Cream - Extro Arancia
Casein - Simple moisturiser
Custard - Neroli Woods

'See. There's no flies on me'

After quoting things to do with flies, cheese and rims the other day, I do have to admit I did look at my wife strangely when she announced 'We are going to a cheese tasting tonight'. Eeeeek! Que?

Fortunately it equated to nibbling various cheese while getting hammered on wine, port and pints of beer. I think the lady hosting the evening was slightly flummoxed when I compared a cheese fermented from cows which lived 1000m up in the Austrian Alps (quaint story anyway) to a wedge of dairylea. Okay, Dairylea with lumpy bits in it and wrapped in some tree bark. Upmarket Dairlea.

So a shave was in order to at least present myself nicely in the public eye. And this was it.

A change of blade for the Enoch as I think the previous had well played its part and a bit like me, old and tired. Tiring if you so wish. A lovely refreshing change which brought the Enoch right back on song. The new brush once again turned in a sterling performance and yes, I like it, a lot. The remainder of the software were very orange based and I was proud to present myself to the world of cheese; smelling like a bag of Jaffas.

So here's wishing you all a most bodacious of weekends and may you all be warm and well. I love you all.

Have some Japanese ladies to enjoy...

Not quite a bunch of Japanese school girls but a scene from the film 'Linda Linda Linda'. Anyone recognise Bae Doona from various films including 'Jupiter rising'. Probably not.

Yaqi Mellon head + Razorock Bamboo handle :: Derby Extra blade (1) :: OSP sandalwood cream :: Yaqi Cola 22mm brush :: Lea Classic splash
View attachment 96470
This evening was a "@pjgh shave": items received from the recent Hallowe'en PIF (except the handle). It was smooth out of this world, a pure pleasure. (EDIT: I hope I got the items correct...)

Ha! Brill! Really glad you're happy with the core of the goodies.

007B126D-62EE-40F1-8903-817F5FE3B5D3.jpeg
SOTD: 18/11/2022

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta Puck
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Astra Planeta Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another good, mild smooth shave from the Era but I’m going to have to grab a level 4 SB or OC though, as even though this was a delightful shave, I feel I need a little more efficiency as I had some stubble growth by early evening. It’s great for normal work days but occasionally I want that little bit more efficiency.

Back
Top Bottom