SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Wednesday AM 2022-06-15
Birthdate in 1479 of Lisa del Giocondo (model for da Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa)
i3qYBsF.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow) + Coate's Sandalwood SC to add scent
Wilkinson Bonded System (2)
Chanel Égoïste Platinum aftershave
3SLyylc.jpg

And with the theme 'Monday, Friday, Thursday, Frogday, bananas. who cares?' I give you last night's shave.

Will today's SOTD arrive today? Will a herd of elephants skip down No.3 runway at Heathrow?

20220614_181747.jpg

Carrots - Stainless Mongoose
Big sale big sale - Feather Professional
Box of cats in need of a home - Yaqi Dandelion
Bolton bolt ons - Signature Soaps Novus Spice
3/8 Whitworth - Captain Fawcett's Maharajah

'I'm toast'

If I was to be stranded on a desert island (or Bootle) this would be 'that razor'. As much as I could say the same for the Ikon B1, the Mongoose has that edge, if only because it does much the same only quicker.

The Novus. My first shaving purchase for some time and a most wonderful one at that. The cinnamon really shines through in a very palatable way and blends with the orange in a beautiful manner without leaning towards 'Christmas has arrived again'. As for lathering, glide and moisturising, no different to any other Signature offering. Top drawer and that is all I need to say.

Oddly the Maharajah really compliments the soap in a spicy kind of way. I still dislike the initial top notes (very medicinal), but once they've done their part what remains is really stunning. Not a 'reach for' as an everyday scent for me as just too heavy, but on those occasions when I feel like being different, it has its place. And a nice one when that occasion does arrive.

A cracking shave from start to finish.

Are pandas pink? They are

429C284B-9C52-4DF4-835D-3F6CA8ADD28B.jpeg
SOTD: 15/06/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Tiger Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

First shave with the Tiger blade which worked brilliantly in the mighty Tech! The soap and brush was amazing as of course was splash, I’d love to try some more Shannon’s Soaps.
Enjoy your day guys.

And with the theme 'Monday, Friday, Thursday, Frogday, bananas. who cares?' I give you last night's shave.

Will today's SOTD arrive today? Will a herd of elephants skip down No.3 runway at Heathrow?

View attachment 89342

Carrots - Stainless Mongoose
Big sale big sale - Feather Professional
Box of cats in need of a home - Yaqi Dandelion
Bolton bolt ons - Signature Soaps Novus Spice
3/8 Whitworth - Captain Fawcett's Maharajah

'I'm toast'

If I was to be stranded on a desert island (or Bootle) this would be 'that razor'. As much as I could say the same for the Ikon B1, the Mongoose has that edge, if only because it does much the same only quicker.

The Novus. My first shaving purchase for some time and a most wonderful one at that. The cinnamon really shines through in a very palatable way and blends with the orange in a beautiful manner without leaning towards 'Christmas has arrived again'. As for lathering, glide and moisturising, no different to any other Signature offering. Top drawer and that is all I need to say.

Oddly the Maharajah really compliments the soap in a spicy kind of way. I still dislike the initial top notes (very medicinal), but once they've done their part what remains is really stunning. Not a 'reach for' as an everyday scent for me as just too heavy, but on those occasions when I feel like being different, it has its place. And a nice one when that occasion does arrive.

A cracking shave from start to finish.

Are pandas pink? They are

Thank you Chris, it’s really appreciated. Best Regards Brian

And Wednesdays shave on a Wednesday? Whatever next? Free of any photo (idleness) so I have included a non shaving related photo to keep you happy and gave it the theme, 'Wednesday's shave'

kittensoft_t.png

A razor for Wednesday - Ikon B1
Wednesday morning Wednesday evening - Polsilver Lodz
Day before Thursday's brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Wwwwwwwednesday's soap - Signature Soaps Novus Spice
Some moisturiser or other - Colegen

'Go away you boring old man'

Mix and match my previous two SOTD's and voila, una very nice shave. You get the general idea and my thoughts

And the last from the Pink Pandas for today

SOTD 15-June
View attachment 89321
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth' V15
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: GSB (1)

A special shout out to @Digimonkey for the loan of this spectacular slim (and another to be in the spotlight once I've put this through its paces) and boy is it a cracker. It looks absolutely stunning for one but even better the shave is great.

I thought I'd start in on the middle groundish so decided on a 5 for this go around. Honestly it was excellent, very smooth and loud enough to tell me it was doing the job. First pass done and already very smooth, went straight to ATG for an excellent finish. I think I could probably turn it up a couple of notches so that'll be on the cards for tomorrow.

Overall very impressed for a first run, it'll take a few goes to really get used to it but so far so good!

Thank you again @Digimonkey

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
Man that brush is class
What’s your thoughts on the V15 in comparison to the V14 ?

Man that brush is class
What’s your thoughts on the V15 in comparison to the V14 ?
Cheers man.

It's early days yet, it seemed to retain a lot more water than the previous V's, but that might be the setting so it felt more gelled than my others. I'll use it again in a couple of days and shake it out more before going to the soap, I suspect once I've done that it will have a similar feel!

Wednesday 15th June

Soap • WSP Spring Rain
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (?)
Post • Myrsol Agua De Limon Aftershave

Spring Rain has a fresh lemon scent ideal on hot days like today. It lathers so easily, it's as if just the threat of a damp brush is enough to get it going.
I lost count how many shave this Silver Blue blade has on it, so I won't be using it again - to avoid mid shave drop in performance.
Myrsol Limon has the same sherbet lemon scent as the soap and is refreshing.

SOTD : 16th June 2022.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D4)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (UK)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Finishing my shaving week off in style with my much loved ER 1912 (UK) which performed wonderfully cutting through my stubble effortlessly

What more can I say about these remarkable razors. The shave was yet again fantastic... I repeat again by saying when ever i use my SE vintage razors I feel as though I am using a proper shaving tool. I have such love and respect for these wonderful vintage shaving ladies.

The Haslinger shaving soap is a magnificent performer with only a slight clean pleasant fragrance 'to my nose' i have mentioned before in my posts the vast majority of shaving soap scents disappeared once i rinsed my face with cold water.....The schafmilch sheep milk soap reminds me of MWF/Kent, Hampshire Lanolin Wool Fat shaving soaps which all contain lanolin something my mature skin adores... what i instantly liked about it was, it lather's up in no time without the addition of blooming creating a wonderful luxurious slick protective lather leaving a superb post shave feeling to my face....And like a lot of my mild scented shaving soaps pair's together with all my aftershaves, colognes ,EDTS & EDPS.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe stay cool, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 16-June
20220614_112348.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: GSB (2)

Another good shave, slightly more feel on this one but still smooth. Went for three passes for a very good finish. So far very impressed with it, I'll have to give top gear a try tomorrow then work my way down from the middle to the bottom after to get a real feel for it, but so far happy days!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom