SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Thursday 16th June

AM-JKLW5-FJOmPccM6GrrKqP9EzkD8CEwlBfnZNwge_8B6WbrtyRO3kFnSBCavQJb2gRz816unAu_zPb4mQrB8-ixwNJDP0IB0O5rlJ3s_Vx0yvoYHoRZTRpUKzlbR6JBg8ObiCstJVDYEa5qW7QMBeSOMleeA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
Vie-Long Amphora w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Skin Protection Advanced Combo
Puig Quorum Aftershave

Damn gloop pods are relentless!

dqmkh4z.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (6/4/4)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister & Mann Terror Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Floris No. 89 EdT

Very nice shave.

Fri 17 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Coria
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip Grande OC
Blade Shick Super Stainless 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Clubman Gents Gin
Epic lather from the soap...really over the top even with just a little...just to show how good it is...very slick too...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was silky smooth (love it)...but unexpected red spots again (hated it) after 3passes... hmm...love-hate relationship brewing. The end result was awesome though...mostly bbs! The aftershaves were terrific but not lasting!
20220617_101119.jpg

SOTD 17-June
20220614_124349.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth' V15
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Gillette Slim (9)
Blade: GSB (3)

You know by dialing this all the way up I was expecting it to be uncomfortable, but surprisingly still very smooth. I could quite happily shave at 9 everyday, though based on yesterday's 7 it probably wouldn't be necessary. Really enjoying this razor.

@Mike Smart the V15 in this handle definitely retains more water than my others. Draining it a bit more helped and ended up with a cracking lather. I'm going to compare and contrast for my own info, but I think it might be marginally more gel like than the V14/V13, but almost definitely more so than the V11. Still good though!

Hope everyone has a grand Friday!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Fri 17 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Coria
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip Grande OC
Blade Shick Super Stainless 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Clubman Gents Gin
Epic lather from the soap...really over the top even with just a little...just to show how good it is...very slick too...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was silky smooth (love it)...but unexpected red spots again (hated it) after 3passes... hmm...love-hate relationship brewing. The end result was awesome though...mostly bbs! The aftershaves were terrific but not lasting!
View attachment 89387
Thanks Richard
Best Regards Brian

17 June

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Cadman M55
Rex Ambassador
Gillette Silver Blue
Lucky Tiger face tonic
Dior Sauvage

0A748A48-F38D-4906-A8EC-4BD4863E7393.jpeg
A super summery cold water shave this morning. The Rex set to 2.5 for the first pass and 4 for the second produced a close and comfortable shave. The Lucky Tiger after shave and face tonic deserves a special mention as it’s scent of tangerine is wonderful first thing on a warm day.

17/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor - ATT Windsor CR1
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (5 and out)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk24  (7).JPG
I really enjoy using this razor and today was no exception with a very nice bit of sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

IMG_1205.jpg

Off to work and I needed a shave. So while the rest of the UK bakes in a heatwave, Edinburgh is cloudy and ten degrees colder. Still I can pretend, so out came the Lemon Chill. This has a lot of menthol in it, so be careful where the lather ends up, especially if you shave in the shower!

An excellent shave was had nonetheless. I find keeping the Model T tamed with a smooth blade, and at its lower settings makes it a very good performer. Higher than the midpoint and it bites. But on 3 for my ATG neck pass was perfect and handled quickly and in one sweep! Nice.

Razor: Rockwell Model T v1 (2.5 => 3)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: Stirling Soap Lemon Chill
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face lather

Sotd-17-06-22.png

RazoRock Lupo alu
Treet Platinum (1)
Simpson Special best
Signature Capra Devi
warm water
Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

A great big T.S.R love-in shave. The razor is on loan, the soap gifted to me and, of course, made by one of our own. I'm that odd fish that prefers aluminium razors to any other material. I had no idea what to expect from the Lupo. I'm assuming that given the name and the way it looks, it owes something to the geometry of a Wolfman? Except of course the Lupo doesn't cost the same as the annual military budget of Belarus and you don't have to be the seventh son of the seventh son to actually get one. The razor is gossamer light and extremely nimble. Fantastic under the nose. Stuck one of my standard reference blades in it and the result was? Astonishing. My face is like glass but perfectly comfortably so. Wow.
@BrianH - the Capra Devi is a lovely take on the theme. Everything it should be - dark, medicinal and uplifting. The Capra range is rapidly becoming my favourite non-tallow base. It was a no-brainer to match with the Agua Balsamica. Fantastic.

@Boycie83 @Satanfriendly - thank you again - you are a credit to the forum. :D

Shave well all - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom