SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Fri 17th June

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Vitos Super Red
Yaqi Raster V2
Feather Proguard ( 4 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Yesterday I used my original Raster to shift 2 days growth with a Proguard on board, and it struggled a bit during initial clearance. The finish was OK but I could not clear the lip line at all. Today I used the Raster 2 which coped well with a single days growth and the overall finish quality was better. Maybe need to try other blades to find out the one best suited to this Razor.

A1A1209B-42E6-44F4-928B-BE2CE8318672.jpeg

And my last SOTD for this week. Delivered quickly before I disappear to my brother's caravan near St. Asaph where mobile signals are a cast back to the Victorian days and they still have 'Push button A. Push button B' phones. 2p coins anyone?

So this one is themed 'Victoriana and the shaving gentleman'

20220616_174744.jpg

Stainless lump - Stainless Mongoose
Stainless slither - Feather Professional
Stainless wood - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Stainless vegetable stuff - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
Stains on the bedsheets - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg EDC
'True. It was me'

A truly wonderful shave and a nice start to a trip away to unpronounceable places.

I hope you all have smashing weekends and I do love you all. My favourite happy Japanese girlies to sign out on......

Yesterday I used my original Raster to shift 2 days growth with a Proguard on board, and it struggled a bit during initial clearance. The finish was OK but I could not clear the lip line at all. Today I used the Raster 2 which coped well with a single days growth and the overall finish quality was better. Maybe need to try other blades to find out the one best suited to this Razor.

View attachment 89401

I find the Raster v2 and v3 work well with the Feather Pro and Super Pro, probably better with the former. However, it's not a "scary" razor and tames both of those sharp blades.

View attachment 89398

RazoRock Lupo alu
Treet Platinum (1)
Simpson Special best
Signature Capra Devi
warm water
Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

A great big T.S.R love-in shave. The razor is on loan, the soap gifted to me and, of course, made by one of our own. I'm that odd fish that prefers aluminium razors to any other material. I had no idea what to expect from the Lupo. I'm assuming that given the name and the way it looks, it owes something to the geometry of a Wolfman? Except of course the Lupo doesn't cost the same as the annual military budget of Belarus and you don't have to be the seventh son of the seventh son to actually get one. The razor is gossamer light and extremely nimble. Fantastic under the nose. Stuck one of my standard reference blades in it and the result was? Astonishing. My face is like glass but perfectly comfortably so. Wow.
@BrianH - the Capra Devi is a lovely take on the theme. Everything it should be - dark, medicinal and uplifting. The Capra range is rapidly becoming my favourite non-tallow base. It was a no-brainer to match with the Agua Balsamica. Fantastic.

@Boycie83 @Satanfriendly - thank you again - you are a credit to the forum. :D

Shave well all - cheers - I.
Glad you like it Iain
Best Regards Brian

8C6247DB-4149-4FC0-AA8E-9E376A854FE5.jpeg
SOTD: 17/06/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb fresh shave and the Pol Silver feels like it could last another 2-3 shaves! Fresh and light which was just what was needed today!

gVreY8E.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Ariana and Evans Khalifa
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix and Beau Iceni Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain EdT

A somewhat exotic mediterranean influenced shave.

Thursday and Friday:

Yesterday finished off the Gillette Super Silver blade after 6 shaves, it was starting to get a little 'draggy'. Still gave me a decent shave though. Interlinked was a decent performer.

Seeing as I picked up the KCG razor for a tenner, I thought I'd give it a run-out. It did pretty well, it has a reasonable amount of heft to it and the blades seemed OK too. Thanks to me being a little over zealous with my brush, I had a bit of a lather fest with the Leodis. Another soap did get picked randomly, but I decided on such a hot day (well, for us here in the UK anyway), I would go with something a bit more Summer-y.

Even after about 8 hours, I feel almost like I've not long shaved.

Enjoy the weekend and the weather

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_111751__01.jpg
    IMG_20220617_111751__01.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220616_092039__01.jpg
    IMG_20220616_092039__01.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8
17/06/2022

Razor: Hiram Commander
Blade: Kai Pink Titan Mild (9)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Best
Soap: TDS Menthol

20220617_194158.jpg

Found the TDS soap in the back of a drawer when looking for something else. It's hot so why not?

9 and out for the Kai Pink. 8 seems to be the optimum for it in the Hiram. Time to use a different razor.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Lord Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound V 14 Fanchurian
Soap = TOBS Eton College Collection with matching Aftershave
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free
D6E22211-2D47-47E9-8194-EEA91B261F29.jpegBot of a late one for me to night but a cracker nonetheless.
I reckon this is my number 1 Tobs cream.
iv had a few over the years but the citrus scent on this is top drawer.
Have a great weekend lads
Stay Safe

Friday 17th June

AM-JKLW5-FJOmPccM6GrrKqP9EzkD8CEwlBfnZNwge_8B6WbrtyRO3kFnSBCavQJb2gRz816unAu_zPb4mQrB8-ixwNJDP0IB0O5rlJ3s_Vx0yvoYHoRZTRpUKzlbR6JBg8ObiCstJVDYEa5qW7QMBeSOMleeA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Club Cola Shaving Soap
Vie-Long Amphora w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Skin Protection Advanced Combo
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

... and finally, those gloop pods have relented! I'm sure they'd normally go on for a lot longer that a week, but I did try my utmost to wear it down at the start by running under a hot tap for several minutes.

What a superb shave this thing gives! I still think the cartridge itself is better than GIllette's ProGlide but have said the razor itself is not as slick as Gillette's Flexball. That said, I'm really clicking with the mechanism and allowing that extra joint to really come into play, shaving with quite dangerous abandon.

Club Cola and a splash of Jovan is a super combination. I think Club Cola was the first soap I got from Wickham's and Darron filled it double for me. I've still barely made a dent despite using it quite routinely. The scent is still strong and well defined. He made a great soap in the 1912.

Enjoy your weekend, folks!

Back
Top Bottom