SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Tuesday 14th June

AM-JKLW5-FJOmPccM6GrrKqP9EzkD8CEwlBfnZNwge_8B6WbrtyRO3kFnSBCavQJb2gRz816unAu_zPb4mQrB8-ixwNJDP0IB0O5rlJ3s_Vx0yvoYHoRZTRpUKzlbR6JBg8ObiCstJVDYEa5qW7QMBeSOMleeA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 English Rose Shaving Soap
Vie-Long Amphora w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Skin Protection Advanced Combo
Pashana Original Aftershave

Getting into the swing of things with this Wilkinson Sword cartridge format. Yesterday, I mused that the shave exceeded the Gillette Fusion ProGlide cartridge and today, I think I confirmed that. The mechanism is nowhere near as slick as the Gillette Fusion Flexball, but it is rudimentarily good ... if that's a thing?

Enjoying it!

Splash of my now dwindling supplies of what I consider to be the best aftershave I've encountered. Pashana Original Aftershave. Sadly, now officially vintage.

View attachment 89301
Just say no.......

Slim Aristocrat (3)
Treet Trig (2)
Simpson P8 Phyl best
Signature Londinium
Brut a/s
Brut lotion.

The scene - a dismal community centre on the southside of Glasgow. A rough circle of chairs which screech on the hard flooring as they are shuffled to allow space for the newcomer. Nervous coughs. The wringing of sweaty hands.

'Welcome to the group. Would you like to introduce yourself?'

Nervously, hesitantly - 'Hello everyone...... my name's Digi and I have a Brut problem.' - relief, the first step.

Affirmative noises, a ripple of applause, murmurs of 'I hear you brother.'

'At first it was just a laugh, me and my shaving mates egging each other on. Just the green stuff, nothing serious - recreational like. I thought I could handle it. Before I knew it, it wasn't enough - someone introduced me to body lotion. It was fine for a while but soon though it was green, musk, aquafresh and Attraction Totale. You name it, I used it. I began mixing them to chase the high. I started visiting multiple Savers to get more gear without attracting the suspicion of the staff. I thought I was covering it well, despite the fact you could smell me half a mile away downwind. I wasn't fooling anyone. The final straw? I started to call my wife 'Enry. I needed help.......'

Brut Anonymous - don't suffer in silence and alone. No matter how good you think you smell. There's a meeting near you.

;) - I.
Psst....The last few weeks my brut addiction therapist has lowered my "Brutadone" ASL ml usage to twice a week, however, i have found a new dealer in 'Bodycare' which have a new batch of 'Brut Sport Style',perfect for the summer buzz!...Enry would understand.

Yours-Barry.

SOTD 15-June
20220614_145006.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth' V15
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: GSB (1)

A special shout out to @Digimonkey for the loan of this spectacular slim (and another to be in the spotlight once I've put this through its paces) and boy is it a cracker. It looks absolutely stunning for one but even better the shave is great.

I thought I'd start in on the middle groundish so decided on a 5 for this go around. Honestly it was excellent, very smooth and loud enough to tell me it was doing the job. First pass done and already very smooth, went straight to ATG for an excellent finish. I think I could probably turn it up a couple of notches so that'll be on the cards for tomorrow.

Overall very impressed for a first run, it'll take a few goes to really get used to it but so far so good!

Thank you again @Digimonkey

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Monday night's shave (yes a Monday on a Wednesday) and this one is themed, 'Monday night's shave'. Because I like to be original

20220613_204608.jpg

Monday's razor - Occams Enoch
Monday's blade - Feather Super Professional
Monday's brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Monday's soap - Officina Artigiana
Monday's scent - Jack Covent Garden

Was it good? Too effing right it was.
Was there happy bunnyism? Too bloody right.
Did you visit a museum? Not today
Will there be a Japanese girly band to end on?
And will it include pandas?

15 June

Martin de Candre Original
Mühle Kosmo Silvertip Fibre
Mühle R41
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

94B77ECF-174D-4433-8438-E41AE12AC0E8.jpeg
What a good shave this morning. The Martin de Candre and Kosmo created a superb and plentiful lather, and the R41with the Feather produced a really close shave.

Wed 15 SOTD
Soap Stirling Varen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Shick Super Stainless 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
A very nice & strongly scented soap with a rich creamy and slick lather...woooo!!
An excellent shave with the razor paired with the blade. The blade in the razor feels really silky smooth and it was efficient too. 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs finish. The aftershave somehow matches the soap...but the indomitable Varen scent is more evident and lasted too...
20220615_142109.jpg

15/06/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk24  (5).JPGWk24  (5a).JPG
Oh Man! Vintage Wednesday does not come much better than that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom