SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

3BF85A59-6202-4683-8B91-D1D1E528C314.jpeg

SOTD: 15/12/2021

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Prep: Baxter’s face scrub.
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Just a lovely warm shave both with the water and the warming soap scent. The matching aftershave is on my list to acquire. The 6s is always a pleasure and today was no different!

Last night's shave and with the theme of choice being, 'My award winning bunch'

20211214_185826.jpg

@Mike Smart . It was always on the books

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts - Ikon B1
By jove that is a lovely bunch you have there - Dorco Prime
Oooo me nobbies. A bunch of grapes - Wee Whiskey Barrel
A bunch of fives - Signature Soaps Londinium
The Brady bunch - Jack perfume

I was with all good intentions going to write this up last night, but writing other shite on here took longer than expected due to continual interruptions. Finalising in 'Would you like to share a bottle of wine?'. And the world of SOTD's turned to rat shit.

Anyway, anyway, anyway here it is.

I think I wrote enough rubbish on all these accoutrements last night but all I can say is end results were as per expectations. Perfection followed by smelling like the outside of the local ASDA on a winters evening. Minus the lime. Spliffingly brilliant.

And the staff enjoyed a good toke in their rest break.

And you can have some more of those happy girls being happy

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2021-12-15
624Zdaf.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)

Today the cream made even better lather. Within moments, even being cautious about water addition, I had plenty of rich, thick lather for 3 passes. The cushion and glide were excellent, and the old cartridge razor sailed easily over my face. I did not use any aftershave, so that I could assess the post-shave skin feel from the cream; and now, an hour later, my skin is soft, supple, and not at all dried out. A wonderful shave. I'll write a full review of the cream after another shave or two with it.
gMqtKKQ.jpg

Wednesday AM 2021-12-15
624Zdaf.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)

Today the cream made even better lather. Within moments, even being cautious about water addition, I had plenty of rich, thick lather for 3 passes. The cushion and glide were excellent, and the old cartridge razor sailed easily over my face. I did not use any aftershave, so that I could assess the post-shave skin feel from the cream; and now, an hour later, my skin is soft, supple, and not at all dried out. A wonderful shave. I'll write a full review of the cream after another shave or two with it.
gMqtKKQ.jpg
Magic :love:

'The also rans' as the theme for this evening

20211215_151658.jpg

And another one of those semi-dangerous blurry razors

Not quite the winner - Claymore Evolution
Pushed in to 2nd place - Feather Proguard
I was once No.1 - Yaqi Dandelion
I had to share first place - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Sod off. Not good enough? - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

Maybe not outright winners, but this evening a superb showing proved them every bit worthy with a winning shave. The Evo with a Proguard is so buttery smooth. The Guards are not up there with the pro's for that ultimate sharp edge thing, but what they are, is superbly comfortable.

Everything else, expectations and some. Slap it all together in some sort of orderly fashion and voila ici, une fucking great shave. All to be topped with that coconut type of scent the Gorse manages to fill the air with.

Super, smashing

And complete with excessive quantities of cables, this evening it is over to Stereopony.

Thu 16 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Razor Clone Feather Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 4th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Very interesting indeed. End up not using the brush but rather just use fingers to spread the cream and built a thin but very slick layer...nice enough for the shave...have to do it thrice...for 3 passes...really love the scent!
Just an easy, silky smooth and very efficient razor/blade combination! 3 passes for an absolutely bbs finish. A splash of the AS...awesome!
20211216_071102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom