SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

SOTD : 11th December 2021.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Monsavon Au Lait.
Blade: Derby Premium.(1)
Razor: Mühle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Calvin Klein Eternity For Men ASL. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

( Mühle R89 & Merkur 34c week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend..After the fantastic shaves i had with the Edwin Jagger DE 89/Derby Usta duo last week, i was curious to try out and pair up the Derby Premium with both the Mühle R89 & Merkur 34c to see if i get the same successful results as i did with the EJ DE89/ Derby Usta duo.

It's been a while since i last added the Omega 10051 boar to my brush rotation, and realised how much of a good brush this stout little brush is for face lathering.

Starting with the Mühle R89 the Derby Premium blade felt smooth and comfortable. Another impressive comfortable razor & blade duo.

As always the monsavon soap provided a luxurious protective slick lather...The monsavon au lait has to be one my favourite shaving soap to date. It's slick, protective and the post shave feeling it gives is superb making each shave i have had with it has been an enjoyable pleasurable experience.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pickups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 11 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori 6th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + Ariana&Evans Kaizen Splash
Very nice soap! Good strong scent, super creamy and slick lather...
Haven't used this Kamisori in more than a month...missed it very much! A very nice enjoyable shave session for a dfs/ccs finish. Just 1 micro red tip on the upper lip. Aftershaves were awesome.
20211211_123641.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt211211k2kl2.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Dickens
- Boti "Blue" Silvertip
- 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Myrsol Plastic Shave aftershave

:D

DE9E6F15-E1A5-4968-9C3C-465871A15429.jpeg

SOTD: 11/12/2021

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Tabac, Hone 15 and my trusty Oumobrush silvertip. Just a delightful shave from start to finish, a great start to the weekend. Enjoy the day guys.

SOTD 11-Dec
20211211_101135.jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Drop 26mm Boar
Soap: Fine American Blend
Razor: Wolfman WR3 & Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)

Well thought I would do a small comparison on day 4. One side all WR3 the other all Sabre. Again I've put it under spoiler, so if you're not interested just ignore.

Build quality, I'm not an engineer or a machinist but the WR3 perhaps feels a little more solid, but they both feel bomb proof. The post on the Sabre is obviously a minor concern for longevity but if it wasn't the way it was it would lose a lot of its appeal being a smaller form, and to-date I've had no issues.

I won't compare the finish, I purposefully went for the machined finish on the Sabre so it wouldn't be fair. This WR3 is the standard finish and it is nice, even though wolfman are primarily known for polish I would still be more than happy with the standard.

General aesthetics, this is a tricky one. I love industrial designs so the WR3 appeals somewhat, the Sabre is nice enough but I think it's more function over form - the obvious priority. Handle wise, the wolfman wins out for me. This obviously isn't linked solely to this head alone so for comparison purposes of the format it doesn't really matter.

Blade loading, the Sabre is a lot easier to load as the post obviously goes through the blade. That's not to say the WR3 is difficult, but when I load it with the edge sitting in front of the posts the back end of the blade is raised off the plate, so when putting the top cap on if I knock the blade slightly it shifts out of position. This may be me having a special moment and there's a more straightforward way of doing it.

I'm not going to get into details with 'blade feel' as frankly my skin isn't so sensitive that I can tell minor differences, which in itself says something. Possibly, and I say possibly, the WR3 may have a little more feel. The weight on the WR3 head I like, this puts it ahead of the Sabre for myself. But in the actual shave finish and skin feel afterwards, nothing between them for me.

Manoeuvrability, not even a question, the Sabre is the one. The head on the WR3 has a lot of empty space at the back end to house the post which obviously increases the size.

If I was offered both for free which would I go for, I think it would have to be the Sabre for me. Though I will likely be getting myself on the list at some point for the WR2 and this handle as I was impressed with the workmanship.

I'm done with the standard head now, so I'll try the prototype (brace myself!) over the next couple of days then I'll clean it up and make arrangements to get it sent to the next lucky recipient.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 11-Dec
View attachment 81330
Brush: AP Lemon Drop 26mm Boar
Soap: Fine American Blend
Razor: Wolfman WR3 & Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)

Well thought I would do a small comparison on day 4. One side all WR3 the other all Sabre. Again I've put it under spoiler, so if you're not interested just ignore.

Build quality, I'm not an engineer or a machinist but the WR3 perhaps feels a little more solid, but they both feel bomb proof. The post on the Sabre is obviously a minor concern for longevity but if it wasn't the way it was it would lose a lot of its appeal being a smaller form, and to-date I've had no issues.

I won't compare the finish, I purposefully went for the machined finish on the Sabre so it wouldn't be fair. This WR3 is the standard finish and it is nice, even though wolfman are primarily known for polish I would still be more than happy with the standard.

General aesthetics, this is a tricky one. I love industrial designs so the WR3 appeals somewhat, the Sabre is nice enough but I think it's more function over form - the obvious priority. Handle wise, the wolfman wins out for me. This obviously isn't linked solely to this head alone so for comparison purposes of the format it doesn't really matter.

Blade loading, the Sabre is a lot easier to load as the post obviously goes through the blade. That's not to say the WR3 is difficult, but when I load it with the edge sitting in front of the posts the back end of the blade is raised off the plate, so when putting the top cap on if I knock the blade slightly it shifts out of position. This may be me having a special moment and there's a more straightforward way of doing it.

I'm not going to get into details with 'blade feel' as frankly my skin isn't so sensitive that I can tell minor differences, which in itself says something. Possibly, and I say possibly, the WR3 may have a little more feel. The weight on the WR3 head I like, this puts it ahead of the Sabre for myself. But in the actual shave finish and skin feel afterwards, nothing between them for me.

Manoeuvrability, not even a question, the Sabre is the one. The head on the WR3 has a lot of empty space at the back end to house the post which obviously increases the size.

If I was offered both for free which would I go for, I think it would have to be the Sabre for me. Though I will likely be getting myself on the list at some point for the WR2 and this handle as I was impressed with the workmanship.

I'm done with the standard head now, so I'll try the prototype (brace myself!) over the next couple of days then I'll clean it up and make arrangements to get it sent to the next lucky recipient.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
Great review!

Back
Top Bottom