SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

IMG_0226.jpg

This was my Covid pre-booster shave, one does like to present as smooth a face as possible for the medical profession. :)

However, this shave taught me a lesson, which was; “Remember that Feather blades can be bitey on their first use.” So it proved, as I was lulled into a false sense of security by the smoothness of the 6S and my usual plate 4. It made no difference, multiple spots of redness over areas where there really should be none.

Possibly I didn’t use enough soap. Possibly I used too much pressure.

Luckily the mask hid my shaving marks of shame.

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: Castle Forbes Lime Balm
Bowl: QShave scuttle

View attachment 81665
This morning -

razor - Mergress (2)
blade - Trig Silver Edge (7 and out)
brush - Yaqi High Mountain White
soap - TDS Patchouli & Vetiver
post - rosewater & glycerin
a/s - LPL Apricot
balm - Weleda
scent - Essence Vault 381 (T d'Hermes)

Just great. I fulsomely and wholeheartedly apologise for being sniffy about the Treet blades before actually having used them properly. I fully expected them to be rougher than a Hindu Kush bus journey and to last as long as an Indian Pakistani ceasefire. Not so. I found them to be extremely comfortable and consistent - I think there might be a couple of shaves left in it but I'm not going to push my luck and I fancy a change of razor tomorrow. I'm not sure where I got them from but a keen eye might discern the hoof prints of #theemporium? All good - back into the shit show again gentlemen - take care and enjoy shaving - cheers - I.
Both the green & blue Treet Trig Silver Edge have impressed me too with their longevity and smoothness and have paired together wonderfully with each razor i have tried them with... As to say which is the better blade between the different coloured covers, IMHO they are the same blade just in different packaging for selling purposes like a lot of DE blades...Subcontinent made shaving products don't get the recognition they rightly deserve, probably down to fear ignorance, and brand snobbery....Take care. Yours- B.

Both the green & blue Treet Trig Silver Edge have impressed me too with their longevity and smoothness and have paired together wonderfully with each razor i have tried them with... As to say which is the better blade between the different coloured covers, IMHO they are the same blade just in different packaging for selling purposes like a lot of DE blades...Subcontinent made shaving products don't get the recognition they rightly deserve, probably down to fear ignorance, and brand snobbery....Take care. Yours- B.
Cheers B. - Useful to know about the packaging - as said, I found the Treet blades to be excellent, overall comfort was the stand out feature for me - the only subcontinental blades I have thus far used regularly are SuperMax Super Platinum from India. I've just been for a rummage in the blade box and found some Treet Dura Sharps - which I think are carbon steel? Give those a go. I'm sure you will be impressed that my razor choice for tomorrow is a Parker - which I know you are a big fan of. Namaste - I.

20211217_152409.jpg
SOTD 17th Dec
Brush - Omega S Brush 24mm
Soap - Stirling Campania
Razor - Rockwell 6c R5
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum #4
Post - Barts Balm Lime

That was a cracker of a shave.
The Rockwell was boringly brilliant once again - it is always faultless - every time. Very impressed by this blade too - mental note made.
And the scents and performance of both soap and balm were beautiful.
Take care all and enjoy your weekend's if you're not working.

Friday AM 2021-12-17
National Wright Brothers Day (First successful airplane flight on this date, 1903)
72Kodeq.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Ethos Grooming Peppermint body shave bar (prototype)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (1)
Woods of Windsor aftershave

I face-lathered this time with the bar and had much better results, with excellent lather. The 'New' blade felt rough, which isn't unusual with a blade's first shave, but I even got a couple nicks; for me it's just not as good as the Light Brigade.
V4mHG9L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom