SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

11/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - P&B Star Noir
Razor - Gillette Fatboy F2 1960 #4
Blade - Perma sharp supreme (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 50 (1).JPG
I find these vintage blades to pull a little for the first couple of strokes on each edge then they really smooth out.
A very nice shave with this Old Boy, they did not get much wrong when they put these razors together.
A nice shave finished with the 4711 which pairs well with the Star Noir.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Sotd-11-12-21.png
This morning -

razor - Merkur Megress (2)
blade - Treet - Trig Silver Edge (1 - what's the worst that can happen? I'll try anything once, except incest & line-dancing.)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Tds Lavender
post - rosewater & glycerin
a/s - Quorum
balm - Weleda
scent - Caldey Island edt.

The poodle's from start to finish. I was delighted to be gifted some Tds soap and went for the lavender first - a really unusual take on the theme - very nice indeed. Not much scent-wise in the tub but opens out beautifully - woody resin on top of the lavender. I'm a big fan of their soap base and was intrigued to see 'shungite water' listed in the ingredients. WTF? Turns out shungite is a carbon mineraloid that is named for the village in Russia where it was first isolated. Historically used to filter water, rendering it safe to drink - which it is verifiably good at. Here ends the science - it also turns out to be very popular with graduates of the 'David Icke School of Medicine,' who claim that it is efficacious for everything from resetting your chakras to protecting me from the Covid causing EMF radiation emitted by 5G telephone masts. No shit - I'm not making this up. I would have been happy with a nicely scented, slick and protective lather - so the added benefits make it a win-win product! I knew there was something wrong with my chakras - I feel a whole lot better now. Shave well - one and all - I.

@Paul L - thank you for not only the soap but also the gift of life! ;)

Sat 11th December

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Spitfire
Schick Type I1
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 4 )
P & B Spitfire A/S splash

Always good after a rather poor Shave to have a good one. Today was a real pleasure, so smooth and had no problems getting a rather Face Stroking finish.
Hope those of you out Xmas Shopping stay safe. Quite glad we now only do presents for the really young ones in the Family.

15993CF2-901A-4E34-B1F7-D09F43D58D19.jpeg

Saturday AM 2021-12-11
National Lost & Found Day
PhltcNi.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
yTLBl4G.jpg

264012473_382604820284844_6137467714957717995_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Rose Soap
Soap: Catie's Bubbles A Midnight Dreary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Suoper Blue (1)

A successful shave spoiled by scents ;) Disappointingly I just don't get the soap, and I've passed it over to the wife, who quite likes the dark patchouli vibe to it. The Spacequest is rather close to Lidl's X Bolt (Boss Bottled) and it's not for me. I can live with one of the Polish purchases not doing it for at a couple of quid a pop. The shave itself was great though!

Had the grandchildren today, but this morning, reasonably early, I thought I'd keep on with the Ever-Ready and the same Gem blade.

I'm at 5 or 6 shaves with this now and it's still going through like a hot knife through butter. :D

Droid and Floid smell wonderful and lasted much of the day.

Possibly same combo tomorrow, although the ball-handled Tech has arrived, so once I'm done cleaning it up, that may get a run out. instead.

Enjoy the weekend
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20211211_195900__01.jpg
    IMG_20211211_195900__01.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 7
The poodle's from start to finish. I was delighted to be gifted some Tds soap and went for the lavender first - a really unusual take on the theme - very nice indeed. Not much scent-wise in the tub but opens out beautifully - woody resin on top of the lavender. I'm a big fan of their soap base and was intrigued to see 'shungite water' listed in the ingredients. WTF? Turns out shungite is a carbon mineraloid that is named for the village in Russia where it was first isolated. Historically used to filter water, rendering it safe to drink - which it is verifiably good at. Here ends the science - it also turns out to be very popular with graduates of the 'David Icke School of Medicine,' who claim that it is efficacious for everything from resetting your chakras to protecting me from the Covid causing EMF radiation emitted by 5G telephone masts. No shit - I'm not making this up. I would have been happy with a nicely scented, slick and protective lather - so the added benefits make it a win-win product! I knew there was something wrong with my chakras - I feel a whole lot better now. Shave well - one and all - I.
Did you see the advert for this shaving soap ?

rb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom