SOTD: Saturday 10 September - Friday 16 September 2022.

16682992-E2E7-486A-AF67-F5408A5CAA6D.jpeg
SOTD: 12/09/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My favourite Stirling soap and you can’t knock the base, load and lather it well and it’s as good as anything else out there.

12/9/22

Razor - NINGFENG SHAVER
Blade - Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - Arko Stick
Post - Lea Balm/Alum
AS - Brutal Classic

The mighty @saj sent me a quite an interesting single edge razor, it uses one side of a double edge razor blade, with the other side covered with the shave angle set by the shape of the head. Upon the first stroke on my cheeks, I could tell the blade was chattering like anything and I was quite simply terrified! It has quite a significant blade gap and I was asking myself why I used this razor with a Gillette Nacet, one of the sharpest blades I own. I completed one pass, and that was enough! It wasn't actually as aggressive as I was expecting but the blade feel was very strange, it felt like it was very loose in the razor head.

As it was a razor that Saj sent me, it would have been wrong to use it with anything else other than a lather made by the smiling Arko Man.

May the Arko man with his face full of bountiful lather bring wealth and prosperity to us all.

IMG_20220912_151515.jpg

12/9/22

Razor - NINGFENG SHAVER
Blade - Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - Arko Stick
Post - Lea Balm/Alum
AS - Brutal Classic

The mighty @saj sent me a quite an interesting single edge razor, it uses one side of a double edge razor blade, with the other side covered with the shave angle set by the shape of the head. Upon the first stroke on my cheeks, I could tell the blade was chattering like anything and I was quite simply terrified! It has quite a significant blade gap and I was asking myself why I used this razor with a Gillette Nacet, one of the sharpest blades I own. I completed one pass, and that was enough! It wasn't actually as aggressive as I was expecting but the blade feel was very strange, it felt like it was very loose in the razor head.

As it was a razor that Saj sent me, it would have been wrong to use it with anything else other than a lather made by the smiling Arko Man.

May the Arko man with his face full of bountiful lather bring wealth and prosperity to us all.

View attachment 93308
Mr Arko would be proud of you lol

Yea cheapo razor but not bad for what it is, I used two feathers in it, I like that it takes two whole de blades instead of the russian razor which takes two blade but you have to snap one in to piece pop them in, forgot what the russian razor is called but it's hybrid too open comb and closed comb too which I like too

Monday AM 2022-09-12
Birthdate in 1931 of George Jones, country music singer known as 'The Possum'
Eoa3Edu.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Ebony Finest (24/57)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Common Bar
Personna 74 Tungsten (17)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
OFqCvWd.jpg

Tue 13 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave B&M Cheshire Balm
Impeccable soap & matching balm. Nicely scented and capable of a rich creamy slick lather...
Nice razor to remove a 2 day's growth (missed shaving yesterday). Smooth and comfortable edge in 3passes for a ccs-sas finish without any issues.
20220913_100949.jpg

306058736_3388597741374678_7705432860761582727_n.jpg

Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)

Nice, nice, nice. Dunno if the TDS stuff is still importable with the Russia/Ukraine situation, but I'm low on much of the stuff I raved about when it first arrived :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom