SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

PXL_20230613_143259499~2.jpg
June 13. 2013.

Razor - Ever- Ready - Streamline
Blade - Personna Gem
Soap - Valobra - Unscented
Brush - Alpha / Thater - Bully Boy silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper.
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Tea Tonique - Miller Harris Edp

An outstanding shave, the E-R Streamline with a Gem blade is one of my favourite SE razors, the Valobra soap is one of my all time favourites and the Alpha/Thater collaboration Bully Boy brush is great all round!
The conclusion to this shave was perfectly shaven, super smooth skin that felt soft and supple.
It can't get much better!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy.

Paul.

13/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Proraso Green Cream
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22m
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade - Sharp Titanium (4)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Denim Black

A bit of a guilty secret but I don't really get on as well with my Flat Bottom Tech as well as I do with a few Techs with triangular slots. As it's the Tech month, I think I will spend a bit more time using the FBT. It combined beautifully with the Sharp Titanium for an incredibly comfortable and close shave.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20230613_145517.jpg

13/06/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - OSP No.08
Wk 24 (4).jpg
Early shave, late post.
I've been a bit busy.
Stay sage and enjoy your day all.

13/06/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - OSP No.08
View attachment 107368
Early shave, late post.
I've been a bit busy.
Stay sage and enjoy your day all.
That's a beautiful handle on your brush.

20230613_164015.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi Aqua 24mm fan.
Soap The end.
Razors Gillette English Flat Bottom Fat handle Tech.
Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
Aftershave The End.
I am enjoying being part of Tech June-kies 2023, I thought I would be bored and want to go back to my Hawk etc.
You have seen more S.O.T.D posts from me lately purely because Techs are mild razors and allow me to shave every day rather than just every other day, yes I am lazy usually lol.
Still no mirror finish shave but definitely a great shave and I tell my wife everyday, " Look at me babe, I am smoother than a new born, smell amazing and most of all I am all yours you lucky lucky gal" she just rolls her eyes and starts running shouting something about a sudden migraine hmmmmm.
Have a cracking evening all.
Ps, couldn't resist having Bruce Lee in the background because if you didn't know already, he was nearly as awesome as me lol and I am a massive fan.

Tuesday AM 2023-06-13
Patent date in 1922 of the first hand dryer, Groton, NY
CzJrDLy.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Bleu de Chanel aftershave
Jb5bquA.jpg

 Pre - hot shower with Signature Soaps dragon's blood body soap.
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Mokka Express mew brown synthetic.
Soap - Signature Soaps Wicstun.
Razor/Blade - Muhle Rocca R94 & Wizamet SI (4).
Pre - Thayer's Cucumber WH with La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 balm.
AS - Pecksniff's (excuse the name) professional lemon, Cedar & Amber EDT.IMG_20230613_214936.jpg

Due to life my first entry for this week of SOTD's arrives rather late. In fact by my already poor attendance record of recent many may well have forgotten who I am. While many may wish to forget me by choice there is of course those who never cared in the first place. But here I am and just to introduce myself once again I am of course, that man, the Prince of darkness or the Prince of writing utter shite.

To make up for my absence I reappear sporting not a beard, but a whole host of shaves from the past four days. A new one on me, four for the price of one. Oh the generosity from Satan towers. Or soon to be Satan three bed semi if life goes the right way.

And here it all is in its upmost glory and a collective of shaves themed, 'A smear of shaves'. Partially stolen from the collective noun for a bunch of gynecologists. At sea we call it a brothel of gynecologists, but we may be talking about a different form of interest in gynecological matters here.

Saturday

20230610_184407.jpg

A razor from a few days back - Stainless Mongoose
A blade to match - Feather Super Professional
The MCFC brush - Highlander big Cashmere
A soap for all seasons - Signature Soaps Londinium
And a scent for all reasons - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

Even though I am a 'secret red' by choice since moving in to Liverpool nearly 40 years ago, it didn't stop me coming out in support for Manchester City over the weekend in their quest to win the Champions League, which of course they won. Anything to rub against Inter Milan. Of course if it was Manchester United I would have been Italian all the way.

But being football has very little to do with shaving other than some crappy Gillette advert with some footballer or other stating 'The best a man can get'. I would argue differently as long as the end result wasn't a case of Gonorrhea. Anyway, I do recall it being a wonderful end result and a definite one nil all the way for the Mongoose and friends. I wouldn't have expected lesser with such a bunch of trusty tried and tested accoutrements.

And a song?

Sunday

20230611_192441.jpg

Sunday bloody Sunday - Tatara Nodachi
Sunday girl - Feather (2)
Every day is like Sunday - HIVE-2
Lazing on a Sunday afternoon - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Blue Sunday - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

After a previously wonderful shave with the Tatara and a Feather expectations were high. Now I know Feathers are notorious for their short life, but this blade was diabolical on only a second outing. I kind of struggled to the end of the shave and with a face as rough as a badger's arse I retired to bed to wear the pillow down with the sandpaper like residue. Even Mrs Satanfriendly wouldn't come near me.

Nb. Must try blades on their last legs more often

And a song for Sunday?

Monday

20230612_154104.jpg

Maniac Monday - Ikon B1
Rainy days and Monday - Gillette 7 O'Clock (not endorsed by a footballer because they don't shaving from shit)
Monday morning blues reds - Highlander LFC brush
Come Monday - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Monday Monday - Goutal Eau de Monsieur

A polar opposite to the Sunday. A blade which must be on its 6th or 7th outing and perfection all the way. The only reason I binned it at the end was just in case my next reach for the Ikon didn't result in Sunday's disappointment. Forward thinking which is something I rarely exercise beyond the next two minutes when my memory goes in to...?...or....??...something or...fish? I just can't bloody remember.

A very grin inducing shave from a razor and shaving mates who know how to perform. I don't.

And of course by now the Machester City thing had worn off and a return to being a true secret red.

And another song? Never heard of these before but may as well give them a whirl. A bit like Baby Metal with a few extra dancing singing girlies thrown in for good measure.

And finally today, Tuesday

20230613_174719.jpg
Green Oyster Cult - Stainless Mongoose
Green onions - feather Super professional
Green green grass to smoke - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Greensleeves - MDC Fougere
Green Day - M&S Spiced Amber

Why oh why are Fetaher DE blades not a touch on their SE's? God knows how many shaves this Feather has churned out but it just goes on and on and on. In a similar sense to myself. Brilliance all the way and a very green smooth shave.

I shan't prattle on much more as I may well end up finalising this SOTD as the sun rises. But I shall leave you with....

'Shavers? Twats'

And.......Some early Trident with their over enthusiastic drummer Juna. Now an in demand session drummer since leaving

Before I go my merry way just need to remind you, I love you all

Back
Top Bottom