SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

SotD 15/06/23.

The post lady dropped this off earlier.
I do really like her.

Tatara Muramasa Adjustable...

Big thanks to Finn Blackman Slickboys for shipping this so quickly much appreciated mate .

The Refresher Chew didn't sit there long today my blood sugar was low!!!

My 2nd go with this razor as I didn't appreciate how good it was 1st time around.

Very very rare for me to shave 2 days on the bounce but it seemed a shame not to give it a go as I was melting mid morning & showering anyway...

Another 1st for me was the PAA CK6 soap never tried it before as the CK1 Soaps gave me a bad reaction for some reason ??

Very happy to report the shave was really nice & comfortable & the soap was a beauty super slick & great scent .
Seems I've been missing out for a while now....

Pre: - Warm Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor: - Tatara Muramasa (4&2)
Blade: - Razolution (New)
Brush: - Leonidam Molten Core 2 Band
S&S: - PAA Droid Black

Apologies for droning on.

Happy Shaves To All .

How do you lose 50 Nacet blades???

I think the guy has more blades than Connaught Shaving!

15/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - La Toja Stick
Brush - ApShaveCo SynBad 22mm
Razor - Gillette Aluminium Tech
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Stainless (1)
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Bi-Es Max

The La Toja stick really does produce a glorious lather, I think it's one of the better vegan lathers around. A nice shave with my Aluminium Tech which I'm growing to appreciate with each additional shave.

Anyway gents, have a good day.

Henson AL13 - Treet carbon Classic - Simpson Case pure - Antica Barberia - Floid mentally vigorous - Proraso pre/post green.

The sweet and rich balsamic notes of the soap were a nice alternative to the usual menthol/citrus hit on another warm day. The Mondial lather was excellent - I must use it more often. Enjoy yours - cheers -
I.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Paladin Cleo 26/52mm Bulb in Cobalt
Soap/Cream:- The Famous Old Lady Hangbag (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SS Polished / Feather Hi-Stainless #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- The Famous Old Lady Hangbag

Last Klimpt to sell for £65million, a stunner! It would take a win on the European lottery though Ian, unless you have some loose change

Thursday 15 June
A bit late for my SOTD post but better late……….
FATIP il Piccolo, with open and closed combs used today, left cheek right cheek, daft I know but if there are two Comb in the box, then use two combs I say!
Dinky little vintage Evans synthetic easily deposited the nicely scented C&E Sandalwood on my chops. Astra Extra Stainless 3rd use then did the job bbs in 2 passes plus pick ups. To be honest I prefer the open comb as this seemed to cut closer and more easily than the closed comb but both did a fine job.
Have a great evening fellas!

Razor = Rockwell 6c ( 4 )
Blade = Treet Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Alpha 400 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Stirling Scott’s Pine Sheep
with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick.

Last Shave for me in the homeland before jetting off to not so better a place.
After seeing a wonderful few items up for sale on the bst i decided to get two brushes,
Chubby 1 & Chubby 2.
As the day went on most things were niggling away at me,
my head was all over the place, i couldn’t concentrate,
The wife thought i was having a break down,
She said what’s wrong in a concerned voice.
i looked at her with piercing eyes like i was ready to attack
then i said it
There’s more stuff on the BST & my heads burst
So without further a do i took the plunge it was still there a wonderful shiny Rockwell 6c
Did i need another Razor No
Did i want another Razor No
Have i ever wanted a 6c again No
but the power of the bst drew me in,
i. couldn’t escape its clutches so whilst i was wallowing in my new shiny i went full hog & got this soap & splash in to the bargain.
The Razor for me is very good
it shaves very well however as you would expect with a cheaper item it’s not a patch on the 6s in terms of build quality.
For me the threads are a bit on the sticky side but nothing of concern & another fantastic addition of to my already getting on my nerves Den.
The Soap is also a first for me,
I thought i bought a couple of Stirling soaps last year but i clearly haven’t so i don’t know what i bought.
The Performance was what we’ve all come to expect from modern soaps,
i can’t fault it at all although the scent was neither here or there,
I liked it but strength wise it’s probably a 3 or 4
however the splash was much better,
The pine was much more significant and a wonderful way to finish a shave.
So offski tomorrow,
iv got an overnight in Singapore so a couple of Singapore Slings & a few beers will be the order of the day before taking a ferry to Bintan Island.
Enjoy your weekend when it comes & as always stay safe.

Top of the ten I hope!
Best Regards
Brian