SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

14/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2 Not chipped.
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
Wk 07 (5) Loading.jpg
Pull out and push the magazine to eject old and insert new blades
Wk 07 (5a) Loaded.jpg
New blade seated.
Wk 07 (5a) Ready.jpg
Twist the head into position and you're ready to go.
The signature soaps are just so easy to use and i always get great results.
3 passes today for a very close BBS result. I did get a little sting from the Alum rub.
Everything ok after my post shave routine. The Barts Nevis is coming to an end.
What an enjoyable shave from a wonderful Vintage bit of design and engineering.
Enjoy your day all.

IMG_20240208_164351.jpgDespite a few days' growth the razor and blade combined with the legendary "fat" produced a great shave in two passes and an excellent one in three plus touch-ups.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Schick Injector I1 (gold with white handle, 1955-58)
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus Injector (vintage)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Imperial Leather Aftershave lotion, 1950s or 1960s

SOTD: 14/02/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy this Valentine’s Day!

Razor = Ikon B1 OSS
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Boar Stoat Custom
Soap = Geo F Trumper Oxford Blue
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Original.
IMG_0793.jpegOk Lads i hope everyone is doing well.
i haven’t been on here much in the past week or so as i was flat out getting ready to head to Angola.
I hadn’t shaved for 4 days which just isn’t me but then i head to Angola on Saturday.
Cut a long story short i arrive 30 hours later with no luggage my worst scenario ever.
Luckily i always have underwear & socks in my hand luggage due to this happening before on a few occasions.
My constant fear when travelling is losing my brushes.
Razors can be replaced but custom made brushes can’t so that’s my new lesson they go in carry on luggage from now on.
The Upshot is my luggage arrived this morning & to my amazement hadn’t been tampered with.
It’s now been 8 days without a shave & i look like the littlest hobo or sting of the dump or both.
The most aggressive razor i have with me is the Ikon B1 which isn’t that aggressive but decided that was the razor for the job.
The Oxford Blue i like a lot but haven’t used it nearly enough,
It’s not like these other Non usable Trumpers soaps,
This one is good.
3 passes of the luxurious lather was more than plenty for a wonderful BBS.

oh i haven’t read the ingredients on this so unsure if it’s a fat february shave.
Happy Valentine’s day to all you romantics out there

20240214_135205.jpg

Fat February shave.
My Shave today consisted of..
Prep Proraso preshave bal
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Faena.
Razors Occam's Oren and Raz=r
Blade Feather Pro
Aftershave Jimmy Choo.

Still faithful to the fat and not sinned by using something else ha ha ha.

Lovely shave today and ready for a long night of loving and being spoilt by the good wife. I just hope her husband does not finish work early ;)

Have a great night every and Happy Valentine's.

Valentines Day Love GIF

Wednesday 14th February

ABLVV84_PL3ommV7Yd3IPyow2_gqkOI_qX1_HuEwx_72K_9c88wVLqQDM990txrCwuBwiwELr241B6MQkaez9A3ZkrM29STL3GBGVG896OKZxpbob7KabRj0R36AyyaLJzFK1VIQM41U58_X5x6jNUFb6NoWzw=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap & Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
PAL Injectomatic & Schick (Chick) (2)
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Twin Injector (11)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Nah! I'm not enjoying the PAL/Chick combo ... so switched mid-shave to my Gillette Twinjector with a Japanese Schick twin injector blade. Chalk and cheese. Night and day. Fire and ice. Heaven and hell. You get the picture.

I don't know if it's the razor or the blade, but referring to what I said on Monday it has been a number of years since I've used a regular injector and back then moved the lot along because I didn't get on with 'em. I did like the Gillette Twinjector. It's always worth trying something again, but it didn't work out. Again, dunno if it's the razor or the blade and again, back then the PAL was one of teh very few injector razors that I could get anything like a decent shave out of and back then, I used Chick blades. I wonder if the PALs would take a twin injector blade - does anyone know? Maybe @Electrif or @mpf9ret?

Loving the Haslinger. Loving the aftershave.

It's rather good :) only one shave in but I'm very impressed. It's how I imagined it would be first time i bought some but wasn't. If they keep this formulation I'll always have it on the shelf, and it's probably my favourite scented soap.
Brill! So glad you're now able to enjoy this treat!

To me, the first reformulation made the soap so much more like the London Cartel triple-milled soaps (maybe you do or maybe you don't like them?), which was no bad thing at all ... and it had the addition of lanolin. With this new reformulation, it's that ... and it's recaptured all the positives of the classic tallow recipe without that lathering oddity.

Yeah, super! Really glad!

Interesting shave tonight, discovered what caused the few poor I shaves had a few months back. So far this year I have used a few blades/soaps but stuck to my trusty Pearl Blaze, had some lovely shaves with no nicks, irritation etc.

Tonight I picked up my new Pearl Hammer, and foolishly put my hand on Zingari shave soap, one pass and carnage, two nicks shave rash and irritation.... Is the new razor a dud? Another pass, shocker again, third nick and the red neck of irritation well on the way.

Alum block, cold water whipped up some MWF to wash off as much as I can. Just for fun grabbed some MWF and tried a completely pointless third pass, hmm things may be shaving as they should.

Casting my mind back the Zingari was in rotation when I had a run of bad shaves before I went back to the trusty injector setup, including different soap.

Unfortunately the jury is still out on the razor until the next shave, but lesson learned on the soap front, this one is not for me and destined for the bin.

I guess the confirmation will be on the next shave, MWF it is.

Stay well all

Pearl hammer
Oumu gel tipped badger
Permasharp (1)
Zingari man the wanderer
MWP (finish the job)
Alum block
Nivea sensitive balm

Back
Top Bottom