SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

L’Oreal exfoliating face wash
Savonnaire du Moulin
Shavemac TSR LE 2015
Wolfman WR1 WH2 OC
Personna Lab blue #2
Bulldog moisturiser

Didn’t shave yesterday but noticed dry dead skin patch on right cheek so used exfoliating face wash to remove before using gentle non scented shave soap followed up with an application of moisturiser, the Winter weather and indoor central heating punishing for skin.

13/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 07 (4).jpg
All ready to take Mrs TC out for a spot of late lunch.
Enjoy your day all.

dropped the ceramic dish holding holding this MWF sliver and it broke apart. I managed to save the soap and microwave it into another bowl but I've learned my lesson now. it has happened twice before over the years, once with a glass bowl that cut my hand when it hit the tap as I was holding it while lathering, so only plastic bowls from now on.
I just took delivery this morning of a plastic shaving bowl for this very reason.It hasn’t happened yet but it’s only a matter of time before I drop my ceramic one(I’ve got previous history with bottles of aftershave) :)

13 February

TOBS St. James
Simpson M7
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Proraso Sensitive balm

AF9413D6-4B5A-41A6-B4FF-A88622D8C5C4.jpeg
I use mainly synthetic brushes now and this morning I didn’t load enough cream in the M7. My mistake. I had a thin lather on the second pass, but a quick squeeze of the brush fixed it enough for a perfectly good two pass shave. Thanks M7.

SOTD Tuesday 13 February 2024

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Zing Organics 'Smoothie' Facial Serum + Beard Oil in Cannabis Flower with Cedarwood and Green Mandarin.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Ca.pra Verbia.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: TATARA Masamune Closed Comb.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol formulae 'K' and Tabula Rasa (Cool blue).

IMG_0168.jpg

I have been intrigued by the Masamune for a while - got an email earlier this morning saying that Royal Mail was due to deliver #ShaveDelayed :)

I have been enjoying the Parker semi-slant, very much, but on opening the box, felt that I had to give the Masamune its first run out.

Excellent shave, as ever the Signature Carpa gave superb protection, glide and post shave feel. Shaving with the Masamune felt instictive, safe - a 2 pass DFS+/BBS- finish with no issues to report. A pleasurable WTG and XTG series of passes.

Skin still feels amazing; if I can remember tomorrow I'll try with MWF.

The shave was a high point of the day; very sad and shocked to here of Steve Wright's passing - a talent taken far to soon.

All the best,

Chris

Tuesday 13th February

ABLVV84_PL3ommV7Yd3IPyow2_gqkOI_qX1_HuEwx_72K_9c88wVLqQDM990txrCwuBwiwELr241B6MQkaez9A3ZkrM29STL3GBGVG896OKZxpbob7KabRj0R36AyyaLJzFK1VIQM41U58_X5x6jNUFb6NoWzw=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap & Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
PAL Injectomatic & Schick (Chick) (2)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Better, this evening ... I think I maintained a more consistent angle. Less angry along my jawline and smoother around my mouth. Yeah! Getting there. Bloomin' loving the aftershave!

SOTD Tue 13 Feb 2024

Are we there yet? Shave
8811113F-46CD-4DC9-9D5F-F1D1CE75B257.jpegPrep - shower
Bowl - glass
Soap - MWF (new formulation)
Brush - Clubman Pinaud synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Mastermind EDT

Was this the great shave I expected, no. It was good, the fat (now I have some control) was lush and protective. Why did I use an Astra blade? No idea, I know that I’m never that keen (especially the first use) but when I opened up the razor to clean it and remove the blade, there it was, grinning at me! So that explains the sore neck and irritation. It must have been the first one I picked up (I keep a few that are going to be used shortly next to my bowl) that’ll teach me for not paying attention, I was too keen to get lathering! Still a good shave though, just could have been more comfortable.

8EE3D527-2A64-4D9E-90E1-DB6761CB4BD4.jpeg
Are you sure you can’t smell sheep?
Yeah, positive.
Because I definitely keep getting a whiff of wet wool!
Oh, errrm, sorry, can’t help you there!

SOTD Tuesday 13 February 2024

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Zing Organics 'Smoothie' Facial Serum + Beard Oil in Cannabis Flower with Cedarwood and Green Mandarin.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Ca.pra Verbia.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: TATARA Masamune Closed Comb.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol formulae 'K' and Tabula Rasa (Cool blue).

View attachment 116986

I have been intrigued by the Masamune for a while - got an email earlier this morning saying that Royal Mail was due to deliver #ShaveDelayed :)

I have been enjoying the Parker semi-slant, very much, but on opening the box, felt that I had to give the Masamune its first run out.

Excellent shave, as ever the Signature Carpa gave superb protection, glide and post shave feel. Shaving with the Masamune felt instictive, safe - a 2 pass DFS+/BBS- finish with no issues to report. A pleasurable WTG and XTG series of passes.

Skin still feels amazing; if I can remember tomorrow I'll try with MWF.

The shave was a high point of the day; very sad and shocked to here of Steve Wright's passing - a talent taken far to soon.

All the best,

Chris
Thanks Chris, glad you liked it. Best wishes, Brian.

Back
Top Bottom