SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

Monday 12th February

ABLVV84_PL3ommV7Yd3IPyow2_gqkOI_qX1_HuEwx_72K_9c88wVLqQDM990txrCwuBwiwELr241B6MQkaez9A3ZkrM29STL3GBGVG896OKZxpbob7KabRj0R36AyyaLJzFK1VIQM41U58_X5x6jNUFb6NoWzw=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap & Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
PAL Injectomatic & Schick (Chick) (1)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

It has been some years since I last used a PAL Injectomatic ... in fact, some years since I've used an injector razor (other than the Gillette Twinjector, which is really more like a Trac-II in use) but think I clicked back in pretty well despite being maybe a little patchy around the chops and veritably dermaplaned down my jawline ... but not blood! I also seem to recall that a fresh Chick can be a bit of a handful and so not particulaly worried by any of that. Decent enough shave but I think with a few more, I'll click with the format again quite happily ... and so, it'll be my setup for the week.

First proper go with my newly acquired DR Harris Sandalwood aftershave (bought from @Mr. Blonde via BST) and I am very happy to say that this is right up my street as an aftershave. The camphor was very welcome, what with the exciting shave I just had. Lovely stuff! I've got the DR Harris Pink and really enjoy that, so kinda knew what I'd be in for and it does not disappoint. Cheers!

Monday 12 February
The Wilko Sticky is an excellent TTO razor and it continued on the fine history of the brand from the early Pall Mall stropping razor days. Today however, my attention must have drifted during the shave as I must have turned the twist handle a tad which allowed the blade doors to lift slightly. This is not normally an advisable way to shave as blade gap can quickly go off the scale. Fair play to the Sticky as feedback was instant and I corrected it before any damage was done. Phew!
The Londinium is a favourite of mine, creamy and great scent of lime. The Old Spice is indeed old stock off the Bay, but still has that evocative smell with memories of my youth when it was my “go to“ aftershave before a night out. Actually I might have borrowed it from my Dad and suspect that I shaved infrequently in those days :unsure: , but what a great feeling to splash it on!

Enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 116946
Thank you. Best Regards Brian

Hallelujah, I finally got the fat properly lathered…
View attachment 116943
…look at that creamy stuff, stick a raspberry on top and I could have had it for pudding!

Brill! You think that's good now, well with a few more shaves it'll just get better now you've the knack.

I would encourage you to wring out even more water from the brush so it feels almost counter-intuitive. With a boar, I give the hydrated knot it a damn good squeeze and with synthetic, it's a case of wet it well, squeeze and even flick out remaining water. I face lather so don't listen to me at all for bowl lathering technique.

In honour of my friend @Rip my flesh conquering the fat I thought I better give my half of the soap a try and I’m pleased to report it’s excellent.I can’t tell much of a difference from my tallow one and this new one produced a superb lather.

Yep! The more I use it, the less difference I'm finding ... if anything, classic MWF is standing out as requiring a cautious lather. I think it's a win-win for Mitchell's, both better than the first reformulation and recapturing everything good about classic MWF.

SOTD: 13th February 2024.

a.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Real Shaving Company Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel/Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful effortless close comfortable face & head shave with the Merkur 37C.

The Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue has paired together so well with the Merkur 37C & FaTip Grande.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

2024-02-13-07-32-00-582~2.jpg
dropped the ceramic dish holding holding this MWF sliver and it broke apart. I managed to save the soap and microwave it into another bowl but I've learned my lesson now. it has happened twice before over the years, once with a glass bowl that cut my hand when it hit the tap as I was holding it while lathering, so only plastic bowls from now on.

after that though, I got a fantastic shave otherwise. this cherry Turkish cologne smells amazing. it was in a set of four spray bottles on clearance at labarbiera and I'd definitely buy this one again. I think it would go well with cherry almond crops like cella.

Tues 13th February

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
Hiram Commander- 2dot plate
Schick Proline ( 5 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

A bit behind today, so needed a quick Shave and Shower. Chose The Hiram Commander as it was so so good last time out. For me definitely wins the contest with The Enoch, as again it delivered a very quick but smooth/comfortable Shave and a good close finish.

IMG_0298.jpeg

Tuesday 13 February

A little bit of bling needed today to brighten up the grey and damp conditions. Step up to the plate the Merkur 34G (G for 24K gold plate).
The Omega 48 is a brute of a brush, it‘s probably big enough to emulsion a ceiling in no time and almost swamped the tiny Scheermonik soap in its tin. It’s also a good thing that the handle is hollow plastic and not solid.
I digress, two passes and pick ups delivered a very fine bbs finish, now for :coffee:.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0492.jpeg

The last few days I have been using Arko as I'm not at home and neglected to bring a lanolin-based shaving soap with me.
I'm looking forward to going back to the Kent, or starting a new tub of Hampshire Woolfat, when I return.

Razors have been the EJ 89 and the Gillette Bostonian (a long comb New) with the same Gillette Silver Blue blade.
Brushes have been a cheap Chinese Great Wall and the vulfix 404 Grosvenor (boar/badger mix I think)
Aftershaves: Old Spice Champion and Novon Barbershop Cologne.
Excellent shaves so far.

Back
Top Bottom