SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

Thursday 15th February

ABLVV85VI-LRpxGu8xEYFUrXa6g4Y-UR3y1I0D5-YZNIwQDgj0Rw-4NW7JCAIjCCu7qhJP3wN0wOPVg2Nr4hodawJiL9TvIumOj7jqM8ytJs386cjG-zfLWqghczBvCUf64zQxiuzMg8A6sZudjnEepNBOcF8w=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Vegetal 2024) Shaving Soap & Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Twin Injector (12)
DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave

Starting another back to back between MWF latest formulation (tonight) and the classic formula (tomorrow).

Gosh! The latest formulation really is an absolute delight!

ABLVV86qoE9SV_awbZ-u2CbnINMbBRsbexVZKbjeDYw1PFjLkfRGeCu0SnBRufNVAoR1WdHdWh8m0D7eAPyQGHaIwPZ8c37I6M1ZX3XTl9s6Uyto2rxuxytyIQhXZY1yogtaGOlYZ834BtaLSnY0wfYzO5nwTA=w800

Kitty was just as excited to see the latest formulation in action again.

15/2/24

Brush - Yaqi Cashmere
Soap - Razorock Gold Label
Razor - Gillette Slim Twist
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
AS - Akcay Tobacco

This particular soap goes under the radar and it also has lanolin on the ingredients list, so out it came for Fat February! It had been a while since I last used it, I completely forgot how it performs. Much to my surprise, it was an excellent performer, thick, slick and good cushion. The blade seemed to glide across my face. Excellent lather and shave.

IMG_20240215_191942.jpg

SOTD Thu 15 Feb 2024

Definitely nearly there, shave05AE43E3-A7AC-43D3-ABF5-14D452928157.jpeg
Prep - shower
Bowl - glass
Soap - MWF (new formulation)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Rainbow Super Class (?) (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Mastermind EDT

Refreshment - mug of tea made using a Ringtons mug bag (like a teabag, but bigger)

Starting to appreciate ‘the fat’ now, lovely shave, smooth, slick and comfortable. Great lather and the blade’s not bad either (apart from odd name, is it super or class or what?) Need a few more tries to be sure. But all good, so happy, happy!

486CCF0A-1079-417A-B14C-E5DBE42A365F.jpeg
Ok, it’s lanolin. I think I can smell lanolin.
What! Sorry how do you mean?
Lanolin, it’s from wool.
How do you know this?
Oh, I Dougaled it.
What, Dougaled it?
Yeah, you know, Dougal, that Red Setter that lives round the corner, I asked him, he knows EVERYTHING!
So you mean that you could tell which shaving soap had lanolin in?
Why are we suddenly talking about shaving soap?
Oh, no reason. That’s interesting though, good girl, good girl.
Hmmm (suspiciously)

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Alpha Outlaw Evo Ti, Rainbow Super Stainless blade (1)
Head - Leaf razor, Treet Platinum saloon blades
HC&C Southern Comfort - soap & splash
Alpha Outlaw brush (G5C knot)
Thayers coconut witch hazel
Nivea Active Age 6 in 1 Post Shave Balm

With 4 days growth I needed this shave, was flawless from start to finish with zero irritation afterwards...plus I'm smelling good .

1000010432.jpg

SOTD Thursday 15 February 2024

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Zing Organics 'Smoothie' Facial Serum + Beard Oil in Cannabis Flower with Cedarwood and Green Mandarin.
Soap: Signature Soaps - Capra Verbia.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: TATARA Masamune Closed Comb.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (day 3).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol formulae 'K' and Tabula Rasa (Cool blue).

Another great shave with the Masamune. I went back to the orginal set-up - as I really enjoyed the Signature Soaps - Capra Verbia, and the scent of the Myrsol formulae 'K', when I first shaved with the Masamune.

I had more time this morning, 3 passses at a stately pace - lovely have with no issues to report.

While there is possibly another 1 - 2 shaves available from the Gillette Yellow's, I may load with a feather tomorrow; I'm curious to see how the Masamune shaves with a sharper blade. I'm also curious on the difference between the closed and open comb base plates; ; I pulled the trigger and ordered the open comb.

All the best,

Chris

16/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1 Chipped original
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 07 (7).jpg
I just cannot bring myself to destroy the handle of this brush to save the knot, it still works fine with the chips smoothed out after i dropped it. I was thinking of popping the knot in the Vintage Woodbridge Culmak?
The General for me is the best AC "T" razor i have used, an absolute perfect match for me.
The Signature soaps really are up there for performance, loving them so far this month.
Enjoy your day all.

16 February

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

5031D409-7538-4159-95B3-019866727018.jpeg
A third smooth two pass shave, but, I think, the blade was going off a bit this morning. It didn’t feel quite as sharp today, or, maybe the prep was not good enough. Change of razor tomorrow.

Started with the Statum which would have been its fourth shave if it were sharp enough to complete it.
Instead I switched to the second for the Racer and had a decent shave.
Racer Platinum Super are very smooth blades. Not the sharpest but gentle and good enough.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat (US 1940s)
Blade: Racer Super Class Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat
Additional Care:
Zingari Recovery (unscented)

Fri 16th February

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Cyril Salter- MS ED2band
MWF
Hawk V3 - A plate
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Arko Classic Yagli cream

Rather annoyingly I have developed a couple of very sore areas around the chin, which rather hampered shaving in that area. Elsewhere all went well, just hope the Arko cream does its magic, and clears up the sore areas..Need to have a good a shave on Sunday as attending Granddaughters Birthday.

IMG_0299.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom