SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

158416248_2722154284762089_2964595739987704259_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia (from sample box)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Voskhod (3)

After a speedy delivery of the Signature soap box (cheers @Stanno ) I decided to commence trialing them as much on their own merits as possible. So no pre-shave, no balm, just lather it up and rinse it off.
Wow! That is possibly the slickest lather I've ever applied. There was no need for anything following my shower - the Hibernia was a perfect protective coating. I do not have on speck of irritation, and the problem spot on my neck is literally BBS! Using the Voskhod definitely gave me confidence to push the Hibernia further than I would with some other soaps. Just a little splash of 4711 as an afterthought and no balm - an hour later and my skin still feels awesome. And the scent's rather lovely too :) Cheers @BrianH for putting these out in the wild back in 2019. The levels left in the pots is testament to how many members have benefited from your gesture. Caledonia tomorrow then.....

Last edited:
View attachment 66032

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: ASignature Soaps Hibernia (from sample box)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Voskhod (3)

After a speedy delivery of the Signature soap box (cheers @Stanno ) I decided to commence trialing them as much on their own merits as possible. So no pre-shave, no balm, just lather it up and rinse it off.
Wow! That is possibly the slickest lather I've ever applied. There was no need for anything following my shower - the Hibernia was a perfect protective coating. I do not have on speck of irritation, and the problem spot on my neck is literally BBS! Using the Voskhod definitely gave me confidence to push the Hibernia further than I would with some other soaps. Just a little splash of 4711 as an afterthought and no balm - an hour later and my skin still feels awesome. And the scent's rather lovely too :) Cheers @BrianH for putting these out in the wild back in 2019. The levels left in the pots is testament to how many members have benefited from your gesture. Caledonia tomorrow then.....
Thanks. So glad you like it.

Seem to be made in China somewhere according to this.

Thanks Russ

Todays Shave Kit Monday 8th March 2021

Shave Score 9.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Moonsoaps - Amaretto
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 2.5, 2.5)
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Soap Co. - Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Balm: Barts ASB Ben Vorlich (Grapefruit & Pepper)
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Loving these Barts Balms so far, on number 3 atm they leave a great face feeling, super smooth, but not greasy.

Have a Great Day All :)

Joe

IMG_4684.jpeg

MONDAY ‌03/08/21 SOTD
Blackland Dart / Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi Mountain Lake 24mm 2-band Silvertip Badger
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Shaving Soap

Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Artisan Aftershave

lJalK3M.jpg

Mon 8th March

Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
RR Hawk V3-OC plate
Kai CT Mild Pink [ 5 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

A mixed bag of a Shave, started off well then got a rare weeper. For some Reason the Razor /Blade combo was rather harsh when doing around the chin, probably me rushing a bit.

IMG_1357.jpg

Last edited:
8 March

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Blackland Blackbird
Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper

B2A3ED62-0D5B-4155-BE2F-645DF789E5BE.jpeg

A super smooth shave with the Blackland Blackbird this morning. Two passes gave a very close shave. The Dapper Doc’s and Chubby 2 created a wonderfully fragrant lather leaving the skin feeling soft and the Bart’s Balm just added to that feeling of a thoroughly luxurious shave.

08/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: FHS-10 / Modified GEM
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol

P3050009.JPG

Maiden shave with the new to me Oneblade Core, purchased from BST for the princely sum of £10 delivered. Thank you @Mr. Blonde
The reason it was bought was so i could play with a GEM Blade to see if i could get them to fit after a question from a "newbie"
I face lathered today with the Synth horsey Yaqi and the OSP Menthol soap, not my favourite scent but a wonderful lather.
I completed the 1st pass with the FHS-10 blade, it was on its second outing and was OK, i could feel the cutting of the stubble although it was smooth enough, the razor itself performed very well. It feels nice in the hand and was easy to find the angle, without putting any pressure on the head.
I swapped out the blade for the modified GEM, i had nibbled the corners off to replicate the FHS blade so the GEM was held by the razors rear blade stops, The FHS moved around quite a bit in the head and although the GEM did move it did seem to be held more securely.
I completed the XTG and ATG passes with the GEM, i thought it felt much better and there was less resistance and a bit more feel.
I actually enjoyed the shave and i am not sure where the "soul-less" reputation comes from.
I finished off the shave with a rub of Proraso Green balm, finishing with the OSP splash leaving me clean, cool and refreshed.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
08/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: FHS-10 / Modified GEM
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol

View attachment 66052

Maiden shave with the new to me Oneblade Core, purchased from BST for the princely sum of £10 delivered.
The reason it was bought was so i could play with a GEM Blade to see if i could get them to fit after a question from a "newbie"
I face lathered today with the Synth horsey Yaqi and the OSP Menthol soap, not my favourite scent but a wonderful lather.
I completed the 1st pass with the FHS-10 blade, it was on its second outing and was OK, i could feel the cutting of the stubble although it was smooth enough, the razor itself performed very well. It feels nice in the hand and was easy to find the angle, without putting any pressure on the head.
I swapped out the blade for the modified GEM, i had nibbled the corners off to replicate the FHS blade so the GEM was held by the razors rear blade stops, The FHS moved around quite a bit in the head and although the GEM did move it did seem to be held more securely.
I completed the XTG and ATG passes with the GEM, i thought it felt much better and there was less resistance and a bit more feel.
I actually enjoyed the shave and i am not sure where the "soul-less" reputation comes from.
I finished off the shave with a rub of Proraso Green balm, finishing with the OSP splash leaving me clean cool and refreshed.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Animated GIF

Now if only I knew somebody that could knock a few up for me ....

8/3/21

Brush - Yaqi Faux Horse Synth Rainbow Handle
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech Tech
Blade - Astra SP (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Oceans

I'd had a bit of post shave irritation over the last few shaves with almost the exact set up (changed the brush today) but dropped the Nivea Sensitive Balm, and the irritation was gone! Thanks to @Scotshaves to identify the offending culprit.

A rare outing for my Yaqi Rainbow synth, a brush I find works really well but I find to be a touch too large for my liking, it's functionality is superb seems to create a lot of lather with very little trouble. With calipers, the knot measures 28mm across and 55mm high, it's a sizeable beast.

Nice shave with the ASP and FBT though.

Have a good start to the week gents.

Back
Top Bottom