SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

I'm enjoying it way more than I expected. I was thinking I'd be wandering around in a cloud of Henry Cooper, but it isn't as full on as i expected, dies down quite nicely. Skin feels good too, for £2.99 a bargain. I can see me always having a bottle about :)
The body splash in the plastic bottle is potentially a little more fragrant. There's also the bottle with the chain, that again, might be a little more potent. They're marketed as splashes rather than aftershaves, though.

How are you enjoying that Brut?

I've only got the Brut Oceans splash but the Original in EdT. When the Afro Carib beauty shops reopen I will get the original splash, they have a few of the others as well.

Are there any other Brut splashes worth looking out for? Oceans seems a fairly inconspicuous marine splash but I love it, I think it stays on the skin for a good amount of time as well.

Monday AM 2021-03-08
Russian Revolution began, 1917
QM4RBnO.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)

A great shave.
0lSKSsF.jpg
Cracking brush

Monday evening

Vitos Vegetale
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Rockwell 6C R4
Gillette Silver Platinum (4)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Flöid Black

I found, like others, the marzipanny/almondy thing in some Italian soaps can cause a bit stinging. The obvious solution? Less swirling, ergo less product on the brush. Still plenty for three passes; but perhaps not enough that makes it concentrated to the point of causing irritation.

So, a perfectly comfortable shave, with one of my favourite contemporary razors and its sweet spot supplied by the R4 plate.

B376DB88-9D3F-45A5-BABE-E74C6639532E.jpeg

Monday evening

Vitos Vegetale
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Rockwell 6C R4
Gillette Silver Platinum (4)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Flöid Black

I found, like others, the marzipanny/almondy thing in some Italian soaps can cause a bit stinging. The obvious solution? Less swirling, ergo less product on the brush. Still plenty for three passes; but perhaps not enough that makes it concentrated to the point of causing irritation.

So, a perfectly comfortable shave, with one of my favourite contemporary razors and its sweet spot supplied by the R4 plate.

View attachment 66061

Italian almond croaps seem to irritate the skin of a few it seems.

This particular example however has one of my favourite pieces of design on the packaging though!

I've only got the Brut Oceans splash but the Original in EdT. When the Afro Carib beauty shops reopen I will get the original splash, they have a few of the others as well.

Are there any other Brut splashes worth looking out for? Oceans seems a fairly inconspicuous marine splash but I love it, I think it stays on the skin for a good amount of time as well.

Sport Style is a nice clean aquatic one, Shubs

Tue 9th SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade KAI 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
Excellent soap qualities. Thickly creamy and slick with a super aromatic scent!! Love this soap!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was really nice. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs result. The aftershave is excellent. Very enjoyable shave session.
20210309_100708.jpg

SOTD : 9th March 2021.

59.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Lather : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Asco Super Stainless. (D3)
Razor: Parker 89r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm./ Denim Original ASL.

Greetings,

The Asco blade continued to perform with efficiency paired together with the assertive parker 89r mowed through my stubble with effortless ease.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Denim Original ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 9th March 2021

Shave Score 9.9/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Cream: Geo F Trumper - Limes
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 3.0, 3.0)
Blade: Astra SP Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: OSP - Sandalwood
Post Shave Balm: Barts ASB Ben Lomond (Cinnamon & Patchouli)
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Loved being back on the Astra SP Platinums after yesterdays try on a Feather, with half the effort I put into the Feather yesterday I had twice the shave today, no irritation and BBS/DFS.
I feel it will be at least half the day before I start to feel stubble, I've retired the Feathers out of rotation for now until I work out were I went wrong with them :)

Loving these Barts Balms so far, on number 4 atm they leave a great face feeling, super smooth, but not greasy, the only one so far that's a bit harsh is the Vorlich one that has pepper in it :)

Have a Great Day All :)

Joe

IMG_0675.jpeg

158753705_119328130086657_7501925747384531275_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia (from sample box)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (1)

Well, as you can see from the picture, the Caledonia's been hammered during its travels! Again, no frippery - I just let the soap do its job. Same quality as yesterday and the glide was superb.
First time trying a Dorco blade. The quality looked good on opening (double wrap, very crisp blue print on the blade) and thankfully it did not disappoint. For a first shave out of the box it was very impressive with the Parker. I'll probable drag the Tech or Lord L6 out tomorrow to see if it's as good through another driver, or if I really get on this well with the 22R that every blade gets elevated.

View attachment 66069
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Signature Soaps Caledonia (from sample box)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (1)

Well, as you can see from the picture, the Caledonia's been hammered during its travels! Again, no frippery - I just let the soap do its job. Same quality as yesterday and the glide was superb.
First time trying a Dorco blade. The quality looked good on opening (double wrap, very crisp blue print on the blade) and thankfully it did not disappoint. For a first shave out of the box it was very impressive with the Parker. I'll probable drag the Tech or Lord L6 out tomorrow to see if it's as good through another driver, or if I really get on this well with the 22R that every blade gets elevated.
+ 1 on the Dorco Prime Platinum....A Very smooth & forgiving blade, which pairs together wonderfully with the Parker 22R.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom